Marquette at Indiana
Michigan at Villanova
Seton Hall at Nebraska

Thursday

Ohio State at Creighton
Penn State at Depaul

Friday

St. John's at Rutgers

My picks: Wisconsin, Georgetown, Indiana, Villanova, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, St. John's. Big Ten goes 5-3.

You blew the only pick that matters

I think we knock off one (or both depending on if Huell is out) of Miami or Seton Hall on the road. My two reasons for picking SJU are: It's still early in the year and they have much more experience than us, and I happen to think Shamorie Ponds is one of the five best players in the sport (Zion Williamson, R.J. Barrett, Carsen Edwards are up there, and I don't who else, so I guess I consider Ponds top-4).

I think we knock off one (or both depending on if Huell is out) of Miami or Seton Hall on the road. My two reasons for picking SJU are: It's still early in the year and they have much more experience than us, and I happen to think Shamorie Ponds is one of the five best players in the sport (Zion Williamson, R.J. Barrett, Carsen Edwards are up there, and I don't who else, so I guess I consider Ponds top-4).
They barely beat Bowling Green. Seems like playing them early also hurts them as they learn to play with ponds and herron. The size length ball movement and 3 pointing will be too much for the Johnnie's to handle. Pike > Mullin. We get the W

Tuesday
Wisconsin at Xavier
Georgetown at Illinois

Wednesday

Marquette at Indiana
Michigan at Villanova
Seton Hall at Nebraska

Thursday

Ohio State at Creighton
Penn State at Depaul

Friday

St. John's at Rutgers

My picks: Wisconsin, Georgetown, Indiana, Villanova, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, St. John's. Big Ten goes 5-3.

Wisky, G-town, Indy, Nova, Hall, tOSU, Ped State; RUTGERS!

MO

Reactions: BillyC80
Tuesday
Wisconsin at Xavier...........WISCONSIN
Georgetown at Illinois...................ILLINOIS

Wednesday
Marquette at Indiana...........INDIANA
Michigan at Villanova...........VILLANOVA
Seton Hall at Nebraska.........NEBRASKA

Thursday
Ohio State at Creighton...........CREIGHTON
Penn State at Depaul.........PENN STATE

Friday
St. John's at Rutgers........RUTGERS

Wisconsin , Illinois, Indiana, nova, Nebraska, Ohio state, DePaul and Rutgers. Big 10 wins 6-2. So many toss up games however that can go either way.

Tuesday
Wisconsin at Xavier------Wisc
Georgetown at Illinois------Ill

Wednesday

Marquette at Indiana---------Ind
Michigan at Villanova-----------Nova
Seton Hall at Nebraska---------NU (NU is currently -9.5 for the game)

Thursday

Ohio State at Creighton--------OSU (Creighton isnt near as good as has been)
Penn State at Depaul--------Depaul

Friday

St. John's at Rutgers-------------Johnnies (to many new pieces for RU)

I usually have about a 30% success rate on picks so take the opposite. Ha

Wisconsin- Legit contender for B1G title
Illinois- can’t win @Ill with McClung as your starting PG
Nova- Win a lot more than you lose having Nova at home
Nebraska- I think they might be overrated as their starting 5 is really good but after that....
Creighton- Tough place to win
DePaul- Anti-PSU pick based on Watkins absence
Rutgers-Lets go RU!

Rutgers wins by 2.

Seton Hall loses.

Rutgers has to pressure Justin Simon to cough up the ball, and look to drive on him to draw early fouls. I would be surprised if SJU pressed Rutgers, seeing they are limited on efficient depth. SJU has active hands, and may get easy points. Omoyuri 3 pt shooting is not a fluke. Neither is Thiams. When SJU has to sub, they will lack efficiency. McConnell is still young, and pressure may affect him. I see Baker playing 34 minutes. Ponds and Heron can take over a game. I don't expect Rutgers scoring to continue to be steady, so their defense must step up. I believe they are capable.

Seton Hall loses because they have one consistent scorer right now, and Nebraska has more depth. I do not think Sandro is ready for the big show. Nebraska rebounding by commission will challange the hall.

Taken from SJU board poster-

"The RAC is a intimidating, spirited building that's a ton of fun when packed."

Last edited:
Nebraska- I think they might be overrated as their starting 5 is really good but after that....
Rutgers-Lets go RU!

Nebraska has 8 Big 10 caliber kids that will play in a steady rotation. The best 3 point shooter on the team will come off the bench.

I'll go with
Xavier
Illinois
Indiana
Villanova
Nebraska
Ohio State
Penn State
Rutgers

I think the BIG wins 6-2.

Wisconsin at Xavier...........WISKY

Wednesday
Marquette at Indiana...........MARQUETTE
Michigan at Villanova...........THE NOVA

Thursday

Friday
St. John's at Rutgers........ST. JOHN'S

Rutgers-Lets go RU!
Care to rethink the McClung statement? ;) Just joshing

FYI. Akinjo is the point guard. McClung is the shooting guard.

McClung off the ball and in transition is a plus player....McClung on the ball as a point guard and being asked to run an offense early in his career and a spot up shooter in half court.....that aspect of his game will take time to develop.

I think in time, RU fans have to look at whether it's McClung or Jacon Young or Mulcahy as your guard choice....in the assumption that McClung stuck with his commitment, if you are asking me based on practice reports and projecting forward, which player i would rather have in order playing significant minutes over the next 2 seasons, it would be Mulcahy, Young and then McClung.

Wisconsin at Xavier...........WISKY

Wednesday
Marquette at Indiana...........MARQUETTE
Michigan at Villanova...........THE NOVA

Thursday

Friday
St. John's at Rutgers........ST. JOHN'S

Stay away from the book. Ur not exactly on a hot streak

Reactions: GoFish2
Only thing I would say......when you look at RU's past I think I'd always prefer the HS kid over a transfer. Our record has been less than stellar with transfers and JUCOs. Although maybe it fits my narrative, I am going to stick Kiss in a different bucket as he left Quinnipiac to "move up" to Rutgers.

Illinois stinks...going to place them on the PREMATURE list.

TEAMS RU CAN JUMP THIS YEAR
1. Illinois

When you see PSU, Iowa and NW I think you may add them as well.

Illinois didn't have Trent Frazier last night. It's close to us playing without Geo. He is their best player. And he is going to be back as I believe he sustained a concussion in practice this week.

Reactions: Scangg
PSU without Watkins (and obviously Carr) gets on the list for sure
Turtleless Northwestern hopefully gets on the list too.

If we go 1-2 in our next 3 (totally possible) might have to put the list away for a few weeks. Any entry will be in pencil until late January.

1. Illinois

They didn't have their best player (Trent Frazier). Need to see more from them, though it's pretty bad that they couldn't win at home with all the freebie turnovers Georgetown committed (and a few that Illinois forced)

They didn't have their best player (Trent Frazier). Need to see more from them, though it's pretty bad that they couldn't win at home with all the freebie turnovers Georgetown committed (and a few that Illinois forced)

TEAMS THAT RU CAN JUMP THIS YEAR

Their tallest player with keita out is a 6'9 freshman forward who had 2 rebounds and 0 points vs Loyola. Their second tallest player is 6'7. Im shaking in my boots.

Reactions: GoFish2
Their tallest player with keita out is a 6'9 freshman forward who had 2 rebounds and 0 points vs Loyola. Their second tallest player is 6'7. Im shaking in my boots.

We have a good chance (40% or so IMO). Maybe it's just PTSD from the past two years and I just need to see us do it against a high-major before I believe it can happen.

On an unrelated note, maybe bump it to 45% as I'm unable to make it. I managed to miss the SHU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern games last year while making it to Florida State, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois. So my lack of attendance is a huge boost for us. (I was at the Minnesota tournament game which kind of ruins this bit, but I missed the Indiana one).

Not surprising. G-Town picked No. 7 in Big East pre-season. UI picked No. 13 pre-season in the Big 10. Frazier was probably the difference in the nip-and-tuck battle.

Granted it was an exhibition but remember we beat them last year with a much much worse team. Both teams were playing for the win though.

We really should be able to get a win at home after this injury news. Too much size length depth and 3 point shooting.

One thing that could work against us would be if Geo gets in early foul trouble but you could say that about every game this season.

1. Illinois

I agree with you based on last night. Frazier is a top-notch B1G PG who was out though. They would beat GT with him. We are a much smarter team than Illinois.

Last edited:
OSU -2 at Creighton
PSU -1.5 at Depaul

PUR -.13.5 App State
Oregon -4 at Iowa

Quinipiac -2.5 Hartford (no Kiss)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT