ADVERTISEMENT

Gene Steratore Named Super Bowl LII Referee

I always find that crazy
How are you a complete expert on all rules for more than one sport?
aha_coming_to_america.gif

I thought the NFL was making some of their referees full time employees? I would assume that Steratore would be one if getting the SB assignment. I guess they can still earning other income during the season?

He did the Minnesota Vikings - NO Saints divisional game on Sunday, then travelled to University Park for the Monday evening game between Minnesota and Penn State. Crazy!

He also has some sort of family janitorial service business. So he actually has three jobs. Seems like a good dude.

I agree. Still bitter over that call. The first down he gave the Cowboys with the index card is only a start to making amends.

Meaningless salve. Just cannot, I mean cannot, make that call in the GB game.

He's a nice guy...will enage with the crowd...I always ask him what game he will be reffing on Sunday and he always responds....I also think his brother may ref Womens B1G 10 Games....lives in the Pittsburgh area I believe

When he refs at the RAC it appears he has some kind of issue with his back. Looks like one of Robert Crumb’s Do-Dah men when he heads down the court.

he's mr. cool out there. always smooth and stylish in making his calls. the walt frazier of officiating!

ADVERTISEMENT