ADVERTISEMENT

Genius RU Marketing at work again. Season Tix holder premium lol.

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
Does anybody think getting one of these (ANY of these 3 crappy choices) T shirts is gonna drive folks to renew or buy a football season tix? Or the ability to to vote on these by March 11th is going to matter lol? How about a shirt that says "Rutgers Football Season Tix Holder"? Sorry. Getting one of these cheap a$$ shirts means zilch. One of the best cheap a$$ things they sent was a plastic Chrome R. At least I knew those went to the group and not dime a dozen thing. This is still Mickey Mouse to me.

https://s8100632.t.en25.com/e/es?s=...aac1a164526b1c670d6d49de747&elqaid=82&elqat=1

Not sure what the problem with it is, but anyone who doesn't vote for option 2 is blind. That one's great; the others are god-awful.
just think its a weak and very likely ineffective effort to drum up season tix sales. Seriously. Getting to vote on a t shirt design is going to make you jump next 10 days? But you're right about which shirt.

That really is lame. At least in......2019, 2018? they gave you a block R flag.

The designs actually aren't bad at all. As for the promotion it might work for some folks (I'm not among them, but then again I have every piece of Rutgers apparel ever made).

Reactions: RU205 and Jm0513
just think its a weak and very likely ineffective effort to drum up season tix sales. Seriously. Getting to vote on a t shirt design is going to make you jump next 10 days? But you're right about which shirt.

Doubt it will drum up new sales but maybe will help get some earlier commitments. Early bird pricing would be a better incentive, of course.

Hope they sell that option 2 shirt, regardless.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
The designs aren't that terrible. My problem is none of the designs tie it back to being a season ticket holder or the stadium. Something about being part of the in stadium experience.

thumb.aspx

s-l1600.jpg

I agree with fsg and 1984. Option 2 is good (fsg) and just give me my free stuff without a hokey contest (1984). In the end, it's not worth getting upset over. I may renew early this year, just to get it out of the way. I always forget.

Reactions: fsg2
I don’t think these gifts are meant to entice anyone to actually buy tickets lol.

Probably more of a reminder for people to renew and a sign of goodwill to loyal season ticket holders.

If I wanted nice Rutgers merchandise I wouldn’t be depending on a giveaway. Also I don’t think these shirts are that bad.

The designs aren't that terrible. My problem is none of the designs tie it back to being a season ticket holder or the stadium. Something about being part of the in stadium experience.

thumb.aspx

s-l1600.jpg

That's possibly the most boring football T-shirt I've ever seen. No thx.

I like Option 1, but why are they sticking this promo in now instead of from renewal day 1? I opened the link and even though I already renewed, the page reads like I didn't. I don't get it.

With the exception of Rutgersal, nobody is more of a glass is always full Rutgers fan, but these are really bad. Even the Chop one isn’t going to be recognized by 98 percent of people who see it because you can barely realize those are trees( although it is not as dumb as Oregon’s basketball court). Just go with a red shirt that says Rutgers on the top line, an R in the middle, and Football on the bottom. This is a nice gift for ticket buyers and enables thousands of New Jerseyans to act like mini mobile billboards. Maybe put an outline of New Jersey with an R inside it on the back side of the shirt. PLEASE Rutgers Marketing, don’t use any of those three designs.

Probably more of a reminder for people to renew and a sign of goodwill to loyal season ticket holders.
bingo. All of the “renewal deadline coming up” emails have been unopened by me the last couple weeks. This one at least got me to open it and click within the email, which if the reps are doing their job will warrant a call to me in the next day or two to discuss renewing.

Reactions: S_Janowski
If you go in expecting nothing as a gift, anything they give is a nice bonus. Expert l except for that stupid pos statue that they sent a few years ago. That thing was trash and infuriated me because it was such a waste of money.

Speaking of apparel, I was at Scarlet Fever today and was surprised to see they still had some 2005-12 football jerseys, even some with the sewn on numbers. I went for a basketball jersey but was disappointed to see that everything was just ironed on and there wasn't even a number on the back, and ended up getting another football jersey instead. Anyone know if there are better quality basketball jerseys available anywhere, especially the 1976 throwback that says "Knights" across the front?

Speaking of apparel, I was at Scarlet Fever today and was surprised to see they still had some 2005-12 football jerseys, even some with the sewn on numbers. I went for a basketball jersey but was disappointed to see that everything was just ironed on and there wasn't even a number on the back, and ended up getting another football jersey instead. Anyone know if there are better quality basketball jerseys available anywhere, especially the 1976 throwback that says "Knights" across the front?
Check online. That’s how I bought mine. Probably from Rutgersshop.com which appears to be the same as shop.scarletknights.com.

People will find anything to complain about. Would you rather they just give you nothing? What do you realistically want for season tix of $50/game? A hand job too?
#1. YOU of all people on this entire forum should not be making ANY comments about posters complaining. YOU"RE THE FREAKIN POSTER CHILD FOR THAT. Perhaps voted the #1 Negative poster on the Men's BB site.
#2. Did you even read what I said? I NEVER said it was about the value of the shirt. I said it was the value of being unique. I said I valued the special CHEAP PLASTIC CHROME R because it was unique to season tix holders and recognized them in a special way vs. just another thing.
#3. I was also calling out the perceived benefit of choosing the design as a motivation for choosing one of these lame shirts as a motivation to act NOW to re-up.
#4.Yeah. I would prefer NOTHING. That's exactly why I didn't take advantage of the $20 gift card sent out to STH so you could only buy certain items not sold out and only buy on-line so the perk packaged as a Gift Card was merely a free shipping credit.
#5. I'll hold my reply to the hand job.

Does anybody think getting one of these (ANY of these 3 crappy choices) T shirts is gonna drive folks to renew or buy a football season tix? Or the ability to to vote on these by March 11th is going to matter lol? How about a shirt that says "Rutgers Football Season Tix Holder"? Sorry. Getting one of these cheap a$$ shirts means zilch. One of the best cheap a$$ things they sent was a plastic Chrome R. At least I knew those went to the group and not dime a dozen thing. This is still Mickey Mouse to me.

https://s8100632.t.en25.com/e/es?s=...aac1a164526b1c670d6d49de747&elqaid=82&elqat=1
It’s a gift. Only this board would complain about a free gift.

#1. YOU of all people on this entire forum should not be making ANY comments about posters complaining. YOU"RE THE FREAKIN POSTER CHILD FOR THAT. Perhaps voted the #1 Negative poster on the Men's BB site.
#2. Did you even read what I said? I NEVER said it was about the value of the shirt. I said it was the value of being unique. I said I valued the special CHEAP PLASTIC CHROME R because it was unique to season tix holders and recognized them in a special way vs. just another thing.
#3. I was also calling out the perceived benefit of choosing the design as a motivation for choosing one of these lame shirts as a motivation to act NOW to re-up.
#4.Yeah. I would prefer NOTHING. That's exactly why I didn't take advantage of the $20 gift card sent out to STH so you could only buy certain items not sold out and only buy on-line so the perk packaged as a Gift Card was merely a free shipping credit.
#5. I'll hold my reply to the hand job.
Lol sharing your opinion of a sports program and how you believe they can improve vs complaining about what youre getting for free is very equal comparison.

i’ll take the controversial stance that you shouldnt really complain about getting free stuff haha

It’s a gift. Only this board would complain about a free gift.
Oh Great. Another one missing the point and being a "cow" and just going along cause you know..that's easy vs. trying to make a change and add some value.
...and yes. I can't count the number of times I've reached out to help on these things given my sales/marketing background for a F50 company.
no you're right. You all salivate over a freakin $5 t shirt. That's why they do this crap.
I just got my Gratefull4 shirt I paid $30 bucks for. You know why? Because it had value added, was unique, and supported a Rutgers Student. How bout Rutgers partner with Paul Mulcahy and create a shirt that says (front) - "Rutgers Grateful 4U" (back) Season Tix Holder There's your free t shirt.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Lol sharing your opinion of a sports program and how you believe they can improve vs complaining about what youre getting for free is very equal comparison.

i’ll take the controversial stance that you shouldnt really complain about getting free stuff haha
ok. and I thought you were a more comprehensive member. and again...totally missing the point that this marketing campaign will have ZERO impact on getting people to renew early.

My favorite gifts were from the TD Club. Many years ago a coffee mug. Also a license plate holder.
The coffee cup was given many years ago. I liked it a hell of a lot, I used it for many years at Bell Labs-Holmdel. Then it disappeared from my desk and was held for kidnapping. I received a series of notes and followed directions that took me all over the immense building. I never got the coffee cup back. The case went C-O-L-D. I had my suspects but never recovered the revered coffee cup,
The license plate holder is still in-use on my 2010 Acura TSX, though now holding a Florida tag. It’s drawn some attention from Big Ten friends down here.

Last edited:
ok. and I thought you were a more comprehensive member. and again...totally missing the point that this marketing campaign will have ZERO impact on getting people to renew early.
I agree it will have zero impact.

My favorite gifts were from the TD Club. Many years ago a coffee mug. Also a license plate holder.
The coffee cup was given many years ago. I liked it a hell of a lot, I used it for many years at Bell Labs-Holmdel. Then it disappeared from my desk and was held for kidnapping. I received a series of notes and followed directions that took me all over the immense building. I never got the coffee cup back. The case went C-O-L-D. I had my suspects but never recovered the revered coffee cup,
The license plate holder is still in-use on my 2010 Acura TSX, though now holding a Florida tag. It’s drawn some attention from Big Ten friends down here.
Loved the nice bag they gave a years ago.

Agree 1000 percent on a license plate holder. During its lifetime tens of thousands of people will see. While we are at it, can Rutgers PLEASE send out a couple to each football and basketball season ticketholder like we used to when fans got real tickets in the mail. Now that some people are using cell phone tickets, you are seeing less Rutgers magnets at the games. I know people can get them at the ticket booths at The RAC and at Rutgers Stadium, as well as various locations in all 21 counties, but most people are too lazy or don’t know where to go.

Gotta be careful with the license plate frames now, if it covers any of the wording on your plate, you can get a ticket. I got one because I have a license plate frame that partially covers "Garden State" even though not every NJ plate says that anyway. I eventually beat it in court when the cop didn't show up, but I still had to go to court three times (including one trip to pick up a form to file for discovery) to get that result and the prosecutor actually threatened to ask the judge for jail time if I was found guilty because I was "wasting their time." Unbelievably frustrating and surreal experience over such BS.

But anyway, I wonder if the marketing people figure the license plate frames aren't necessary with so many people having a block R magnet on their car.

ADVERTISEMENT