ADVERTISEMENT

Geno VanDeMark deciding August 22 at 6PM

img_2489-1.jpg

I would be fine losing to alabama in the
National championship
Sorry to be Debbie Downer but it’s not looking like Geno wants to be part of the Rutger’s community or so it seems. I hope I’m wrong but maybe East Lansing is the in thing ?

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but it’s not looking like Geno wants to be part of the Rutger’s community or so it seems. I hope I’m wrong but maybe East Lansing is the in thing ?
Sadly agree based on what the experts believe. Don’t understand it. Lived in East Lansing for a summer working for GM. Nice campus. Not a very good school. Middle of the state. Greg and co would be a better pick between the two.

Stinks because when we hired Hoffman we thought these two guys were in
Well one would hope so but how many actually knew grand papi played at MSU so the kid has probably always known if he was good enough and offered by them that’s where he wanted to go. And they do have some recent credibility. But who knows we may get a few surprises along the way. I’m more disappointed to not get Estime... we just have to stop this trend f top backs leaving the state.

“VanDeMark’s grandfather (Allan VanDeMark) played at Michigan State."
💩💩💩

Chandler Parson’s granddad played hoops at Rutgers. Chandler chose Florida for his college hoops. Legacies work at many other programs. Not often at Rutgers.
Choosing Michigan State is a head scratcher. We will be beating them regularly before too long.

Did we make Augie a position coach to allow him to recruit his HS players? Is he good enough coach at this level?

💩💩💩

💩💩💩

Too bad this was not known long ago. Would not have entertained thoughts of the kid coming here.

Dean Reiber our freshman bb player has grandfather who went to RU. So yes sometimes it works for us. Remember how excited Dean was when RU offered him.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Yea MSU. Interesting. Like Northwestern they seem to be most triggered by us in the big ten. I think it’s because they know what’s coming. Even in our worst down years we still gave MSU a scare. Chris Ash almost beat them like 3 times and even Norries Wilson had them on their toes by a TD when they were #4 in the nation. I expect once Greg gets things rolling we will pass over MSU the same way we did Syracuse, UConn, etc.

Reactions: beaced and thegock
Did we make Augie a position coach to allow him to recruit his HS players? Is he good enough coach at this level?

Augie turned down a coaching job as OL Coach in the NFL with the Dolphins, because he did not want to relocate his family.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I guess you can try to rationalize this disappointing outcome but it is still not a good look for us. In football, outside the family, I think the HS coach still wields considerable influence in the recruits decision making process. This grandfather to MSU connection seemed to come into play as a factor late in the process.

How many guys did AH send our way while he was at St. Joes? I think we got more under Karcich then we did under him. I credit GS for identifying the McCourty's ability more than them being 4 star recruits. If the RB also goes elsewhere then I think there is a legitimate concern about his recruiting capabilities. To be fair, Nunzio is not knocking my socks off as a recruiter either. I know RU is a tough sell but losing out on top NJ kids to schools like MSU needs to stop for us to move up in our division.

It's the old adage of WIN and they will come...I do find this interesting in Van Der Mark 's claims MSU recruited him the hardest in those past several weeks...not from what I know about Schiano and this staff... to say " I wanted to be prioritized"...Do we believe that Geno wasn't a " High " priority for Rutgers? ...What about Estime ? Not only not a logical explanation but another excuse ... It is a disappointment but not the end of the world...

It's the old adage of WIN and they will come...I do find this interesting in Van Der Mark 's claims MSU recruited him the hardest in those past several weeks...not from what I know about Schiano and this staff... to say " I wanted to be prioritized"...Do we believe that Geno wasn't a " High " priority for Rutgers? ...What about Estime ? Not only not a logical explanation but another excuse ... It is a disappointment but not the end of the world...
Not sure on the win and they will come.

University of South Carolina was 4-8 last year, in Muschamp's 4th season.
They just got a commitment from a 5 star QB from Georgia.

Maryland has not had a winning season since 2014. They were 3-9/1-8 last year.
They have three 4 star recruits for the class of 2021, and three 4 star and one 5 star recruits for the class of 2020.

Chris Ash had three 4 star recruits in 2017, his first full recruiting class after a disastrous year on the field in 2016.

What does any of the above mean? That recruiting and stars is an inexact science. Only one of those 4 star recruits from 2017 has panned out, and maybe one of them will in his final season- hard to tell with all of the issues on the OL and the offense in general.

Our future success will not be made or broken by losing one or two top recruits.

Reactions: beaced

You and I are about the same age.

Back during our dating days when a chick broke it off with us, wasn’t it quite common that the reason she gave us for the split was not the real reason?

I actually thought with Covid going on that RU would flip some local recruits to stay closer to home and come to RU. Didn’t work out in this case.

Not sure on the win and they will come.

University of South Carolina was 4-8 last year, in Muschamp's 4th season.
They just got a commitment from a 5 star QB from Georgia.

Maryland has not had a winning season since 2014. They were 3-9/1-8 last year.
They have three 4 star recruits for the class of 2021, and three 4 star and one 5 star recruits for the class of 2020.

Chris Ash had three 4 star recruits in 2017, his first full recruiting class after a disastrous year on the field in 2016.

What does any of the above mean? That recruiting and stars is an inexact science. Only one of those 4 star recruits from 2017 has panned out, and maybe one of them will in his final season- hard to tell with all of the issues on the OL and the offense in general.

Our future success will not be made or broken by losing one or two top recruits.
South Carolina has been over the long haul a good program and even a very good program . After the past 5 years he will have to show some improvements.

Dean Reiber our freshman bb player has grandfather who went to RU. So yes sometimes it works for us. Remember how excited Dean was when RU offered him.
Dean will not be confused with Chandler Parsons. Was Dean’s grandfather a basketball player?

ADVERTISEMENT