ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Geo Baker lets out all the emotions, talks game, potential return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't watch it yet. Frankly I don't care what he said.I'd rather he showed just a tad more in this game, especially at the end.
Last two games is perfect reflection of his career. Hero 1 game we win, careless the next we lose. Not all his fault. Not even close. But he's a 4 year starting captain with the sweet 16 in his pocket.

Didn't watch it yet. Frankly I don't care what he said.I'd rather he showed just a tad more in this game, especially at the end.
Last two games is perfect reflection of his career. Hero 1 game we win, careless the next we lose. Not all his fault. Not even close. But he's a 4 year starting captain with the sweet 16 in his pocket.

The fact is Rutgers football doesn't have the 2006 season if Brian Leonard is the feature RB. He and the team needed Ray Rice. Geo Baker and the basketball team needed their Ray Rice and for a while it was RHJ. But that didn't last and we ended up here.

I love Brian Leonard and I love Geo Baker. Appreciate them for what they did to change the culture and the great things they could do as players and don't dwell on the things they couldn't do.

The fact is Rutgers football doesn't have the 2006 season if Brian Leonard is the feature RB. He and the team needed Ray Rice. Geo Baker and the basketball team needed their Ray Rice and for a while it was RHJ. But that didn't last and we ended up here.

I love Brian Leonard and I love Geo Baker. Appreciate them for what they did to change the culture and the great things they could do as players and don't dwell on the things they couldn't do.
Could not be better said. Geo is the guy who changed this program. He needed help. He sometimes got help. He sometimes didn’t. But this guy is a Rutgers legend forever.

So is Myles, so is JY, so is Paul, so is RHJ, so is MM. But Geo is the guy who made us see what could be possible. We got there, and we almost got farther tonight. Dude needs to be remembered like Brian Leonard is.

That would be a wonderful analogy if Brian Leonard took off plays, lost focus and fumbled games away, and didn't otherwise play his ass off and set the example for how to play every down.
An over achiever who actually played running back as a person of non-color in the NFL.
The Brian Leonard who caught a swing pass. And proceeded to leep over the ASU defender on his way to a touchdown in our first Bowl game since 1978. Rice came in the next year.
You don't have to have your side kick to show up when its on the line.

Geo is a super young man and helped get Rutgers back. He's no BL.

Last edited:
That would be a wonderful analogy if Brian Leonard took off plays, lost focus and fumbled games away, and didn't otherwise play his ass off and set the example for how to play every down.
An over achiever who actually played running back as a person of non-color in the NFL.
The Brian Leonard who caught a swing pass. And proceeded to leep over the ASU defender on his Way too a touchdown in our first Bowl game since 1978. Rice came in the next year.

Without Geo we don’t win a number of key games that brought us to this level over the last 2 years.

separately, We should have won tonight.I’m pissed.

The Brian Leonard who caught a swing pass. And proceeded to leep over the ASU defender on his Way too a touchdown in our first Bowl game since 1978. Rice came in the next year.

Seriously dude? Geo has played his heart out for 4 seasons. I’m upset too, Geo didn’t play his greatest but you choose now to bash a player who helped get us somewhere we haven’t been in over 30 years. Get a grip man, or better yet, go be an Ohio State fan if you want to bash players after an emotional loss.

Really bad take. And the point you’re making of BL playing RB as a person of “non-color” in the NFL is what, exactly?

Be a better fan, c’mon.

Geo said all the right things In that press conference. One could feel his sadness first over the passing of Joe Boylan and his miscue at the end.Praised his teammate RHJ and explained why he was not satisfied as he wished to go out as a winner and therefore secure his legacy at Rutgers. This is the guy we all came to love and root for the past 4 years. Wish him well and success in his life ahead. If he somehow decided to return many would be ecstatic.Who knows it was a tough but good year.

What about the Geo Baker who hit not one but two huge shots against Purdue last season to clinch a tournament berth? That has to count even though it got canceled.

I was not making any comparison between their pro potential.

Geo also led the team in points. So, if we want to point fingers, how about the others that didn’t step up to score?

Win as a team, lose as a team.

If you give the guy the ball at the end of every close game, he’s bound to **** it up sometimes.

Geo needs to value the ball more during the non-clutch portions of the game IMO he makes some head scratching turnovers.

Very weird post, and bringing up race? Wtf

you know what another term for a non-POC is? A white person

If you give the guy the ball at the end of every close game, he’s bound to **** it up sometimes.

Geo needs to value the ball more during the non-clutch portions of the game IMO he makes some head scratching turnovers.
Agreed. This game isn’t about Geo turning it over. It’s really about the full meltdown

Who's equating Geo Baker to Brian Leonard? We didn't have a Brian Leonard type on this team, but that doesn't mean that the kids didn't try their best. We just have a scrappy group of players; not necessarily players of great skill level. Wish we would have won this game, but very proud of what they've accomplished.

Seriously dude? Geo has played his heart out for 4 seasons. I’m upset too, Geo didn’t play his greatest but you choose now to bash a player who helped get us somewhere we haven’t been in over 30 years. Get a grip man, or better yet, go be an Ohio State fan if you want to bash players after an emotional loss.
LOL, saying he's BL...that's bashing? OK.

Really bad take. And the point you’re making of BL playing RB as a person of “non-color” in the NFL is what, exactly?

Be a better fan, c’mon.
Its exactly this. You got to be REALLY good to make it in the NFL as a white dude at running back. The athleticism and skill of the of the position requires it. The position is dominated by Black players. And saying that is NOT a racist thing. Its a fact. Simple as that.

People like him should be banned to post on these type of boards. Just a gutless comment by him.
How exactly is that Gutless? Read my response below. To acknowledge he was pretty unique to his position because he is white is gutless? But it would be just fine to talk about the number of black QBs or Black coaches?
If Geo made the comment you'd all fall all over yourselves.

What about the Geo Baker who hit not one but two huge shots against Purdue last season to clinch a tournament berth? That has to count even though it got canceled.

I was not making any comparison between their pro potential.
That was fantastic. He's done some really special things. He's just not on my Mt. Rushmore of Rutgers Basketball Stars and studs. I'll give him my 6th man award.
People getting their panties all in a bunch because they want to admit that he's far from perfect on the floor because he's such a great young man. He IS a great young man. I've never said different. But he's far from perfect on the floor.

Its exactly this. You got to be REALLY good to make it in the NFL as a white dude at running back. The athleticism and skill of the of the position requires it. The position is dominated by Black players. And saying that is NOT a racist thing. Its a fact. Simple as that.
OK, but it’s weird that you are bringing it up at all. Are you suggesting that BL had to overcome his whiteness to be an NFL running back? You have to be REALLY good to make it in the NFL at any position, regardless of race.

In the aftermath of last night’s game, it’s mind boggling to me that in a comparison between Geo & BL, you very quickly bring up race.

And no, I’m not suggesting you’re racist...just perplexed by your logic.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Very weird post, and bringing up race? Wtf

you know what another term for a non-POC is? A white person
Simply to reinforce how special had had to be to play at that position dominated by Black players. I used No-POC in an attempt not to trigger folks like you I guess who I triggered.

Did he really even make it as a pure RB talent though, say like Christian McCaffrey if we're using a recent white RB example? Or was BL seen by the NFL and the teams he played for as more of the hybrid back or even H-back type?

OK, but it’s weird that you are bringing it up at all. Are you suggesting that BL had to overcome his whiteness to be an NFL running back? ABSOLUTELY NOT You have to be REALLY good to make it in the NFL at any position, regardless of race. ABSOLUTELY TRUE

In the aftermath of last night’s game, it’s mind boggling to me that in a comparison between Geo & BL, you very quickly bring up race. AS I SAID, IT WAS SIMPLY USED TO HIGHLIGHT HOW GOOD HE HAD TO BE. He lost something like 20lbs to be able to make it as a RB and not a full back. Sorry, I'm comfortable in talking about such things. I don't freak when people bring up points about any race EXCEPT when used to put somebody down. I used it to build somebody up. If folks want to think what I said was meant in ANY way a shot at Geo because he's black then I don't know what to say because THAT would be so wrong , a leap, and shallow.

But then again, I should have known better from this board and society as a whole. And sorry I triggered the PC police and took this topic off course. I hope that helps explain where I was coming from.

And no, I’m not suggesting you’re racist...just perplexed by your logic.

Didn't watch it

Stop fukking tweeting and pay attention and box out

Did he really even make it as a pure RB talent though, say like Christian McCaffrey if we're using a recent white RB example? Or was BL seen by the NFL and the teams he played for as more of the hybrid back or even H-back type?
Sorry , my bad for making the comment and running this topic of course. I just watched a Pirate Series on Netflix and I was gonna say "13 lashes for me" and then I realized how THAT would be taken lol.

Who's equating Geo Baker to Brian Leonard? We didn't have a Brian Leonard type on this team, but that doesn't mean that the kids didn't try their best. We just have a scrappy group of players; not necessarily players of great skill level. Wish we would have won this game, but very proud of what they've accomplished.
I agree. You should see my facebook.

Perhaps we need to understand our past 30 something years and though we had some very good individual players many were not premier types. Not a knock just a fact. Douby as an example was an exceptional player . Who would be rated higher as a player today . Please name one on this current team. We have some good players but many programs have for years outshone us with talented players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT