ADVERTISEMENT

Geo baker to RU

This is great news. Apparently Pikiell wants Baker as a 2G as he wants Jose Alvarado to run the point. If he can get him as well we will have 2 outstanding guards for our 2017 class. Maybe now we won't have so many negative posts on our staff's recruiting.

I know nothing about the kid apart from what's on the recruiting pages. But, the lack of big time offers makes me at least a little wary. Gotta trust this staff and assume they've found a diamond in the rough.

I like this kid a lot. Nice get. The staff intends to use Baker at the 2 so this will have no bearing on their pursuit of Alvarado to run the point.

Interesting, I was wondering about that. Geo has been described as a PG by most, some said combo. I have seen him listed anywhere from 6'1" - 6'3". Guess he is still young and growing. Would be nice to get Alvarado and have two more than capable ball handlers on the court at the same time.

1212 ,We will always have negative posts about recruiting. Forget them and focus on guys like Mr Baker and hopefully Mr Alvarado.☺

Nice get, looks on the taller side - hopefully at least 6'2. Likes the stepback - going to be tough for defenders to block his shot. Also looks like solid ball-handling and passing. He's from a kind of out of the way place (New Hampshire) which would explain the lack of big offers. George Washington and Kansas State aren't slouches, though.

He has more of a mid major offer list.
Lmao our basketball fanbase..

Not to mention most mid majors are probably in better shape than we are..

But he would've had more offers if he waited with the way he's been playing.

He had offers from George Mason, George Washington, and Kansas state. People were starting to look at him.

He has a nice shot both on and off the dribble. Mike Williams had a nice set shot coming in, this kid has both. He also has long arms and will be effective on defense.

I wont even question it. This staff is not afraid to work. I know this kid by his sophmore year will be a 10ppgg/4 assist/2 rebounds type of player.

Solid get. If we secure Alverado, we are making our way.

Which hence

Wow,

You must know a lot about basketball. A player with mid major offers generally would be considered a decent player. Are you expecting him to be a difference maker? This team needs more difference makers, not role players. I'm happy that he committed but I'd be happier when some top 100 players start committing.

July was the evaluation period. If he impressed more high major programs he would have been offered.

I know there are a ton of mid majors that are in better shape than RU. What does that have to do with the fact that he only had 1 offer from the level of teams we are going against night in and night out.

Reactions: RUsojo and RickB113
Guys not rated does not mean no stars. It means Rivals needs to evaluate him. Can we see what he looks like first? Assistant coaches that previously evaluated talent for Pitt and UConn jumped after him. He may be better than people think.

And AshCatchEm, although I agree with alot of what you said, you got to work on your approach dude. No reason to piss people off.

I think we need to have realistic expectations. If we have 4 schollies for next year and we get two top 125-150 players in that group I would satisfied. Not ecstatic but satisfied. I assuming this new staff can coach em up.

Reactions: higgins3
Which hence

Wow,

You must know a lot about basketball. A player with mid major offers generally would be considered a decent player. Are you expecting him to be a difference maker? This team needs more difference makers, not role players. I'm happy that he committed but I'd be happier when some top 100 players start committing.

July was the evaluation period. If he impressed more high major programs he would have been offered.

I know there are a ton of mid majors that are in better shape than RU. What does that have to do with the fact that he only had 1 offer from the level of teams we are going against night in and night out.

Lol. And you expect us to go out and get five difference makers/five four star players?

Start rooting for another team is my suggestion.

Not right now. Not until the new staff and players secure a fifteen win season.

His shot had a beautiful release to it, so I think it'd be great if he could be a combo guard. I didn't see the speed and moves to become the lead point guard, and I'm still wondering if somebody could confirm just how big he is (I've seen anywhere from 6'1 to 6'3ish).

Still, a nice first pickup.

Lol. And you expect us to go out and get five difference makers/five four star players?

Start rooting for another team is my suggestion.

Not right now. Not until the new staff and players secure a fifteen win season.

What's the lol for? I don't expect us to bring in a ton of difference makers right away. I was responding to some nonsense by the other poster. You must admit that this team needs a serious talent infusion. I feel we have the coaches who can recruit top talent.

I've been going to games for decades and I'd like to see the NCAA's within the next several years. I think the kid is a decent pick up. I'm hoping we are able to pick up some difference makers or else it will be the same old same old.

By the way, WTF is the comment about rooting for another team? Save that crap for someone else. I bleed Scarlet and would enjoy bringing my kids to the games in a sold out RAC and watching a good RU team.

What's the lol for? I don't expect us to bring in a ton of difference makers right away. I was responding to some nonsense by the other poster. You must admit that this team needs a serious talent infusion. I feel we have the coaches who can recruit top talent.

I've been going to games for decades and I'd like to see the NCAA's within the next several years. I think the kid is a decent pick up. I'm hoping we are able to pick up some difference makers or else it will be the same old same old.

By the way, WTF is the comment about rooting for another team? Save that crap for someone else. I bleed Scarlet and would enjoy bringing my kids to the games in a sold out RAC and watching a good RU team.

I want us to, too. Still, your post makes it seem like right now we should be bringing in the best talent, and we still are not that team. It just does not seem viable.

We need talent. We also need to build long term, and secure players who stay and evolve here for four years.

I apologize for offending you. I did not understand where you were coming from.

His shot had a beautiful release to it, so I think it'd be great if he could be a combo guard. I didn't see the speed and moves to become the lead point guard, and I'm still wondering if somebody could confirm just how big he is (I've seen anywhere from 6'1 to 6'3ish).

Still, a nice first pickup.

Seems like he is around 6.2 I agree, seems to be a better off ball guard, which is why they are going for Alverado.

I like this kids shot mechanics

Shot mechanics remind me a lot of Jeff Greer who had deep range

Shooting matters and I like what this kids mechanics look like. Good foot balance. Pretty High release point and compact stroke. Ball release fairly high

I want us to, too. Still, your post makes it seem like right now we should be bringing in the best talent, and we still are not that team. It just does not seem viable.

We need talent. We also need to build long term, and secure players who stay and evolve here for four years.

I apologize for offending you. I did not understand where you were coming from.

It's all good. Let's hope this kid kills it here. I think it's important that we sign a good class this year and build on it next year. I really think we have the staff and administration to turn this thing around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT