Geo Baker

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
25 points...10-20 shooting, 4-9 from three, 4 rebounds, no turnovers

the flu made him a changed man.

Folks this was a freshmen up against some of the best guards in the country. I know he hit a wall toward the end and then got sick and he just could not get in any kind of rhythm but this is the kind of game that will give this kid incredible confidence going into next year. Kid knows he can play and produce against the best. He had been working hard all year for a performance like this. Whether Sanders comes back or not, its pretty clear that Geo is going to be a team leader and heart and soul for next year.

What a difference a week makes...season wimpering out on a sour note with mediocre outputs to scoring 25 points and shaking and baking on both ends of the court.

Going to be fun ride the next 3 years with Geo once the pieces get placed around him. He is the guy that will still be here when RU makes its NCAA push either his junior or senior year

Folks this was a freshmen up against some of the best guards in the country. I know he hit a wall toward the end and then got sick and he just could not get in any kind of rhythm but this is the kind of game that will give this kid incredible confidence going into next year. Kid knows he can play and produce against the best. He had been working hard all year for a performance like this. Whether Sanders comes back or not, its pretty clear that Geo is going to be a team leader and heart and soul for next year.

What a difference a week makes...season wimpering out on a sour note with mediocre outputs to scoring 25 points and shaking and baking on both ends of the court.

Going to be fun ride the next 3 years with Geo once the pieces get placed around him. He is the guy that will still be here when RU makes its NCAA push either his junior or senior year

Or sophomore year with Corey, right kyk?

Good to see Geo have a great night!

For those who have seen Peter Kiss play,what are the differences in their games. Passing,ball handling,shot selection,range,defense,rebounding,free throws,quickness,going to the basket,etc.?

It's infectious to see Carsen Edwards as a sophomore make and take tough shots and not want to counter those plays...Purdue is a senior/upper classmen focused teams that probably played its best game in a month tonight.

Baker goes into the off-season workouts with all types of confidence. It will be the 1st off season in awhile where you are adding another variable piece or two on Mathis etc to show recruits we are getting shots up.

I think what shocked Purdue fans and a lot of RU fans was Pikes message was they wanted to play up tempo, only to see the sets really designed to limit mistakes.

Baker finally in the last 2 games found that "me" button....that means he's attacking and looking for his own offense vs the next pass or playing within the system.....i think what makes him somewhat unique is he's smarter than he appears, because he calculates how much space is needed without just relying on ahtleticism.....he has a LOT of Tony Carr (Penn State), in his game

To see Baker, Mathis and perhaps a 1 or 2 additional piece this spring, will free Baker up or make it harder to key on him. Now its developing that consistency to locked down, so he becomes a player that scores even if teams look to stop him.

It's infectious to see Carsen Edwards as a sophomore make and take tough shots and not want to counter those plays...Purdue is a senior/upper classmen focused teams that probably played its best game in a month tonight.

Baker goes into the off-season workouts with all types of confidence. It will be the 1st off season in awhile where you are adding another variable piece or two on Mathis etc to show recruits we are getting shots up.

I think what shocked Purdue fans and a lot of RU fans was Pikes message was they wanted to play up tempo, only to see the sets really designed to limit mistakes.

Baker finally in the last 2 games found that "me" button....that means he's attacking and looking for his own offense vs the next pass or playing within the system.....i think what makes him somewhat unique is he's smarter than he appears, because he calculates how much space is needed without just relying on ahtleticism.....he has a LOT of Tony Carr (Penn State), in his game

To see Baker, Mathis and perhaps a 1 or 2 additional piece this spring, will free Baker up or make it harder to key on him. Now its developing that consistency to locked down, so he becomes a player that scores even if teams look to stop him.
So there is room to use these last 3 nights to take advantage of talent still out there for this coming season?

So there is room to use these last 3 nights to take advantage of talent still out there for this coming season?

No. We don't have any spots available right now for next season, and the first one that becomes available will probably be reserved for Taj Strickland.

I'm very excited for Geo's future. He was great last night.

I said it last night somewhere....people were saying he was a 3rd guard on a decent team. GTFO here with that. kid is a frosh and brought it this week. Eugene and Baker next year look out.
That’s just it. He is a 3rd guard. He’s the perfect 3rd guard. We need 2 more like him. 1 more like him. I hate that we get nothing out of the 3 spot. It’s not realistic to expect 25 out of him every night and carry a team. It’s not realistic to get 25 from Corey every night but we know he can carry a team. We got 25 from Geo and 23 from Corey and still lost.

Only questions are Pikiell not starting Geo in start of second half.

Only questions are Pikiell not starting Geo in start of second half.

yeah thats a good point I forget about . Alot of coaches seem to do that and start the same first half starting lineup, not sure why and yeah PU went on like a 11-0 run so that was a pretty big swing there

yeah thats a good point I forget about . Alot of coaches seem to do that and start the same first half starting lineup, not sure why and yeah PU went on like a 11-0 run so that was a pretty big swing there
I hear you. Ru was only in this game to begin with because Sanders had a scoring partner in Baker. He played 31 mins, but they just got a rest at half. Baker was on, no reason to not have him starting the half.

Geo, probably more than any other player, can benefit by work in the offseason. Weights and ball handling. I think these last few days make it easy for him to start the '18-'19 season today, Sunday or Monday.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Geo, probably more than any other player, can benefit by work in the offseason. Weights and ball handling. I think these last few days make it easy for him to start the '18-'19 season today, Sunday or Monday.
Baker is going to be quite the player. I think he can be a 14 ppg player next year after a year of strength and conditioning.

that's different, that's not being critical. if geo was RU's third guard we'd be pretty freaking good. Purdue good.

That’s just it. He is a 3rd guard. He’s the perfect 3rd guard. We need 2 more like him. 1 more like him. I hate that we get nothing out of the 3 spot. It’s not realistic to expect 25 out of him every night and carry a team. It’s not realistic to get 25 from Corey every night but we know he can carry a team. We got 25 from Geo and 23 from Corey and still lost.

The best thing about Baker is his IQ. He understands the game of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT