ADVERTISEMENT

Geo declaring for NBA Draft - maintaining eligibility

Feels like he’s waiting to see how our roster plays out. Go out and get some feedback on playing at the next-level (not necessarily the NBA) and see how the rest of the off-season takes shape for RU. I’d imagine Ron’s decision will impact Geo’s

I read this as a positive. Doesn't seem like he is intent on playing in Europe right away
I don’t think anybody is itching to go play internationally this year. Wait out Covid another year and secure your education further, no harm in that if it’s free.

Reactions: mikeyo
I read this as a positive. Doesn't seem like he is intent on playing in Europe right away
I'm wondering if Europe will have reopened to Americans and others by whenever their season would begin. That seems like a pretty shaky career path at the moment, unlike in the past when players - men and women - could go, play the game they love, earn some money, and have a great living and learning experience in Europe. Hopefully, that moment will come again but not right now.

Finding out what he needs to improve on so he can be in a better position to be drafted in 2022.
Declare for this year's ( 2021) NBA draft ,but retain eligibility to return to school.
Get evaluated by NBA teams and know what you need to do to be drafted in 2022.
Smart move by Geo , the same goes for RHJ.

Finding out what he needs to improve on so he can be in a better position to be drafted in 2022.
Declare for this year's ( 2021) NBA draft ,but retain eligibility to return to school.
Get evaluated by NBA teams and know what you need to do to be drafted in 2022.
Smart move by Geo , the same goes for RHJ.

This is the same as Garza declaring last year.
It's just for show and post an IG picture.

2021 draft - projected to be undrafted
2022 draft - at best Geo could move up to late 2nd round projection but most likely be undrafted

Juniors/seniors generally don't "improve" their draft status by staying in school.

See Garza literally winning every POY award and having no impact on his draft status (still late 2nd round to undrafted)

Great sign. NBA will tell him and Ron what they need to work on. They will use this feedback to make themselves better over the summer which will help us. I just hope they don’t laugh at geo and actually give him good feedback

Reactions: rutger80
Ron's decision?What decision?

He's not getting drafted.
Neither is Geo.
Well he’s declared, so it would be a decision to come back, no? I agree that Ron has things to improve upon, but believe it or not his names been popping up on mock drafts recently

2022 draft - at best Geo could move up to late 2nd round projection but most likely be undrafted

Juniors/seniors generally don't "improve" their draft status by staying in school.

See Garza literally winning every POY award and having no impact on his draft status (still late 2nd round to undrafted)
You could be right.
But even if Geo can't or doesn't improve his NBA draft status by staying, he might improve enough by working on the weaknesses in his game to be looked at by the top tier Euro League Teams instead of being looked at as a better fit in lower level leagues.
Maybe even get better money from a Chinese team next year then would be offered now.

Less than zero chance either are drafted.

Reactions: NickRU714
Well he’s declared, so it would be a decision to come back, no? I agree that Ron has things to improve upon, but believe it or not his names been popping up on mock drafts recently

Harper decision far more important because he was Rutgers leading scorer.There are plenty players of his size and scoring ability in college ,overseas and semi pro leagues.i hope he doesn't wait until late June to make a decision.

Didn't the NCAA tell at least Ron Harper what he needed to work on last year? Do you think the message will be much different after this past season?

Geo and Ron will return. Just doing their due diligence.
Coach nonetheless has to restock from portal.

Agreed. So how does this work? If Ron/Geo don't get their names called on draft day they're back at RU? Having them both back makes me feel a lot better about next year.

Reactions: mikeyo
Didn't the NCAA tell at least Ron Harper what he needed to work on last year? Do you think the message will be much different after this past season?

Harper never declared for the draft last year. Therefore, no evaluation was given to him.

Agreed. So how does this work? If Ron/Geo don't get their names called on draft day they're back at RU? Having them both back makes me feel a lot better about next year.
no they go to pre draft camps/workouts and get evaluated on what they need to work on, maybe where they would be drafted. They still need to make a call to stay in draft or pull their name out before the actual draft.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
They will know way before Draft Day whether or not their names are being called

They will know way before Draft Day whether or not their names are being called

They know now.
Neither will be a 1st round pick/guaranteed contract.

If a player stays in the NBA draft on the minimal chance of being a 2nd round pick then they were done with college basketball altogether regardless of their NBA draft prospects.

Last edited:
Great sign. NBA will tell him and Ron what they need to work on. They will use this feedback to make themselves better over the summer which will help us. I just hope they don’t laugh at geo and actually give him good feedback
"I hope they don't laugh at Geo...." ??????

Really? What an unneccasarily douchebaggy thing to say!

I mean the chances of him getting drafted are about the chances of me winning the next power ball ... So it does seem like that is a good thing (as opposed to him entering the portal)
If you buy one powerball ticket , your chances would be better

Why is Myles not declaring for the NBA draft? He would be a first round pick based on his defensive play.

Some of the worse fans around are on this board.

Any school's fans would be happy that their school (Rutgers) finally has players that could be NBA caliber, even if they are very Long Shots.

Not some fans here. They can't even hope for the best. What a miserable bunch of losers.

Garza is late 2nd rnd/possible undrafted? I find that surprising.

Why is Myles not declaring for the NBA draft? He would be a first round pick based on his defensive play.
I can't with this board.
I really can't.

He wouldn't "be a first round pick".
He would be at best a late 2nd round pick - most likely undrafted.
Same as RHJ and Geo.

That is why Myles isn't declaring for the NBA draft.

Reactions: Mr Magoo

Why?
It's not suprising at all actually.

He "declared" last year and withdrew because he was a late 2nd round/undrafted.

When he "declares" this year, it'll be the same.

His only skill that transfers is his three point shooting ability. Besides that, he is pretty poor at all the things NBA teams look for in a big nowadays. I honestly think teams would rather draft Myles than Luka.

Reactions: NickRU714
Some of the worse fans around are on this board.

Any school's fans would be happy that their school (Rutgers) finally has players that could be NBA caliber, even if they are very Long Shots.

Not some fans here. They can't even hope for the best. What a miserable bunch of losers.

Ha.
Actually some of the least knowledgeable NBA fans are on this board.
See the above posts about Garza and Myles.

What's the saying?
"Don't piss of my leg and tell me it's raining."
There is zero chance RHJ and Geo stay in the draft.

Sorry for bursting the bubble with actual NBA draft information.

A guy who shot 30% from 3 each of the past 2 years and plays 30MPG and barely averages 10.0 PPG thinks he is remotely close to NBA material?

i shot 79 today. I am going to Q school and see if I can get my card.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT