ADVERTISEMENT

Geo message to the fans

I’m going to apply to be a moderator for this message board. Just so I can finally GET RID OF these stupid trolls that are Seton Hall and PSU fans like AshCatchem and “RutgersNo1” CLEAR OBVIOUS TROLLS THAT GOES AGAINST THE BOARD RULES BUT YET NO BAN AND TROLL PEOPLE TURN HAPPY THREADS INTO SAD THREADS YET THE MODERATORS DO NOTHING FOR US

Geo was part of these last 3 seasons which were probably my favorite team in sports that I have ever followed. Following the turnaround from the dumpsterfire that Pike took over to what we have seen has been so incredible and fun to watch. When Geo came in and showed the balls and confidence to make plays in MSG, he gave us Rutgers fans hope for the future and helped the Harper Caleb Mathis class commit.

These were extremely special years. There was an added level of excitement and feeling of accomplishment after waiting fo long for Rutgers basketball to be good again. Geo hit so many big shots and is a well spoken likable kid who vastly outperformed his recruiting ranking

Geo's big time dunk over Indiana was one of my favorite sports plays of all time

I want more, but it is over. Cherish the memories. Hope to see Geo stay close with the program and wish him nothing but the best of luck.

I don't think this is the thread to point out short comings as some have classlessly chosen to do. Nor do I think this is the thread to debate retiring his jersey. Let's just say Pike shouldn't allow anyone to wear 0, 22, or 24 any time soon

I’m going to apply to be a moderator for this message board. Just so I can finally GET RID OF these stupid trolls that are Seton Hall and PSU fans like AshCatchem and “RutgersNo1” CLEAR OBVIOUS TROLLS THAT GOES AGAINST THE BOARD RULES BUT YET NO BAN AND TROLL PEOPLE TURN HAPPY THREADS INTO SAD THREADS YET THE MODERATORS DO NOTHING FOR US
Well we modded the guy who obsessively rated threads back in the day so.. yeah..

Geo was part of these last 3 seasons which were probably my favorite team in sports that I have ever followed. Following the turnaround from the dumpsterfire that Pike took over to what we have seen has been so incredible and fun to watch. When Geo came in and showed the balls and confidence to make plays in MSG, he gave us Rutgers fans hope for the future and helped the Harper Caleb Mathis class commit.

These were extremely special years. There was an added level of excitement and feeling of accomplishment after waiting fo long for Rutgers basketball to be good again. Geo hit so many big shots and is a well spoken likable kid who vastly outperformed his recruiting ranking

Geo's big time dunk over Indiana was one of my favorite sports plays of all time

I want more, but it is over. Cherish the memories. Hope to see Geo stay close with the program and wish him nothing but the best of luck.

I don't think this is the thread to point out short comings as some have classlessly chosen to do. Nor do I think this is the thread to debate retiring his jersey. Let's just say Pike shouldn't allow anyone to wear 0, 22, or 24 any time soon

Wish they could read the room. We’re all bummed about the loss, but it’s mostly just sadness to know that was the last time we will see the 3 of them suit up in scarlet together. I was an early 00’s graduate and all we got for basketball were losses and good players like Dahntay and Billett transferring to better situations, so we never bothered to care or invest any emotion in basketball.

I started watching these guys casually since it was something to do when traveling for work…to never missing a game… to season tickets….to flying out to Ohio for one of the most amazing and heartbreaking experiences of my life (even more heartbreaking was to see Jr emerge from locker room, sobbing in his parents arms).

The fact that these young men are all class, represented my university with such grace and Im comfortable with my son and his friends all looking up to Geo, Ron and Caleb is icing on the cake. These are our guys.

A lot of people wonder why I am a Rutgers fan. The easy answer is because I am Rutgers. Fan since 75. The only school I applied to. Been rooting forever and will never change.
Read Geo’s statement. He IS Rutgers and will never change. He changed the way we think about Rutgers as basketball fans along with Pike, Caleb and Ron. They have made the biggest impact on RU hoops since Phil Sellers and deserve to be honored. He deserves to be honored. I love these guys.

So a good player comes in and gets he's number retired just for being above average? There are better players at other schools not getting their numbers retired. Let's not cheapen it.
Ah yes so much history to cheapen the last 35 years. 😆😆

Just because I don’t think #0 should be retired, I’m a troll and PSU/SHU fan?

How do you apply for moderator lol

Just because I don’t think #0 should be retired, I’m a troll and PSU/SHU fan?

You're better off being thought a troll than the dunce who is unable to read a situation and makes a fool of himself at retirement tributes immediately after an emotional loss and a heartfelt note to the fans.

Reactions: fluoxetine
You're better off being thought a troll than the dunce who is unable to read a situation and makes a fool of himself at retirement tributes immediately after an emotional loss and a heartfelt note to the fans.
Oh who started this? I’ll keep quiet as long as you guys stop this retiring #0 BS.

Oh who started this? I’ll keep quiet as long as you guys stop this retiring #0 BS.

Fans are paying a tribute and waxing poetic about Baker for his years here in a somewhat emotional thread and based on his emotional written thank you. You considering this as someone "starting something" says a lot. Maybe there's a funeral out there today you can find to heckle during the eulogy?

Fans are paying a tribute and waxing poetic about Baker for his years here in a somewhat emotional thread and based on his emotional written thank you. You considering this as someone "starting something" says a lot. Maybe there's a funeral out there today you can find to heckle during the eulogy?
You certainly don't have to say things like "#0 to the rafters".

I guess a good fan doesn’t need to be realistic.
I’ve posted multiple times that I love Geo, but he should not have his number retired. But these threads don’t make me sick. If that makes you sick, your life must be a constant drag.

I’ve posted multiple times that I love Geo, but he should not have his number retired. But these threads don’t make me sick. If that makes you sick, your life must be a constant drag.
This lol, why not just say “I don’t think his number should be retired”. “It makes me sick” is just a bizarre bizarre thing to say on this subject.

This lol, why not just say “I don’t think his number should be retired”. “It makes me sick” is just a bizarre bizarre thing to say on this subject.
Of course it’s okay for crazy Pike/Geo fans to call others “troll”, “Seton Hall fan”, “PSU fans”.

Of course it’s okay for crazy Pike/Geo fans to call others “troll”, “Seton Hall fan”, “PSU fans”.
Define “okay”. It’s… not very nice I guess. It’s not bizarre in the same way that claiming a conversation about retiring the number of a basketball player “makes you sick” though.

Geo is all class. Some Rutgers fans could learn a little from him. He may not have all the accolades of a top flight star but he has been the leader and captain of the RU hoops ship. A Rutgers man who seems destined for great things. All the best to him in his future endeavors.

Geo's big time dunk over Indiana was one of my favorite sports plays of all time.💥💥💥💥💥

Every game since I looked for him to do it again. #All-timeRUHighlightReel

Reactions: Scangg
I'm not. I'm just being objective.
Being objective would be saying you don’t think Geo should have his number retired. Saying the thought of it makes you sick isn’t being objective, it’s just a really odd thing to say.

Being objective would be saying you don’t think Geo should have his number retired. Saying the thought of it makes you sick isn’t being objective, it’s just a really odd thing to say.
I didn’t say the “sick” part about crazy Geo fans is being objective.
I’m being objective about Geo.

Geo, Rutgers sports fan since 1976 and season ticketholder since 1983. Thank you for choosing Rutgers and a lot of great memories. At some point, I really hope you become part of the Rutgers staff. Best of luck in your personal and career future. God Bless

• Love
Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT