ADVERTISEMENT

Geo must sit

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
This thread may not age well, and I hope it doesn’t, but at THIS point, he is getting burned on D, turnovers, and can’t shoot. If he was a QB he would be benched,

I feel as if the transition must begin now. He hasn’t brought a thing for a while.

It’s unfortunate but you’re right. He’s not healthy and is sulking a bit on top of it, which is understandable given how frustrated he must feel but he’s not helping his team. Pikiell is trying to ride with him because of all he’s meant to the team but it’s ugly right now.

This post is dead on. He’s not right. He’s not moving well, he can’t slash he can’t run. And it is affecting the whole team. He doesn’t need to be guarded. Maybe it is the ankle. If so, then he def shouldnt be playing.

Reactions: shields
either way, Pike is throwing the season by not playing the better players. I get he hopes that some will come back....but its over already

Geo's 3 point shooting percentage has gone done every year since he has been here. How is that possible?

He looks disinterested out there too, doesn’t he? He was way more vocal and emotional in years past. But he is def moving slow. Playing in slow motion. Sulking too.

Geo has been overrated bc of his clutchness. Those huge shots are memorable and amazing but he needs to do more outside game winners. He gets burned on D and has shot poorly from 3 his whole career. Thought he would take a jump the last 2 years in his shooting and it just hasn't happened unfortunately

Reactions: Rutgers25
Geo has been overrated bc of his clutchness. Those huge shots are memorable and amazing but he needs to do more outside game winners. He gets burned on D and has shot poorly from 3 his whole career. Thought he would take a jump the last 2 years in his shooting and it just hasn't happened unfortunately

I'll love him forever because of what he did in the Purdue game last season, and out of respect for that, I won't continue with sentence with a "but."

This thread may not age well, and I hope it doesn’t, but at THIS point, he is getting burned on D, turnovers, and can’t shoot. If he was a QB he would be benched,

I feel as if the transition must begin now. He hasn’t brought a thing for a while.

I made this thread last year than he hit like three game winners in a row.

The simplest thing with Geo this year is he is not giving us the +average offense to make up for his defense and it’s killing us because our guards off the bench can’t create their own jump shots.

do not know what to do with Geo. I love the kid but he doesnt have it this year. If he is injured he should not play as much. However perhaps as I said in the JY thread, we need more with Geo running the show at the beginning of games with JY off the bench as the 6th man. I saw better signs of Geo in that run although his defense is still subpar. Sometimes you lean on the captain in times of trouble where your backs are absolutely against the wall as it is right now.

He’s not driving to the hoop nearly as much. Plain and simple. There were a few times today where I felt like he could’ve/should’ve driven downhill to the basket. Settling too much for jump shots. If you don’t drive, you don’t get respect for that step back. Maybe injury? If so, he needs to properly heal up first.

do not know what to do with Geo. I love the kid but he doesnt have it this year. If he is injured he should not play as much. However perhaps as I said in the JY thread, we need more with Geo running the show at the beginning of games with JY off the bench as the 6th man. I saw better signs of Geo in that run although his defense is still subpar. Sometimes you lean on the captain in times of trouble where your backs are absolutely against the wall as it is right now.
I've been waiting for his senior leadership for a few games now. Waiting for him to rally the team or put the team on his back. Just not happening... a brief sign at one point this game and maybe he can build off that but this stretch is when we really could have used Geo to step up and he has been MIA sadly

Geo's D is killing us. All the while he has played the second most minutes on the team in conference play and has the 10th worst eFG behind only Caleb (who has played 77 minutes in the first 4 losses of the losing streak) and Reiber (who has barely played).

His leash is undeniably too long.

He had one nice open drive last night when he got a pick up high, said to my kids that it looked like the Geo of old, but otherwise agree with everything here. Doesn’t have the same pop, isn’t moving well and body language and complaining stinks. My guess is that he’s hurt for the first two, but the third is not a good look. If he his hurt he needs limited minutes and needs to buck up and become an emotional leader.

Wasn't the excuse for last year's poor shooting and D was because he was hurt?

I made this thread last year than he hit like three game winners in a row.

The simplest thing with Geo this year is he is not giving us the +average offense to make up for his defense and it’s killing us because our guards off the bench can’t create their own jump shots.
Geo's D is killing us. All the while he has played the second most minutes on the team in conference play and has the 10th worst eFG behind only Caleb (who has played 77 minutes in the first 4 losses of the losing streak) and Reiber (who has barely played).

His leash is undeniably too long.

Literally got above average OFFENSE from Geo for first time in a while.

Total perimeter defense was awful (interior D amazing from Myles).

A good example of Pike needing to realize offense is what matters for this team to be successful.

@Tango Two

For those of you who ripped Geo, today he was back at his normal position at point guard. He played outstanding today with four threes, 19 points and 5 assists and only one turnover.

For those of you who ripped Geo, today he was back at his normal position at point guard. He played outstanding today with four threes, 19 points and 5 assists and only one turnover.

Geo ripping was hand in hand with Pike ripping

It looked like Geo realized during the PSU game that stepback 15 footers are no longer a good use of a possession. I think we saw that continue into this game, shot selection was a lot better and he looked for more of the typical efficient looks: confident 3s without a song and dance, and drives to the hoop. His shot selection was just one of several things plaguing the offense, but that's what you hope for from your captain, to be the first guy who figures out what he has to do differently.

Reactions: RUfubar and SBP

It didn't age well, but I know you bleed scarlet. Let's go get some more wins...

Reactions: SBP
Saying a guy needs to sit doesn’t have to mean he’s benched permanently. A good player will benefit many times from sitting and reassessing their game. Mathis is another example where RU is clearly better if he can get his game back on track but he needed to find the bench a little with his play of late. I wouldn’t bury him on the bench, we need him. He just needs to stop with the selfish play of late.

Reactions: SBP
listen no ones takes have aged well if you compare them to the last few weeks. Hopefully this team is prepared to put forth these kind of efforts going forward

ADVERTISEMENT