ADVERTISEMENT

Geoff Brown and Janine Purcaro Released from Duties in Athletic Department

Okay...now tell me why I should be happy/not happy about this?

Geoff Brown serves as the Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Marketing Officer at Rutgers Athletics. In his role with Rutgers, Brown manages and supervises the external operations related to revenue generation within the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This includes any and all revenue-related functions of the departments, ticketing and marketing. In addition to these duties, Brown is responsible for oversight of concessions, merchandise and special events

According to his Bio he was in charge of concessions...is that enough reason to celebrate?

Last edited:
NO. Brown as in the man responsible for the lame circus acts you see during time outs at basketball games. What works in single A baseball doesn't translate to a college athletic atmosphere.
When the product on the court/field is minor league what do you expect.

Move along, nothing to see here. We wish them well in their future endeavors.

Disagree. They were fired for a reason. I've worked a bit with Geoff on a few things in the past and it sucks to hear this.

Reactions: RU22
Disagree. They were fired for a reason. I've worked a bit with Geoff on a few things in the past and it sucks to hear this.
Oh, yeah, I don't doubt either one of your statements. Typically, they're often both true. Sometimes, the reason sucks, sometimes the person shot themselves in the foot, sometimes a change is made just because. My very first job, they were laying off salesmen left and right, so every two weeks or so, we'd get a memo that "so-and-so is no longer with the firm, we wish them well in their future endeavors." Typical corporate crap. This is going to happen. Change at the top trickles down. I've seen so much of it over the years, I just can't put any effort into speculating anymore. My thought was more along the lines of "here we go again" but not necessarily in a Rutgers context, just in general...

Ummm ...Greg Brown is the CEO of Motorola..a RU grad..big money guy..
was or is head of BOG..all athletic department big moves go thru him..
Board of Governors Membership Listing
2016–2017

Greg Brown, Chair

Ummm ...Greg Brown is the CEO of Motorola..a RU grad..big money guy..
was or is head of BOG..all athletic department big moves go thru him..
Board of Governors Membership Listing
2016–2017

Greg Brown, Chair

Which has nothing to do with this.

Reactions: rutgers48
There's a reason they were let go but probably negotiated a deal with Hobbs to not divulge the reasons for dismissal.

Interesting - they were on board since 2013 & 2011 - these were clearly not "Hobbs selected" people - now that does not mean that there automatically would be friction - but it would be a question - plus it is just over a year since Hobb's start - he could have laid out what he wanted and not gotten close to what he requested - - and / or it could be that this lines up with normal annual review time & things did not go well.

Geoff Brown

Senior Associate Athletic Director & Chief Marketing Officer- Rutgers University
2013 – Present (4 years)

Janine Purcaro
Chief Financial Officer - Intercollegiate Athletics-Rutgers University
September 2011 – Present (5 years 5 months)

Which has nothing to do with this.
appears people above have him confused with the fired guy,so yes it does have to do with this thread.

MADHAT1 said:
(>Brown's a big donor and an Athletic Department insider<)
wrong Brown RU Screwed notified me donor is Greg Brown
Greg Brown is a little more than a donor or athletic insider. He is Chairman of the Board of Governors. That makes him Barchi's (and Hobbs') boss.

http://governingboards.rutgers.edu/board-governors/board-governors-membership-listing

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this. I've worked with Geoff on a number of things & have found him to be eager, receptive & willing to work on any issue presented.

@Block R GEOFF Brown is the person who was let go. GREG Brown is the Motorola guy/chairman of the board. Two very different people.

Reactions: 17Q66
I'm a bit disappointed to hear this. I've worked with Geoff on a number of things & have found him to be eager, receptive & willing to work on any issue presented.

Completely agree with you. I know him personally and there has been more than 1 occasion with NJHS football championship games the RU police/parking staff have been completely idiotic in dealing with HS fb coaches. I brought it to his attention & he rectified it. Agree too he was/is a very receptive person dealing with tailgating, stadium, anything RU issues. Im sorry to see him go.

Please tell me this is not a serious question.
1383848317_man_jumps_off_boat_after_marlin_jumps_in.gif

You're the guy in gray.

ADVERTISEMENT