ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia’s Andrew Garcia in transfer portal

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Ex-Stony Brook, then Georgia. Bergenfield NJ’s Andrew Garcia (6’6”, 225) in transfer portal.

I see Andrew played PF out of position to help Georgia. I am wondering if he was recruited to Stony Brook by Steve Pikiell as he entered Stony Brook as a freshman in September 2016 but he played very little as he had a knee injury and was recovering from surgery. He shot 54 % for Georgia on field goals which was a higher percentage than what he shot at Stony Brook. I am not saying we should or should not consider him. I am just pointing out some information.

Last edited:
There are all kinds of ways to play the game, as Houston recently demonstrated to us.

“All different kinds of ways to play the game”??
What does that even mean.
The coaching staff hasn’t changed.

Maybe we play zone as primary defense next year? Syracuse has demonstrated you can do that.

To the player at hand - if he was out of position as a 6’6” PF then not sure the fit here.

We already have our own 6’6” PF playing out of position (Harper).
Need players to move Harper out of PF and more to the wing.

Reactions: RUJMM78
If it helps, he was the only player of Georgia's 7 man rotation that was a net positive on the floor, +58 in almost 800 offensive and defensive possessions off the bench. He is rated slight above players like Jordan Brown and Quincy Guerrier. Off and Def Efficiency margin was +9.3 when he was on the floor. He played 2 years behind Akwasi Yeboah, and had his best year (13.4pts, 6.7 rebs) after Akwasi came here. He follows both AK and Aundre Hyatt. It is a good fit.

Other 6 Georgia main rotational players were -27, -28, -41, -43, -57, -111, Georgia outscored by 13 points(-13) for 2020-21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT