ADVERTISEMENT

Gettys Playing Pro Ball in the UK

Anyone on this board been to a basketball game in the UK? I really would like to know if they have chants as good as they do in football (soccer)?

I thought he was going to be playing in Finland.....or so I thought I had heard......well both countries end in "land".....Congrats to CJ...great kid and very intelligent as well...

Congrats to CJ.

1024 - Not been to a British basketball game but have attended rugby matches and they chant like they do for soccer. Cheshire is close to Manchester so that area has some really solid sports fans.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Anyone on this board been to a basketball game in the UK? I really would like to know if they have chants as good as they do in football (soccer)?

It is pretty minor sport there. It is a good first job for Getty's. An easy place to transition Hopefully, he moves up to a higher league each season.

Will have to find a site to follow his exploits. The one site I liked for overseas basketball went from free to premium prices a few years back.
TL

How much in salary does a player make there? You

I think an educated guess is 40 to 45K free housing and possibly a limited meal plan (5 dinners per week). These guys get paid untaxed money. So it is good deal for entry level job.

Looks like CJ is still very welcome at the Rac. He was at practice today helping out with some of the Bigs drills according to Snapchat

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT