ADVERTISEMENT

Gio's and Billy Taylor's Moms School Idiotic Fan

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
On the Facebook Rutgers Football Group, a fan posted this (Maybe we could make Mrs. Rescigno and Mrs. Taylor Co-Chiefs of the Troll Police) :

"Fan" Comment:

Tom Suleski College football is all about thug kids pretending to be scholars. Not one person on this team would have gotten into Rugters based on grades. I know for a fact that even Princeton brings in non-scholars to occupy sports positions. This is not a Rutger's issue, it is a national problem. Everyone "in the know" about college athletics has known this for years.

Gio's Mom Responds:

Lisa Marie Rescigno Your statement that "not one person on this team would have gotten into Rutgers based on grades" is absolutely not true! My son held a very honorable GPA in high school, as well as scoring a 27 on his SAT.
I know for a fact there have been many very intelligent players on this team, that i have known personally, since my son has played here. The misjudgment and actions of some does not represent the team as a whole. FACT

Billy Taylor's Mom Responds:

Patty Bauk-Taylor Ok, Tom Suleski, I never comment on these type of things but I feel I need to chime in also. My son is first and foremost not a thug. In high school, he had a 3.8 GPA. He got into Rutgers Business School and currently holds the 2nd highest GPA on the team, somewhere around a 3.75. Maybe you should do YOUR homework and think twice before posting a "blanket statement". You should also keep in mind that you are making false statements about someone's son - pretty sure you wouldn't like it either!

-----------------

Anti-sports people are so dumb. Good for the moms to speak up with the truth.

Last edited:
The haters will always take the opportunity to make their foolish "blanket statements". Nice job moms.

Facebook is what is wrong with America.
Facebook was a cesspool prior to the Trump dynamic, now, I can't even find words to describe how bad it is. I am proudly absent from all social media.

It’s really the internet in general. It allows people to say things they would never say in front of other people. Before, you always had the risk of getting your ass beat with comments like that.

Facebook was a cesspool prior to the Trump dynamic, now, I can't even find words to describe how bad it is. I am proudly absent from all social media (wife has an account to share photos and family stuff with a small'ish group of friends).
You sound like my twin. This site is my only social media platform. Anybody else here not own a cell phone?

Facebook was a cesspool prior to the Trump dynamic, now, I can't even find words to describe how bad it is. I am proudly absent from all social media (wife has an account to share photos and family stuff with a small'ish group of friends).

I killed my FB account a few months ago. Two things are true:

1. I don't miss the idiocy.
2. Not one single person with whom I was "Facebook Friends" subsequently reached out in any way.

This, I believe, demonstrates the value of such things. It's a platform designed primarily to enable attention-seeking.

2. Not one single person with whom I was "Facebook Friends" subsequently reached out in any way.

This, I believe, demonstrates the value of such things. It's a platform designed primarily to enable attention-seeking.
Can't argue with any of this. Social media is serving as a catalyst for the decay of society.

Reactions: goru1869

I never signed up for any of the social media platforms. Two factors led to this. The first was a company I interviewed with way back in the early days of e-commerce, they were already building tracking technology based off of a person's web interactions. Their toolset was incredibly primitive based on what's available now, but they were still able to capture a ton of information and identify users with what little they had. The second reason was that when Facebook came out, a couple of former RU band members joined and immediately became stalkers because that was all they did with their lives. Some other former band member would log on, and immediately they would be engaging them in conversation.

I've got an article linked at work which I'll post later from work, but it shows how incredibly interlinked Facebook is with all these other technologies and demonstrates the scary ability people have to find out everything about you by following the trail of your web activity.

That show was pure brilliance. Cobra Kai better win an Emmy. Season 2 with Kreese back is going to be even more epic.
Season 1 was amazing! So happy it was renewed and I bet it will be around for quite a while. The show is a must watch.

Reactions: bigmatt718

The Joan Jett song Fake Friends is a perfect description of Facebook friends .

Losin' friends, losin' friends
You got nothin' to lose
You don't lose when you lose fake friends

I never signed up for any of the social media platforms. Two factors led to this. The first was a company I interviewed with way back in the early days of e-commerce, they were already building tracking technology based off of a person's web interactions. Their toolset was incredibly primitive based on what's available now, but they were still able to capture a ton of information and identify users with what little they had. The second reason was that when Facebook came out, a couple of former RU band members joined and immediately became stalkers because that was all they did with their lives. Some other former band member would log on, and immediately they would be engaging them in conversation.

I've got an article linked at work which I'll post later from work, but it shows how incredibly interlinked Facebook is with all these other technologies and demonstrates the scary ability people have to find out everything about you by following the trail of your web activity.

Former band geeks now nerdy stalkers? Who'da thunk?

Reactions: bigmatt718
Wow. Must be a bunch of oldies like me here. Only thin I use is texting and phone with family. Agree 1000 % on social media' s negative effect on our civilization. And do you notice it' s mostly women and kids (people must in need of social approbation) that waste their time on the stuff. After 20 years I' m only a junior on this site. Internet doesn' t consume me.

All of social media is a cesspool.
Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit are the worse with Youtube gaining speed.

It is best to avoid or limit your use of these for your own sanity.

Not to mention, I think it is the biggest factor in the spread of depression, and overall demise of confidence and mental health of today's youth.

Not to mention, I think it is the biggest factor in the spread of depression, and overall demise of confidence and mental health of today's youth.
If you mean social media in general, I agree.

But the kids have moved on from Facebook. It’s looked at as a MySpace thing now

If you mean social media in general, I agree.

But the kids have moved on from Facebook. It’s looked at as a MySpace thing now
Yup, I meant social media in general, and its mostly SnapChat and Instagram these days.

I think someday soon we will look back on the "Like Button" as the bane of human existence.

Yup, I meant social media in general, and its mostly SnapChat and Instagram these days.

I think someday soon we will look back on the "Like Button" as the bane of human existence.
I'm not posting here anymore until someone verifies my self-worth with a like.

Reactions: RW90 and hoquat63
I've taken to reporting comments like those as spam. Not sure who this Tom Suleski is but I've seen a ton of clearly fake profiles on Facebook and I just report them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT