ADVERTISEMENT

Giovanni Rescigno --Live 12 Noon Saturday 5/8 (Link in Last Post)

Good for him!

I'll never forget a cold and drizzly night in East Lansing when he got the start. It was miserable (season & weather) and had to be the lowest road turnout for a RU game since at least the Terry Shea days. (Yes - went to many of those also).

By far the biggest section wearing red was several dozen of what turned out to be Gio's friends and family. They got to see the kid put on a nice performance.
I used to go to a couple of away games every year during the Schiano era and the first few years of Flood's tenure, but haven't been to an away game for year now. That will change this season. Nothing quite like being in the visiting section for a big road win, especially near the end of a game that's out of reach, when all the "home" fans are gone and the RU section is making all the noise in the stadium. Want to relive that...

Reactions: redking
I used to go to a couple of away games every year during the Schiano era and the first few years of Flood's tenure, but haven't been to an away game for year now. That will change this season. Nothing quite like being in the visiting section for a big road win, especially near the end of a game that's out of reach, when all the "home" fans are gone and the RU section is making all the noise in the stadium. Want to relive that...
so true!!!

some of our best trips ever were away games (Arkansas, Seattle (WSU)* - and, of course, the bowl games)....

While I loved going to Lincoln (still my fav. away-game fan base).... that was the last road game I could take........ I look forward to getting back!!

*was at the first Ash game in Seattle vs UWash... it sunk in at that moment... something was very very wrong.... UW was a great ranked team... but, we should not have been as horrible as we looked.....

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT