ADVERTISEMENT

Give me Mike Williams, Corey Sanders, and Deshawn Freeman

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Over anyone on this squad besides JY. Just a bunch of whiners and sulkers. No heart. No confidence. Opposite of Schiano’s “keep chopping” ... I had a way more enjoyable experience watching the football team go 3-6 than watching this group. I hope they prove me wrong here soon but where is the fight, the drive, the will to win.

You are what your record shows in league rankings and the trend is heading in the wrong direction for Rutgers.Rutgers was a overachieving team last year inspired by sellout crowds at the RAC.This season started off with Rutgers scoring more points than usually has been the case .The team then experienced a series of injuries to key players which has resulted in offensive futility.There is no cohesion and no go to scorers .Young is the only player that has shown some consistency throughout the season.The team had a week to prepare for this game and there was no noticeable improvement on offense.Its not surprising that fans are upset.We thought this team really deserved all the positive media attention and national ranking.Playing in the B1G there is a very small margin for error.Utter futility on offense will result in a long losing streak.

Over anyone on this squad besides JY. Just a bunch of whiners and sulkers. No heart. No confidence. Opposite of Schiano’s “keep chopping” ... I had a way more enjoyable experience watching the football team go 3-6 than watching this group. I hope they prove me wrong here soon but where is the fight, the drive, the will to win.

what is wrong with you! You need to take a break for 24 hours. Way too emotional.
You need to go back and watch the average B1G game with Freeman and Sanders.

"I know this is the most talented team Rutgers has had in decades, but give me these guys who suck but show more emotion instead."

Here, watch those guys get destroyed by Dan Dakich's kid at your heart's content:

Silly post. Agree it hasn't been pretty, but as soon as you said you're longing for "The chucker" Freeman, I couldn't take this seriously.

agree with you. Freeman was opposite of a team player if I ever saw one. However, Pike was afraid to coach him for some reason and he was allowed to do anything he wanted without any repurcussions.

What does the winner of the "worst reaction post" contest get? Must be something good because there an awful lot of bad posts going around.

There seems to be a group of posters that are wagging their finger at those concerned about the team losing 5 of 6 and in freefall. Its rather odd

Look i will be bac on board when this team proves it to me but not until. Right now they lost the goodwill and benefit of the doubt from last year and early season. That's gone

what is wrong with you! You need to take a break for 24 hours. Way too emotional.
You need to go back and watch the average B1G game with Freeman and Sanders.
Correct. In so many of those B1G games in that era we had ZERO
chance to win before the games even started

Reactions: HeavenUniv.

This might be the worst post of the year

Questioning their fight, drive and will to win?

Are you F***ing kidding me???

It’s the type of stuff that you or anyone would not have the balls to say to the team or coaches directly ...but can cowardly and safely say Behind a keyboard.

Dude....go find a different way to be disappointment. Be disappointed with the results

But questioning their fight, drive and will to win ?

Beyond offbase

agree with you. Freeman was opposite of a team player if I ever saw one. However, Pike was afraid to coach him for some reason and he was allowed to do anything he wanted without any repurcussions.
Pike had no other options when Freeman was here. Pike has said many times he had like 3 P5 caliber players when he first got here.

Pike had no other options when Freeman was here. Pike has said many times he had like 3 P5 caliber players when he first got here.
You always have options, however. When you force up shot after shot and eat each one, you can lose a team if you don’t do something about it.

There seems to be a group of posters that are wagging their finger at those concerned about the team losing 5 of 6 and in freefall. Its rather odd

Look i will be bac on board when this team proves it to me but not until. Right now they lost the goodwill and benefit of the doubt from last year and early season. That's gone

Yeah I'm just taking the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" approach.

Not exactly. Freeman was riding the pines a lot and not starting in a few games his last year. There was no explanation from Pike, but he obviously was not "afraid to coach him" if he was willing to bench him.

Last edited:
Not exactly. Freeman was riding the pines a lot and not starting in a few games his last year. There was no explanation from Pike, but obviously was not "afraid to coach him" if was willing to bench him.

perhaps. We will disagree here that he should have been benched more. I remember him killing the offense at times with terrible shots and occasionally being allowed to lead the fast break which almost always led to turnovers.

Mike Williams was a worse shooter than Geo is, Freeman was a bigger black hole than anyone on our team, and Jacob is a better version of Corey Sanders

B1G Standings
1) Michigan 6-1
2) Iowa 5-1 1 Loss
3) Wisconsin 5-2 1 Loss
4) OSU 5-3 2 Losses
11) MSU 2-4 1 Loss

Right now, 4 of 5 losses were against 3 of the 4 best teams in conference, the 6th hardest schedule in the country. 7 games against the top 40 NET(3-4)
MSU is a matchup nightmare and a result of OSU and Iowa losses
We were lucky and got spoiled not to have an off night all of 2019-20 and MSU was the right team/place/time of RU things going wrong.
Is 11-4 Minnesota 18 pts better than 11-1 Michigan?
Is 11-2 Texas 25 pts better than 10-3 Kansas?

The final 12 games is a little less challenging but you can't sleep on anyone, 1 against Michigan, 2nd @ Iowa, 2nd vs MSU, and 2 against Minnesota. If we can just get healthy and reestablish the roles on team, we can get back to how good we looked in the beginning of the year. We have PSU, Indiana, MSU and NW to figure things out until the first Minnesota game.

Jacob bottomed @MSU, got healthy last 2 games.
Geo showed life against Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin,
Mathis is going through something last 3 games.
Ron hit bottom against Wisconsin
It will take a few games for Cliff to get back in flow.
McConnell has knocked off the rust.
Still have Paul and Myles, adding Jaden Jones offensive ability,size,rebounding.
Will Reiber, Palmquist or Mag factor?
Can Pike bring it back together?
All valid that need to he figured out before Thursday.

How did you feel about them last year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT