ADVERTISEMENT

Go Navy!

RUboston

All American
Sep 13, 2002
Now that RU's season is thankfully over, time to root for my second favorite team.

4-7 Navy meets 5-6 Army at 3 p.m. on Saturday. The records don't matter in this one. The Midshipmen "bombed" West Point this week. Dropped leaflets and ping pong balls from three Pipers.

Gotta love the triple option. Navy beat ranked UCF last game and attempted one pass.

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Reactions: zappaa
Now that RU's season is thankfully over, time to root for my second favorite team.

4-7 Navy meets 5-6 Army at 3 p.m. on Saturday. The records don't matter in this one. The Midshipmen "bombed" West Point this week. Dropped leaflets and ping pong balls from three Pipers.

Gotta love the triple option. Navy beat ranked UCF last game and attempted one pass.

Go Navy! Beat Army!
And it wasn’t boring

Reactions: RUboston
I look forward to this game more then any other sporting event. The lead up is different. The tailgate is way different. The events before kickoff are beyond breathtaking. Every single play seems to be the most important. The singing of their alma mater after the game pulls at your heart. However, at the end of the day what stands out the most is the respect of the players and fans towards each other. You will never experience all that at any event.
Go Navy, Beat Army!

In my earliest baby pics I'm wearing Army booties
Family members were/are Army and several went to USMA
This is the first year since the 90s I didn't go to a game
50+ players were involved in a recent cheating scanda -l and players were ODing on Fentanyl in FL.
I'm glad Monken got Army to relax a bit but now they are losing the plot

Last edited:
Reactions: newell138

Go Navy! Beat Army!
My cousin graduated from West Point...and passed away prematurely around 18 years ago.

He was born on Dec. 7th so it was almost pre-ordained that he'd go to West Point. As a championship swimmer, his backup school was RU.

Later was a Director or VP ? at Proctor and Gamble.... and had control over Oil of Oilay, Pampers.

Gotta root for Army....band of Knights!

MO

My cousin graduated from West Point...and passed away prematurely around 18 years ago.

He was born on Dec. 7th so it was almost pre-ordained that he'd go to West Point. As a championship swimmer, his backup school was RU.

Later was a Director or VP ? at Proctor and Gamble.... and had control over Oil of Oilay, Pampers.

Gotta root for Army....band of Knights!

MO
Sorry to hear about his early passing. Did he play any sports there. I'll be talking to a lot of former West Point men and women Saturday. It is just what happens pregame. What year was he?
But why do you equate Dec 7 with Army?

A fun rivalry
Navy Dropped 'Beat Army' Propaganda Ping-Pong Balls Over West Point | Military.com
>Just before midnight on Dec. 5, 2022, three Piper PA-28 Cherokee Warrior training aircraft embarked on a mission along New York's Hudson River. Their destination was the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

The flight crews made 12 delivery passes of ping-pong balls and leaflets that read "Beat Army" and "Fly Navy" before the 123rd Army-Navy Game. They called the mission "Operation Black Knight Falling."<
https://www.military.com/daily-news...opaganda-ping-pong-balls-over-west-point.html

Sorry to hear about his early passing. Did he play any sports there. I'll be talking to a lot of former West Point men and women Saturday. It is just what happens pregame. What year was he?
But why do you equate Dec 7 with Army?
His father and uncle were both officers in the Army (Lt. / Captain).

My dad tried for any branch that would take him....but his vision was so severely impacted (e.g. he seemed to wear coca cola thick glasses) that he and my mother worked during the war at the Brooklyn Shipyards. This was when Americans were able to unite (at least on paper) toward a common enemy / for the greater good.

MO

His father and uncle were both officers in the Army (Lt. / Captain).

My dad tried for any branch that would take him....but his vision was so severely impacted (e.g. he seemed to wear coca cola thick glasses) that he and my mother worked during the war at the Brooklyn Shipyards. This was when Americans were able to unite (at least on paper) toward a common enemy / for the greater good.

MO
Although I can see colors I could never pass the old color visual test of seeing a number in a circle of dots. I had the grades and the Senator's from NJ for both Navy and Coast Guard Academies. So I know what your dad went through. Frustrating

Although I can see colors I could never pass the old color visual test of seeing a number in a circle of dots. I had the grades and the Senator's from NJ for both Navy and Coast Guard Academies. So I know what your dad went through. Frustrating
He would have been 35 when Pearl Harbor occurred. His parents (my grandparents) and their youngest children (daughters) were exterminated in Treblinka, which was about 6 km from their home in Kosov Lacki Poland, in 1942.

MO

Reactions: WhiteBus
A fun rivalry
Navy Dropped 'Beat Army' Propaganda Ping-Pong Balls Over West Point | Military.com
>Just before midnight on Dec. 5, 2022, three Piper PA-28 Cherokee Warrior training aircraft embarked on a mission along New York's Hudson River. Their destination was the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.

The flight crews made 12 delivery passes of ping-pong balls and leaflets that read "Beat Army" and "Fly Navy" before the 123rd Army-Navy Game. They called the mission "Operation Black Knight Falling."<
https://www.military.com/daily-news...opaganda-ping-pong-balls-over-west-point.html

Army and Navy actually like each other for most part
Its AF that gets Army's blood pressure going up

MeUwzh8.gif

Its cuz they took the Army Air Corp and made it...

That's part of it
Army and Navy respect AF of course but they do see AF as outside the core legacy of the SAs
AF in return acts haughty because they beat Army and Navy so often.
But there was also some bad blood because Army thought some AF players were playing dirty.
Army's All America LB Stephen Anderson was lost for awhile because of a knee injury he said was from dirty hit vs AF

have 2 nephews who played for Navy but my brother graduated west point --i root for Army

Reactions: goru1869

Go Navy! Beat Army!
I recognize and Honor Zaps loyalty to Navy.SO, I am taking a page from his book BY supporting the KAYDETS.While YOGI was in the NAVY during WWII ,beaced was in the ARMY AIR CORPS. GO ARMY INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER!!!! (SUCH A LOOONG TIME AGO)

We are a house divided, nephew on wife's side Navy, nephew on my side Army, father-in-law retired Chair Force.(yes both nephews call it that)

We go to a couple Army games a year

Go Army, Beat Navy.

The game won't be back in Philly until 2027. Next year is at Gillette Stadium coinciding with the 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. 2024 is at FedEx Field in DC, 2025 in Baltimore and 2026 at Met Life.

Go Navy! Beat Army!
Jinx invoked and jinx wins.

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Oops

Don't like this decision at all. He's a great coach and a great person. Was lucky to meet him a few times. Navy beat ranked UCF and almost beat ND this year, despite it being an off season. He loved the USNA. They were 2-10 a few seasons ago and then 10-2 the next season. He would go to some of the home Navy baseball games and watch from over the right field fence. My son played right field for the Midshipmen and Coach Ken would pump up the team between innings.

ADVERTISEMENT