ADVERTISEMENT

Goals for Rutgers wrestler Anthony Ashnault? Only 4 National Championships

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Hanging on the walls inside the Rutgers wrestling room are banners illustrating the program's goals: "Rutgers Wrestling Wants All-Americans'' and "Rutgers Wrestling Wants NCAA Champions,'' to name two.

They're lofty goals, for sure, but Anthony Ashnault has another aspiration in mind. The Rutgers redshirt freshman 141-pounder dreams of winning an Olympics gold medal.

Goals for Rutgers wrestler Anthony Ashnault?

Agree but he isnt going to say my goal is 3 nat titles. It will be fun to watch.

Originally posted by Tango Two:

Hanging on the walls inside the Rutgers wrestling room are banners illustrating the program's goals: "Rutgers Wrestling Wants All-Americans'' and "Rutgers Wrestling Wants NCAA Champions,'' to name two.

They're lofty goals, for sure, but Anthony Ashnault has another aspiration in mind. The Rutgers redshirt freshman 141-pounder dreams of winning an Olympics gold medal.

Mission starts today!

If he can make it to the finals on ESPN in primetime and lose to Stieber then that's fine too....

Originally posted by RuSnp:

If he can make it to the finals on ESPN in primetime and lose to Stieber then that's fine too....
I was thinking the same thing.

There is no shame losing to Steiber in the finals if he gets there.

For those who don't know Steiber is this genreations best wrestler. He has lost 5 times in his career and is going for his 4th NCAA championship

Originally posted by demauroj:

Originally posted by RuSnp:

I was thinking the same thing.

There is no shame losing to Steiber in the finals if he gets there.

For those who don't know Steiber is this genreations best wrestler. He has lost 5 times in his career and is going for his 4th NCAA championship
How quickly we forget about Kyle Dake.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Beating Port would be a huge accomplishment. AA will have to wrestle his best match all year and get a favorable call or 2 to win this one.

If AA can get past Port he gets the #11 or #14 seed in the semi finals... cmon ant!!

ADVERTISEMENT