ADVERTISEMENT

Good story about Willard from Seton Hall.

Just a thought here, and I’m one of those long term season ticket holders and donors… the RAC and SHI can be a great atmosphere and provide a real home court advantage. But it must be loud and festive…. Yet I continue to hear, from many folks that fit my profile that it’s too loud, or I don’t like this or that music (just look at the football board today). One of the biggest complaints we hear concerns standing on third downs or down the stretch in close hoop games. 😳

We can’t have it both ways… complainers need to adjust to the reality that loud and festive is a good thing (adjust your thinking, embrace it, participate, or consider watching on TV). What is most important is that the players love it, the large majority of fans love it, and the opponents hate it.
As a recent grad who is probably one of the loudest people in the RAC at times, and who absolutely refuses to sit down; there is a major difference between excited crowd noise and ear piercing heavy metal played every 30 seconds for no particular reason. I LOVE when the RAC gets loud. I was covering my ears in pain at the football game on Saturday.

Anyone that was a student back in the late 80s/early 90s know that the RAC can be an unbelievable home court adavantage without technology.

Easier to be engaged and loud when you didn't have a computer in your pocket. Those days are gone.
I think you’re both right here.

When we’re good, it’s going to be loud. Because that’s just who we are.

But when we’re not…🤷‍♂️

I think we are agreeing more than disagreeing but part of that lameness was the product/results on court and field.

There needs to be a reason to get loud and get up.
I agree we agree 😉. Go RU!

I hate SHU basketball but think the rivalry is very important and should be maintained on a home and away basis. If he is being serious and wants to play on a neutral court then I say we drop it. Just because the SHU can’t generate a home court advantage like we do at the RAC.
Home and home makes it a rivalry.
Neutral site makes the game look more like a made for TV event and takes away a lot of the atmosphere and excitement playing on a teams home court does.
Can't see playing an in state rival at a neutral site and like you feel if Seton Hall don't want to play at the RAC, let Willard call the series off or have Hobbs tell the Seton Hall AD home and home or no games.

Reactions: gregkoko
Home and home makes it a rivalry.
Neutral site makes the game look more like a made for TV event and takes away a lot of the atmosphere and excitement playing on a teams home court does.
Can't see playing an in state rival at a neutral site and like you feel if Seton Hall don't want to play at the RAC, let Willard call the series off or have Hobbs tell the Seton Hall AD home and home or no games.
Not to mention, what "neutral site" would even be appropriate for a game between RU and SHU?

The Trenton arena? No freaking way - horrible venue for basketball.

Atlantic City Convention Center? Too damn far for fans of either school

MSG? I suppose that's possible, but it would detract from attendance and atmosphere. Besides, the "Boardwalk Classic" should NOT be played.... in New York City.

The game needs to be played at the respective schools' home courts.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Not to mention, what "neutral site" would even be appropriate for a game between RU and SHU?

The Trenton arena? No freaking way - horrible venue for basketball.

Atlantic City Convention Center? Too damn far for fans of either school

MSG? I suppose that's possible, but it would detract from attendance and atmosphere. Besides, the "Boardwalk Classic" should NOT be played.... in New York City.

The game needs to be played at the respective schools' home courts.

Clearly he was joking!

I’m pointing out there’s a viable neutral site, that’s all.
I agree with rejection of the notion
I will say I am totally on board with a Garden State tournament there where every NJ team plays…

RU
SHU
Princeton
Monmouth
NJIT
FDU
St. Peter’s
Rider

Did I forget anybody? I feel like someone is missing.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Should have told him you had a personal relationship with an elite recruit.

Would have offered you an assistant coach position on the spot.
giphy.gif

F*ck SHU.

Play at Prudential Center every year.
Give us 50% of the tickets - we'll sell out and completely overshadow them (on the court and in the stands)

ADVERTISEMENT