ADVERTISEMENT

Good stuff here

At halftime of the Thursday Showcase game between No. 6 Tennessee and No. 5 Notre Dame (ESPN, 7 p.m. ET), the NCAA Division I women's basketball committee will unveil its current top 16 teams in seed order, as well as the top four teams in each region.

This should be interesting. Although Creme has us as one of the top 16 seeds in his recent Bracketology, I'll bet almost anything we don't show up when the NCAA selection committee reveals its top 16.

Last paragraph from the same article:

What to make of Rutgers

The pollsters haven't quite warmed up to the Scarlet Knights, who are ranked 25th in this week's AP rankings. But the résumé is hard to argue: No. 10 in the RPI, six top-50 wins, a top-25 overall schedule and a 17-3 overall record.

The 33-point stinker against Purdue is tough to get around, but finding another hole is hard to do. Rutgers still registers as the biggest surprise of the season so far and the résumé as of today says C. Vivian Stringer has a top-16 team.

I honestly wouldn't give us a top 16 seed...yet. We need to win the games we are supposed to win, and need to notch at least a couple wins over OSU/MD/Iowa/Michigan.

A lot can change in our final 10 games.

Two of this team's losses are true WTF games. Having one of these at this point may be a lot more acceptable than two in many people's eyes. The fact that we look like a one horse team on offense may also be hurting the overall perception. What this team has shown all season is great defense. We just need to stop losing games that should not be lost and score more.

Reactions: LtCol144
Don’t want a 4 seed as we’ll play UCONN in the sweet 16

Don’t want a 4 seed as we’ll play UCONN in the sweet 16

Honestly, if you offered me that right now - meeting UConn in the Sweet 16 - I'd take it in a second.

By the way, the Purdue is a different category than the Washington State loss. Purdue is a much better team, and now has beaten 2 ranked teams in a row.

I hope no one shows that article to our team. They need to be focused upon beating PSU tonight rather than worrying about their tournament seeding. This is a road game RU should win but after the Purdue fiasco, I'm worried about tonight's game.

I am hopeful the Purdue loss is the only motivation they need to stay focused tonight.

Honestly, if you offered me that right now - meeting UConn in the Sweet 16 - I'd take it in a second.

By the way, the Purdue is a different category than the Washington State loss. Purdue is a much better team, and now has beaten 2 ranked teams in a row.
I prefer Elite 8

I prefer Elite 8
I'd prefer NC game, but right now sweet 16 would be nice.
Being in the NCAA tourney in the NCAA Tourney would be a great start as far as I'm concerned and everything else will be gravy [banana]:cool2:[cheers]

no it didnt take it away...RU took it away with its play for 37 minutes....that foul could have been called now that I saw the video rather than relying on reports from the board.

whatever the case my prediction will be that RU will end up losing quite a few on the road and will probably end up 11-7 maybe 12-6 in league play and probably are going to end up in that 8/9 position when all is said and done and draw UConn again

ADVERTISEMENT