ADVERTISEMENT

Goodale Boom?

Nick Raimo perhaps?

Johnny Sebastian a possibility as well, since he is now in the transfer Portal and he has 3 Bergen C fellow alums on the team. 3x State Champ and NCAA qualifier.

Tyree Sutton?

Last edited:
Reactions: RU23
Similar situation as Correnti. Hopefully he pans out. Welcome aboard Zach!

While happy for Zach ... I’m indifferent as to him on the college level.

He is athletic for his size, but a fear he is a tweener weight wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
While happy for Zach ... I’m indifferent as to his him on the college level.

He is athletic for his size, but a fear he is a tweeter weight wise
I liken him to a Derick Winn type wrestler. Not very big,but tremendously athletic and fearless. Corentti (although I still seem to be the only one to still be high on his trajectory) mistakenly seems to be fearless,instead wrestles wreckless and often stoppy.Delvecchio is like a brick wall,with tremendous athleticism.I think he ,like Turley,will pump that relentless,ruthless attacking that I only saw in our 2 Champs.We still need to anty up and get a Big deal heavyweight. I like what Leo does with the upper weights.We just seem to somehow not market or lobby enough to make Rutgers the college that top shelf heavyweights want to come to.

Reactions: bigmatt718
So is Zack def done with football?? I REALLY like athletic hwt and Zach can do a... standing backflip for his size??? Think he got some serious upside.. only thing is hwt will be STACKED in these next few years

Reactions: Knight177lb
Welcome Zach!

He is ranked #9 at 220 by Flo (#3 among seniors at that weight).

He is ranked #8 at 220 by Intermat (also #3 among seniors who will be wrestling in college).

It is positive to keep the South Plainfield pipeline flowing. SP kids will not be out worked ,and winning is in their blood. The town is also very supportive of RU and RU Wrestling. BTW, Jacob DelVecchio is a rising Sophomore at the lower weights. Hopefully, he will be the third DelVecchhio brother that wrestles for RU.

Welcome, Zach!!! [banana]

Woahhhhh, that back flip!!

Let’s gooooooo, RU!
Diane

Great news. When was the last time he was 197?
From his body type, It looks like he can get down to 197.
That backflip was nice!

That’s gonna be difficult for him to cut to 197 . He’s built like a wall. Probably hwt imo Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Leonard23
Nice pickup here with upside. I wonder if he considered walking on to football first? We haven't had a bruising fullback in a long time. $$$$

Kid's definitely not lacking in confidence. Gotta like the moxie... @ RU!

Reactions: FoxRU
He’s under 6 foot. He will be a short heavyweight if that’s where he wants to be.
Most important factor I think is he’s an athletic hwt.. the more athletic hwt have been having the most success recently and they haven’t always been the biggest...I think Snyder, Cassar, and Gable are all under 6 foot

I think Snyder, Cassar, and Gable are all under 6 foot
I knew they were all on the shorter side but I did not realize under 6 feet. I'm super excited if true! I can confirm Snyder is around 5'10" (maybe shorter) as I just checked a pic I took with him at the championships in Pittsburgh. Anybody know for sure on Cassar and Gable?

I believe when Scott was cutting weight at Rutgers, he fed all of the table scraps he could not eat to his little brother :)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I knew they were all on the shorter side but I did not realize under 6 feet. I'm super excited if true! I can confirm Snyder is around 5'10" (maybe shorter) as I just checked a pic I took with him at the championships in Pittsburgh. Anybody know for sure on Cassar and Gable?
Pretty sure 5’10” is stretching it for Zach

Yes Zach is much taller than Scott. Zach is prob about 5’10, Scott about 5’6.

Thanks. Most College rosters only have the weight class listed and not the height.

Also, the status of Kyle Leightner has been a mystery most of this season, will be interesting to see where he fits in the roster, if at all, next season.

ADVERTISEMENT