ADVERTISEMENT

Goodale BOOM!

Hmm just a simple “Boom” w/ no !!!!!! I thought there were different levels of Booms(!!) but maybe I’m wrong lol

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Some reason I already thought Silva was at Rutgers already. where does he start after Heilman graduates? Or?
I would say they battle it out. Heilman has two seasons left and if my Covid math is correct so does Silva. They both entered college in 2019, both used their redshirt. Silva's eligibility clock does not stop because he was not enrolled in college. Only way he would have another year would be if he had qualified for an Olympic redshirt.

Reactions: obrats and MS-RU
I would say they battle it out. Heilman has two seasons left and if my Covid math is correct so does Silva. They both entered college in 2019, both used their redshirt. Silva's eligibility clock does not stop because he was not enrolled in college. Only way he would have another year would be if he had qualified for an Olympic redshirt.
So basically they both transferred here to be same weight, same timeline.. which means one will be on the bench and the other one will need to be pushed into being an All-American.

Wow… I totally forgot about Olivieri too… he is RS this year.. Alverez is only a jr at 141.. White fr 149…. 3 national qualifiers(Silva/heilman/oliveri) at one weight..

How would you rate those 3 (right now)?
I really have zero idea, they all seem very close.

Definitely a great high upside pickup if true. More depth and talent in the room as well.
Not a popular opinion but I disagree with this recruiting strategy.. unless it’s not costing much $$… short term it sounds good, grab everyone u can n let them duke it out!!, but long term log jams is poor roster planning imo..

If Silva comes, he literally shares the same timeline as Heilman.. Olivieri will be at this weight too.. that’s 3 national qualifier lvl guys at one weight(unless someone switches to 125/141/149?). An argument can be made that these guys being same weight might push the starter into AA status…

Usually these roster battle of similar lvls (aguilar/Shawver) (Aragona/Lipari) (grello/Turley) someone eventually feels they r too good not to start n ends up transferring out.. maybe it’s not a bad thing if someone comes out much better bc of it…

How would you rate those 3 (right now)?
I really have zero idea, they all seem very close.
U r right they r close… rn Heilman is #1.. he was seeded 18th vs Olivieri 22nd seed at nationals n Heilman finished r16 at nationals.. but they r very close… could easily flip flop later on

Idk too much on Silva besides he was a p4p stud in hs.. and he had some close losses to good guys in 2020.. no notable wins tho… so how high is his upside?? I’m not convinced he is better then Heilman/Olivieri rn.. but he might have most upside once we see Silva wrestle in 2022..

rn rankings: Heilman/Olivieri/Silva(has the most upside though)

U r right they r close… rn Heilman is #1.. he was seeded 18th vs Olivieri 22nd seed at nationals n Heilman finished r16 at nationals.. but they r very close… could easily flip flop later on

Idk too much on Silva besides he was a p4p stud in hs.. and he had some close losses to good guys in 2020.. no notable wins tho… so how high is his upside?? I’m not convinced he is better then Heilman/Olivieri rn.. but he might have most upside once we see Silva wrestle in 2022..

rn rankings: Heilman/Olivieri/Silva(has the most upside though)
Just my guess, but I am thinking last season was Olivieri's last season as a 133lber. Wrestled 138 as a senior and was a pretty big 133 last season. Think he RS and wrestles 141 during his redshirt.
133-Would also rank Heilman over Silva at this time.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Just my guess, but I am thinking last season was Olivieri's last season as a 133lber. Wrestled 138 as a senior and was a pretty big 133 last season. Think he RS and wrestles 141 during his redshirt.
133-Would also rank Heilman over Silva at this time.
Good observation, I agree, I think Olivieri is better served going 141.

Hasn't silva been practicing with Buxton?
I know it is freestyle, but look what Buxton has done with Rivera recently.
I am hoping Silva reaches his potential.

Junior, 2Xer with a reported 170(?)-9 record on this thread back in April. Are there no HS limits in Ohio? Or maybe this record is inclusive of his off season tourneys? Either way, that's a hell of a lot if wins. Welcome Max!!

ADVERTISEMENT