ADVERTISEMENT

Goodale With Another Boom!! Devon Britton To Rutgers

I don’t believe he has even wrestled off with PL ..he lost his spot based on Midlands results I believe but since then he has gotten off the diet that was draining his strength and as far as I know is ready to go ...it’s not like PL is delivering any real results since then ..one win in 7 matches ...yea some were close but a loss is a loss ....let’s see some results at 141 instead of close losses ..why not have them wrestle off and try something different .....as far as the coaches being mad at him supposedly ...where did you see that ...or is that just your opinion

Go back and reread the thread a bit to the original poster on MVB. My response was started as "I would bet" and not I know firsthand. As Banjo stated Goodale has said I think in multiple pressers either addressing MVB and/or JVB that they did not come back from the summer in shape or ready to go. If it's a diet issue and he's 100% then let the coaches make the decision but if they are in the same room during practice and going after it then knowing Goodale he puts the best dual team out there. Again I'm a fan of the VB's and they have had flashes of great wrestling (JVB more so than MVB)but I wish they were both further along.

Reactions: ANewRU
Britton is the # 1 kid in his weight in PA and from the hotbed of wrestling in PA. Kid is a great get and will be a major contributor at RU.

Bill, He is currently same weith as Aragona. What weight do they each project at college?

138 ranking for the Lehigh Valley

Britton is 17-3 the year. Draw your own conclusions.

1. Jr. Matt Lackman (17-6), Bethlehem Catholic

2. Sr. AJ DeRosa (22-1), Delaware Valley

3. Sr. Nicholas Colasurdo (21-1), Southern Lehigh

4. So. Drew Clearie (24-8), Nazareth

5. Sr. Nick Vonelli (20-9), Notre Dame

Injury time
Sr. Devon Britton (17-3), Northampton.

Honorable mention

Sr. Marckis Branford (26-3), Wilson; Jr. Attikos Clifford (20-4), Allentown Central Catholic; Sr. Jackson Karrat (17-6), Emmaus; Jr. Evan Klimas (17-8), North Hunterdon; Jr. Logan Nauta (15-9), Warren Hills; Jr. Thomas Spirk (25-5), Saucon Valley; Sr. Donovan White (14-10), Northwestern Lehigh.

138 ranking for the Lehigh Valley

Britton is 17-3 the year. Draw your own conclusions.

1. Jr. Matt Lackman (17-6), Bethlehem Catholic

2. Sr. AJ DeRosa (22-1), Delaware Valley

3. Sr. Nicholas Colasurdo (21-1), Southern Lehigh

4. So. Drew Clearie (24-8), Nazareth

5. Sr. Nick Vonelli (20-9), Notre Dame

Injury time
Sr. Devon Britton (17-3), Northampton.

Honorable mention

Sr. Marckis Branford (26-3), Wilson; Jr. Attikos Clifford (20-4), Allentown Central Catholic; Sr. Jackson Karrat (17-6), Emmaus; Jr. Evan Klimas (17-8), North Hunterdon; Jr. Logan Nauta (15-9), Warren Hills; Jr. Thomas Spirk (25-5), Saucon Valley; Sr. Donovan White (14-10), Northwestern Lehigh.
He was #1 on this and #1 on the Pa Power rankings at 138 when he twisted his knee earlier this month and has been out since.

He was #1 on this and #1 on the Pa Power rankings at 138 when he twisted his knee earlier this month and has been out since.

Yes he was the favorite to win PA states at 138. Lost to Aragona in semis of Beast 5-3 and then got pinned in his 3rd place match. Other loss was the injury default(which has kept him out of action).
He is talented kid and will be a great addition to RU, plus this if the first PA, Lehigh Valley kid(at least off the top of my head). Always great to get kids from hotbeds.

I know it's not going to be a popular sentiment but he was tabbed Big Time wrestling commit?

giphy.gif

Britton is the # 1 kid in his weight in PA and from the hotbed of wrestling in PA. Kid is a great get and will be a major contributor at RU.

You got a look at the history of a couple of the posters putting this kid down. They tend to put down a lot of recruits in just about every sport And quite often without having all the facts.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Good get (seems like more of a depth guy as of now) but I wouldn't put this in the "big time recuit" category that was hyped here and TOS.

http://www.pa-wrestling.com/hs/teams/northampton/athlete_stats.htm?id=113170

Devon Britton
Class of 2019 (Senior)
138, 145

2015-2016: District 3rd; Region 2nd; State DNP (AAA)
2016-2017: District 4th; Region 4th; State DNP (AAA)
2017-2018: District 4th; Region 2nd; State 3rd (AAA)

Getting 4th in the District and 3rd in the state the same year is crazy. Must have been a very tough district.

Good get (seems like more of a depth guy as of now) but I wouldn't put this in the "big time recuit" category that was hyped here and TOS.

http://www.pa-wrestling.com/hs/teams/northampton/athlete_stats.htm?id=113170

Devon Britton
Class of 2019 (Senior)
138, 145

2015-2016: District 3rd; Region 2nd; State DNP (AAA)
2016-2017: District 4th; Region 4th; State DNP (AAA)
2017-2018: District 4th; Region 2nd; State 3rd (AAA)

Getting 4th in the District and 3rd in the state the same year is crazy. Must have been a very tough district.

It’s a very competitive district with Easton, nazareth, Northampton, parkland etc

It’s a very competitive district with Easton, nazareth, Northampton, parkland etc

Always been that way; I wrestled in late 70’s to early 80’s for a school in Hunterdon County. We wrestled in the Easton holiday tournament every year, as well as P’burg. I recall the the top three district place winners, at my weight class, in the Easton area district also going 1,2,3 in the regions and 1,2,3 in the states the same year. Crazy. Back then, that could never happen in NJ. If you got third in Districts, your season was over.

Always been that way; I wrestled in late 70’s to early 80’s for a school in Hunterdon County. We wrestled in the Easton holiday tournament every year, as well as P’burg. I recall the the top three district place winners, at my weight class, in the Easton area district also going 1,2,3 in the regions and 1,2,3 in the states the same year. Crazy. Back then, that could never happen in NJ. If you got third in Districts, your season was over.

I’m from Hackettstown , played football and baseball from 1971-75. Delaware River Conference w Hunterdon Cenral, North Hunterdon, South Hunterdon and Delaware Valley Hs. Went to the Districts Wrestling Tournament at Pburg’s pit every year to watch friends wrestle and that’s how eventually got hooked on Wrestling.

I wrestled in District 17 and Region 5 in the late 80’s. My senior year I lost in the regions to the eventual state champ, Joe Duhigg. The kid who took third in the region, from my district, took second in the state. The kid who took second in the region was one of the Durso’s from Ridge and I think he placed as well. Region 5 was brutal back then.

I wrestled in District 17 and Region 5 in the late 80’s. My senior year I lost in the regions to the eventual state champ, Joe Duhigg. The kid who took third in the region, from my district, took second in the state. The kid who took second in the region was one of the Durso’s from Ridge and I think he placed as well. Region 5 was brutal back then.

Remember Duhigg and Durso’s well. District 17 was the class of Region 5 (HC, North Hunterdon and Voorhees were powers). I got knocked out of region 5 in the quarters and semi-final (11-8) both my sophomore and junior years to Charlie Winchock, who went on to wrestle for Rutgers and qualifying for the NCAA tournament in 1984. Fortunately I made it to the states in Princeton my senior year.

Wow ..selling MVB a little short ain’t ya lol...you really don’t think he is in mix .?

I know this is a late answer, but I think MVB is certainly going to be behind the 8 ball at 141 next year. One would have to think with all the talent we purposely redshirted this season our lineup is going to look drastically different next season. Not knocking MVB, just saying there is a lot depth there that on paper are better wrestlers.

I know this is a late answer, but I think MVB is certainly going to be behind the 8 ball at 141 next year. One would have to think with all the talent we purposely redshirted this season our lineup is going to look drastically different next season. Not knocking MVB, just saying there is a lot depth there that on paper are better wrestlers.

You mean 149.He will be competing for the spot with Santos.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Hey the kid tried but just like Dippery the weight was just too much to suck down to ...don’t be surprised when he comes back bigger and stronger at a more natural weight ..149-157 depending on how big he gets ...

ADVERTISEMENT