ADVERTISEMENT

Governor Murphy will be at GS introductory press conference

Murphy is an empty suit. He got involved to pander and now he wants his just rewards. I wonder how much he had to do with any of this.

I will praise Murphy when he does something for RU that costs the State something.

it’s a good thing when the Governor shows interest in the states college football program. Hope others will follow suit. His Intervention helped put Rutgers Football on the right track.

Murphy is an empty suit. He got involved to pander and now he wants his just rewards. I wonder how much he had to do with any of this.

I will praise Murphy when he does something for RU that costs the State something.

I understand your valid point.

On the other hand it's good PR for the program which is desperately needed.

Also such an interesting back pedal around here.
Might be my favorite topic around here.

People complain about “taxpayer money going to RU football”:

Be quiet! Football and the AD are a minimal % of the RU budget and the state funds a small percentage of that overall RU budget!

RU President or NJ Governor show disinterest in RU football:

Get on board! Need to publicly fully support RU football and provide all necessary resources!

Also such an interesting back pedal around here.
Might be my favorite topic around here.

Be quiet! Football and the AD are a minimal % of the RU budget and the state funds a small percentage of that overall RU budget!

RU President or NJ Governor show disinterest in RU football:

Get on board! Need to publicly fully support RU football and provide all necessary resources!

It doesn't have to be resources. It can also be beneficial just having people in the public eye showing personal support for the school and program.

If the public cares, the politicians will care.

this has always been our problem as a fan base. We did not show we cared enough to merit their attention. This incident proved otherwise, but now we have to keep it up. Give them a reason to care and they will continue their support.

Also such an interesting back

I went on the BWI board to see what the Schiano chatter was. Came upon a poster from here bitching about taxpayer money going to Schiano/Football and the personal jet story. I figure he went where he knew he'd find a receptive audience.

He's a politician and sees an opportunity to earn votes. Nothing particularly wrong with that - it's just smart politics. All smart politicians do it regardless of their party affiliation.

But you're correct in that it's meaningless unless he actually puts some money behind his actions. Same for all politicians.

Whether you like him or not tomorrow is not a time to boo him. Save it for another time and place please.
100% correct. It would be very poor form and completely counter-productive for people to be pouting and protesting the hire at this point.

I would (obviously) have been happier giving Jones, or perhaps some others, a shot. But, as I said all along, I will put my support behind whomever we wind up hiring. If the football program is wildly successful, that will only benefit the rest of the university.

I went on the BWI board to see what the Schiano chatter was. Came upon a poster from here bitching about taxpayer money going to Schiano/Football and the personal jet story. I figure he went where he knew he'd find a receptive audience.

I'm surprised anyone from here is able to post there. I know I was banned as soon as the Sandusky news hit. Any mention of him and Joepa got you banned for life

Reactions: shields
Finally have a Governor who supports Rutgers University as the Flagship University in the State of NJ and we have people complaining.

Isn't this what we all wanted ? Trenton support for Rutgers?

You guys should go root for Rowan[/QUOTE} Formerly GLASSBORO ST.,until Mr. Rowan,an ALUM,gave them $100,000,000 for an engineering school.

I asked something similar the other day.

Was it a call OUT to Drumthwacket or a call IN to the RAC?

Corzine was a regular on the sidelines. Dallas/ND fan Christie was not.

Thousands of people who pay a lot go stand outside (in all sorts of elements) to watch a college football game, are probably more inclined to be likely voters. It makes sense to appeal to them when they are also in process of rising up with the pitchforks.

Christie was an impulsive so and so. I recall he was made keynote speaker of GOP convention in 2012, and then not only made the speech about himself, he also refused to campaign for the nominee (Romney). Its no surprise the guys polls collapsed across the board

People making fun of people's appearance--suggestion: post a picture of yourself and your height and weight.

Yeah, there's a difference between a dad bod and being well over 300 if not 400 lbs like Christie.

He was an awful governor evidenced by the lowest public approval since nationwide recording at 12%.

He was an even worse person who went out of his way to hurt RU. He deserves worse than fat jokes.

Out him! I'll crush his weak soul!

Reactions: Bleed_Scarlet
ADVERTISEMENT