ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Grad transfer Akwasi Yeboah commits to Rutgers

ISHd.gif

@kyk1827 right now:
giphy.gif

awesome news...so we are out of scholarships for next year now? I forget the numbers but if we can just add a big body grad transfer for one year to throw in there for some minutes that would be ideal as well.

Great news. 1 to play 1, correct?

Grad transfer, eligible immediately for one season.

awesome news...so we are out of scholarships for next year now? I forget the numbers but if we can just add a big body grad transfer for one year to throw in there for some minutes that would be ideal as well.

Still one scholarship left. Last year we had an open scholarship, Doorson graduating, and Thiam leaving. Two of those are filled by Mulcahy and Yeboah.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Thats right..Obviously short term just get a big body grad transfer, long term get a high school kid but i'd rather just roll it over because don't see any high school kid stepping in next year and cracking our rotation.

Can someone provide a brief scouting report on him? What are we getting here, how many minutes should we expect him to play, etc?

Great pick-up .Fills an immediate need, that's what grad transfers should do

Can someone provide a brief scouting report on him? What are we getting here, how many minutes should we expect him to play, etc?

Similar game to pre-injury Eugene from last year. Willing three-point shooter, though only average percentage-wise. But he also took a ton of attempts at SB, I don't expect as many here so hopefully the percentage goes up with better-quality looks overall.

Has an old-man game in the post, sort of a mix of Omoruyi and Freeman with jump stops, hesitations, and shoulder shakes. Actually had a knee injury last year right around the same time as Omoruyi and wore a brace for a bit.

Oh, and he's a career 79% free throw shooter.

Ive watched 5-6 full game tapes on him, heres what were getting.

- A guy who can play the 3-5
- lethal shooter from 3 when left open. If hes left open from 3, he probably knocks them down at 50-60%
- not great off the dribble but can go off the dribble
- GREAT rebounder
- Can defend the 3-5
- he will be great here as he was asked to carry that load and do a ton at stony brook, here he will be asked to just be a guy on the team.
- imo he’ll average 12 pts and 6 rebs next year if eugene stays healthy.

This was the missing piece to us being tourney bound. I truly now think it’d be disappointing if we didnt dance next year

Similar game to pre-injury Eugene from last year. Willing three-point shooter, though only average percentage-wise. But he also took a ton of attempts at SB, I don't expect as many here so hopefully the percentage goes up with better-quality looks overall.

Has an old-man game in the post, sort of a mix of Omoruyi and Freeman with jump stops, hesitations, and shoulder shakes. Actually had a knee injury last year right around the same time as Omoruyi and wore a brace for a bit.

He’ll shoot 3’s at 40% clip next year as he cuts down on volume and improves quality

Reactions: zazoo2002
KYK,
I've seen highlights, but not full games and I agree with your assessments. Not that it really matter who starts, but I"m wondering if Myles starts and Yeboah comes off bench or vice versa..I just think Pike has much more flexibility with this pick up and can mix and match depending on opponent or style.

This is just such great news. I am so happy for Akwasi, for Steve Pikiell and our entire staff, for our team and all of us fans. We now have another guy who can score and rebound and gives us more depth if Eugene needs to rest a little bit more. Way to go coach.

Looks like a considerably better jump shooter than Eugene while also having the ability to create off the dribble when iso'd on the perimeter.

Much smoother jumper than Eugene, not as good in the post a gene though

Agree that his jump shot is better than Eugene's. Don't think Yeboah will do much off-the-dribble creation because 1) he won't need to play point forward here like he did at SB and 2) he'll be going against B1G defenses, not AE defenses (a healthy Eugene would look like a good off-the-dribble guy against AE defenses).

He's also basically our best free throw shooter now. Huge pickup.

He looked pretty damn good when they beat us two years ago. Glad to have him on our side now

Looks like he has a skill set that would allow him to see some time at SG, adding to his versatility.
he can guard bigger SG's but he's not quick enough to guard the fast ones of the dribble.

Agree that his jump shot is better than Eugene's. Don't think Yeboah will do much off-the-dribble creation because 1) he won't need to play point forward here like he did at SB and 2) he'll be going against B1G defenses, not AE defenses (a healthy Eugene would look like a good off-the-dribble guy against AE defenses).

He's also basically our best free throw shooter now. Huge pickup.
Exactly. His free throw shooting ability will have him seeing a whole lotta time during crunch time. This is such a big pickup man, made my week

He can play the 3 or the 4 and he is a very tough player who can rebound as well. This is huge in so many ways. Now we need to only concentrate on one other scholarship.

Reactions: higgins3
ADVERTISEMENT