ADVERTISEMENT

Grad Transfer Ehab Amin visiting tomorrow

Committed to Nevada back in May. Nevada fans were excited to get him based on what I read.

Then he decommitted on June 1st. Rutgers tied up a quick visit. 6'4" Guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg
Originally from Egypt, played at Texas AM Corpus Christi, Had 121 steals as a Junior to lead the nation and 218 for his career. Missed last year with a hip injury.

Last edited:
Entire country was after this grad transfer....amazing job by RU staff to secure a visit here...could offset a lot of the firepower lost from Sanders departure and a true B1G caliber combo guard.

Shot 37% from 3 in less time and minutes.in 2016.....shot 29% from 3 with more minutes.

2015-2016-Around 18 minutes a night and splits are 8.6PPG and 4 RPG with 36.8 from 3....almost 2 steals per game as a sophomore.

2016-2017-Almost 34 minutes a game and splits are 16.9 PPG and 6.6 RPG with 28.9 from 3....2.9 Assists per game and 3.4 steals a game, which is very high.

Sat 2017-18 with hip injury.

My guess would be of all the grad transfer mentions, this one (more than Tarin Smith, who went from Duquesne to UConn) & the interest in other guards, is likely the hardest to land.

The dozens of schools that expressed interest in April when he announced as a grad transfer was staggering...all the big names etc....Louisville and Oregon are looming.

Because he defends and is 6'4" & is an excellent extension of the goal of defense 1st, this potentially could be the best fit of a grad transfer. He takes some minutes on the ball on offense and allows the staff to play 3 guard lineups BUT you don't sacrifice any defensive skill while being a capable shooter, passer, etc.

Looks like with 34 minutes a game, everything goes up but shooting percentages take a hit obviously. If he's more efficient on the court, he probably lands around 33-36% from 3.

Can’t underestimate being in the Big Ten and the lure of New York. Plus, he would be an immediate starter.

Would be a good sized point with quick hands, dribble pass to open shooter and respectable shot as well. Doesn’t have much ups for his size but that’s not his game. Reminds me of a taller Mike Williams with better handle and shot. Don’t know about his tenacity and defense but would be a great one year mature player. Let’s see.

GO RU

So what is the latest on Hyatt? I thought he decided to reclassify to 18 but then read something that suggested it was still up in the air.

Who else is after this kid? What about the kid from iona?

link to article and list of schools that have an interest:

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/grad-transfer-ehab-amin-schools

AAC: SMU, Wichita State
ACC: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, NC State
Big East: Seton Hall, Xavier
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big 12: Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia
MWC: Nevada
Pac-12: Arizona
SEC: Ole Miss, Texas A&M
WCC: BYU

Last edited:
Reactions: biazza38
So what is the latest on Hyatt? I thought he decided to reclassify to 18 but then read something that suggested it was still up in the air.
---
it appears he is reclassifying but we probably are not going to get him

link to article and list of schools that have an interest:

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/grad-transfer-ehab-amin-schools

AAC: SMU, Wichita State
ACC: Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, NC State
Big East: Seton Hall, Xavier
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big 12: Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia
MWC: Nevada
Pac-12: Arizona
SEC: Ole Miss, Texas A&M
WCC: BYU

That's as about as an impressive list I have ever seen for a Grad Transfer.....like the guard that went to Villaniva, Joe Cremo.

The good news for Rutgers is that many teams have probably reached their limit.

Really?? Wow. When i had watched his highlights I didnt think he was high major good but hey thats great news
He played in the Big 12 for a winning team and lead the nation in steals two years ago prior to getting hurt for his final season... so, uh... pretty sure he's high major caliber, no?

If this kid is trying to transfer after his freshman year, are all the same schools now interested in him? I would think not. Most would find this as an obvious thought. The allure of the limited liability grad transfer.

Not really. Baker is really a 2 - too much of a scorer and doesn't have the quickness you'd like at the point.

Pikiell sees him as a PG. Time will tell.

We have a lot of good point guards on the roster,” Pikiell stated. “We also have a lot of good players, some new guys coming into the program. Geo Baker is as good a point guard as there is in the conference.

Pikiell sees him as a PG. Time will tell.

We have a lot of good point guards on the roster,” Pikiell stated. “We also have a lot of good players, some new guys coming into the program. Geo Baker is as good a point guard as there is in the conference.
Eh what does he know

Reactions: wheezer
Interesting past history. Not sold on player but that’s just my op.

I don't think there's a perfect player as a grad transfer....be curious on the names that hit the market as a combo guard, what other choices make sense....Tarin Smith???

Just about 15-20 P5 programs wanting him as a Grad Transfer says a lot. That's Joe Cremo terroritory.

I don't think there's a perfect player as a grad transfer....be curious on the names that hit the market as a combo guard, what other choices make sense....Tarin Smith???

I hear ya. Never a perfect player in general. I just think that when you look at the numbers, the program needs more shooters. He had one good year, but two rough ones. Add in the fact that he is coming off injury? Also, player is from a far below P5 conference.

I get what a lot are saying that he is hard nosed, gets some steals, etc, but at this point, Rutgers had had those players. The team needs shooters badly. His steal to foul ratio is almost 1:1 as well.

15-20 have offered him?Cremo was a different player in a better conference.

Expressed interest / offer. Bottom line they want him. Cremo played at Albany. That's the American East. Is it really that good of a conference? If you say he is a better shooter, fine. That's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Expressed interest / offer. Bottom line they want him. Cremo played at Albany. That's the American East. Is it really that good of a conference? If you say he is a better shooter, fine. That's a no brainer.[/QUOTE

Offer and interest are very different things.

I would say it's better than the south land conference.

Team just needs as many shooters as possible.

Not really. Baker is really a 2 - too much of a scorer and doesn't have the quickness you'd like at the point.

Let’s ageee to disagree, as I don’t see that at all. Floor sense and ability to move the ball screams point guard to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT