ADVERTISEMENT

Great coaching job by Pike tonight

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
Pike made all the right moves tonight with the rotation and the offense.

Kiss showed energy, and McConnell looked overmatched, so Kiss got the playing time. Pays off with 8 points.

Doorson too slow to defend Nebraska’s quick bigs, and so Pike rides Johnson even with 4 fouls. Pays off in spades with 13 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and that huge block.

Nebraska tries 1-3-1 twice, and we carve it up twice. Well coached.

Team shoots poorly from 3, so Pike gets a weave going, which opens up dribble penetration. We score 42 points in the paint as a result.

I know people are starting to question Pike, but for this game, he deserves huge kudos.

Good Job by Pikiell tonight. Except for the brief period when Thiam was in with Kiss. I liked that he left Johnson in but I think Doorson might have a minor injury. He diced up Nebraska’s silly 1-3-1 pretty easily.

Miles Is definitely a bottom 25% coach In the league. A lot of their fans seem to be calling for his head.

Good Job by Pikiell tonight. Except for the brief period when Thiam was in with Kiss. I liked that he left Johnson in but I think Doorson might have a minor injury. He diced up Nebraska’s silly 1-3-1 pretty easily.

Miles Is definitely a bottom 25% coach In the league. A lot of their fans seem to be calling for his head.

I think he did a poor job tonight, Ive watched this team this year and they usually play with a lot more energy. That MSU loss and long trip in the cold to NJ was a factor. And its basically just the starting 5, their bench gives them nothing. I am shocked that they have so little depth. They may have been gassed but they were chucking up some really bad shots instead of attacking Myles...and when they did Myles responded with a huge block late. Note that I think there was like 18 seconds left and his team didnt foul, they knew they didnt have it in them to try and pull out a miracle..very telling.

The team played harder than Nebraska in spots...and Myles Johnson and Shaq Carter have good hands to catch some of those post passes.

40 points from freshman is a very good sign.
40 points from freshman but we'll still get the "we need to recruit better" and "we always overestimate the incoming freshman" comments. In reality the recruiting has gotten better and the freshman are overperforming expectations

40 points from freshman but we'll still get the "we need to recruit better" and "we always overestimate the incoming freshman" comments. In reality the recruiting has gotten better and the freshman are overperforming expectations

there's no bigger fan of Pike than myself. That said, we do need to recruit better. this recruiting will get us top of the bottom third, bottom of the middle third.

to move up, we need better recruits and continued development of the kids we do have (I really like all of them)

that doesn't mean I EXPECT Pike to have done that already...I am merely pointing out what needs to happen next.

I absolutely LOVE the progress from Pike to date. It's mind-boggling when you step back and think about where Eddie left us...

lol... until we're a perennial Sweet 16 team, the recruiting can always be better.

There's a difference between "we need to recruit better" and "we haven't been recruiting well"

Love what we're seeing out of the young guys - still need to recruit more guys going forward that are equal or better if we're going to really make noise in our conference.

The team played harder than Nebraska in spots...and Myles Johnson and Shaq Carter have good hands to catch some of those post passes.

40 points from freshman is a very good sign.

In the first half it looked like the same ol samo unitl we came back from -13.

In the 2nd half we played like were an angry hungry bear and Nebby was a piece of meat: they got clawed.

Seems like we won more than 80% (my guess) of the 50:50 balls.

MO

In the first half it looked like the same ol samo unitl we came back from -13.

In the 2nd half we played like were an angry hungry bear and Nebby was a piece of meat: they got clawed.

Seems like we won more than 80% (my guess) of the 50:50 balls.

MO

When we went down 13, I admit that I started watching the game on fast forward for a few minutes until I saw the differential drop down to 8.

Pike entered a dumpster fire terrible program. He is recruiting as well as could possibly be expected considering the circumstances. People expecting him to come in and land multiple 5 stars off the bat are just living in fantasy land. His recruiting is right on track for this point in the build.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT