ADVERTISEMENT

Great to see Ash get in the ref's face

KingHigh

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
Ash was completely losing his mind after that bullshit offside call and the non grounding call. He wouldn't let the crew hear the end of it. Very rare fit of anger for him, and I think his getting animated over it might have influenced the non-call at the end of the game.

Ash was completely losing his mind after that bullshit offside call and the non grounding call. He wouldn't let the crew heat the end of it. Very rare fit of anger for him, and I think his getting animated over it might have influenced the non-call at the end of the game.

Red Cashion's face?:

I think the worst was the defensivr holding on the other side of the field on that sweep to the right or whatever that got them a first down and then they tacked 10 yards onto the end of it. That was unbelievably ridiculous because it’s rarely called when the hold is on the other side of the field as such on a run play.

I think that was the play the crowd really starting to lose its mind.

Waiting for Zappa to defend this garbage. Two games in a row where officials were down right bad. The defensive hold. Ok he held. But the tackle held our guy forever.... the offsides? Never seen such a call. There are how many guys on the field? To me it appeared the last couple weeks that the B1G wants RU to lose.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Waiting for Zappa to defend this garbage. Two games in a row where officials were down right bad. The defensive hold. Ok he held. But the tackle held our guy forever.... the offsides? Never seen such a call. There are how many guys on the field? To me it appeared the last couple weeks that the B1G wants RU to lose.
I highly doubt any conference higher-ups are telling the officials who they want to win, it's just plain ineptitude. If the refs wanted Rutgers to lose, they could have called illegal hands to the face on us on Maryland's touchdown pass that was disallowed for holding on their last drive. It seemed pretty clear on the replay, but fortunately it was one missed call that went in our favor. That pass interference in the second quarter that basically gave them a touchdown and then that offsides call were abysmal.

Nice chant of "Ref you suck" started by the student section and lasting for several minutes and very loud too. I am usually not one to condone such chants, but this crew deserved it tonight.
That didn't start in the student section. While Ash was jawing at the ref on the sideline by our section big guy a few seats away from us started chanting it over and over. The rest of our section joined in quickly.

Last edited:
I think the worst was the defensivr holding on the other side of the field on that sweep to the right or whatever that got them a first down and then they tacked 10 yards onto the end of it. That was unbelievably ridiculous because it’s rarely called when the hold is on the other side of the field as such on a run play.

I think that was the play the crowd really starting to lose its mind.

That was right in front of us...I was losing my mind.....shouting at these B1G Clown Refs.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
That didn't start in the student section. While Ash was jawing at the ref on the sideline by our section big guy a few seats away from us started chanting it over and over. The rest of our section joined in quickly. It was great.

It was loud and it lasted long. It was perfect.

Reactions: koleszar
It was loud and it lasted long. It was perfect.
It was. Not vulgar and to the point of how we all felt. It seemed to unite the fan base in a common cause. If your going to screw us we're going to go crazy. From that point on the fans got real loud. We were going nuts, even the old people who sit behind us stood and started yelling and they never do that. It was really a fun time.

Last edited:
Saw it and saw the ref clearly give Ash a warning by the refs hand gesture. He almost got a sideline misconduct penalty.

Ash was completely losing his mind after that bullshit offside call and the non grounding call. He wouldn't let the crew hear the end of it. Very rare fit of anger for him, and I think his getting animated over it might have influenced the non-call at the end of the game.

This post may get the most "likes" ever. Refs you sucked!

From that point on, the crowd got re-involved in the game as did the players....

Did you see the Doofus back judge, who fell over backwards in the path of an overthrown post pattern toward the American flag end in the third quarter?

Pathetic clowns.

After that I was yelling “We got some B1G Crew Out here today “

What about the pass play that looked like it should have been a fumble and not an incompletion?

Did you see the Doofus back judge, who fell over backwards in the path of an overthrown post pattern toward the American flag end in the third quarter?

Pathetic clowns.
He got back up with style though.. ya gotta give him that.

Should be on a wall in hale center with a few edits. Lol

"This crowd -- it doesn't matter how many people show up -- we know it's always going to be a hectic environment," cornerback Isaiah Wharton said. "Our fans take a lot of pride in cheering for us. It's our job to put on a show for them."

There isn't an agenda. These are just shitty officials.

Reactions: Knight Shift
That was not necessary. The bos were plenty enough. They got that message. If anything the refusuck thing would make them feel better about missing a call that pissed you guys off
Disagree. Crew was atrocious for a large portion of the game. We were simply letting them know that the whole stadium felt the same way about them

Reactions: Section124
Not the biggest crowd, but one of the best I’ve heard on tv watching many games. If you didn’t know better you’d have thought the stadium was packed.

Whatever was there, that’s our baseline fan base. They were awesome.

Reactions: Rhuarc and RCLEO1
Most fun I had at a game since our first season in the league. Those first year night games were something special.

no one picked up the ball. it was ruled a fumble

Okay here's the problem

Watch the replay. The side judge ("field juge"? whatever...) is CLEARLY signalling an incomplete pass, with several of our guys standing around, by waving his arms side-to-side. The fact that they then gave Maryland the yards to where that ball landed, IMHO, is bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT