ADVERTISEMENT

Great Win

Rutgers wins! :cool2:
Penn State Loses![laughing]
Good-Day-Meme.jpg

The importance of this game cannot be understated. Rutgers had momentum and this win shows that the momentum means something. There's no question the team is well-coached and playing hard. The recruits can see that all that is missing is their talent and then this thing will really be rolling.

So pumped. Glad the D held ground at the end. I was still steaming about he shitty false start call, so they kept me off the ledge. Awesome performance by the OL and backs. efficient if unspectacular performance by Gio. Washington let him down with the drop at the end of the 1st half but he missed a wide open Melton. Baby steps. Thrilled with the W.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Goe did not miss a wide open Melton.. If you watch the replay, the ref fell directly in Bo's path and he pulled up a little. It looks like it would have been a completion absent that unfortunate trip by the ref.

So much more pumped for this win than the others this season. No illusions or anything, but progress is now measured where it counts the most to casual observers and fans.

Very nice win. Looking much better than earlier in the year. That’s all I want right now.

The importance of this game cannot be understated. Rutgers had momentum and this win shows that the momentum means something. There's no question the team is well-coached and playing hard. The recruits can see that all that is missing is their talent and then this thing will really be rolling.
Agreed. Although I think you mean the importance cannot be overstated. It could easily be understated.

Goe did not miss a wide open Melton.. If you watch the replay, the ref fell directly in Bo's path and he pulled up a little. It looks like it would have been a completion absent that unfortunate trip by the ref.

We can agree to disagree. Yes the ref fell down but he was well ahead of the play. It was overthrown whether he fell down or not.

Reactions: MadRU
We can agree to disagree. Yes the ref fell down but he was well ahead of the play. It was overthrown whether he fell down or not.
I agree w/you. The ball was maybe a yard overthrown and it seems unlikely that Melton could get to it. But Rescigno wasn't far off AND the ball got downfield fast. His arm looked the strongest I've seen it to date on several passes. If he builds confidence in the throwing game and keeps running the way he did tonight, and if he stays healthy, he'll be tough to beat out for starter next season.

Reactions: satnom and BillyC80

I thought that Ref was further back and more to the center of the Field. Think Melton’s route was more towards the side.
Have to watch the replay.

Nonetheless:

[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]
[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

Reactions: mildone
This
This. Ball looked good and a decent route run by Melton. He definitely pulls up at the end though when he sees the ref in his path, might have been slightly over thrown but I have to think it's catchable if the ref isn't in the way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT