ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Rutgers first offensive play

Extra Point

Heisman Winner
Aug 9, 2001
I am going out on a limb and guessing that Simon passes it to tight end Lagan for a 15 yard gain. No one in the world would expect that. Also, is Vedral cleared to play? He will probably have some rust to polish up.

Well, it being 1st down and all, we have an 80% chance of it being a run play. @Knight Shift is just playing the safest odds.

I can't remember the exact game. But Rutgers was playing a very good opponent at the Meadowlands back in the 1980s and was a big underdog. First play of the game Rutgers faked the hand off... pitched a lateral to a back who threw it back to the QB who lofted a deep pass to a wide open receiver who had to wait for it to come down -- big gainer down into other team's territory. Later scored in the drive (TD or field goal? I have no memory!).

The buttfumble will always be funny. Sanchez ran into Brandin Moore who asked reporters that night, why is my ass trending on Twitter?

Now play-action pass is what we should do, I think it will be a power run right up the middle between the Center and Guard.

Reactions: WasatRutgers
Run the first play they ran against Louisville…great call by Ver Steeg…didn't connect but it was close…would help to have Mike Teel and and Kenny Britt

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
One of these days they will listen to me and do the Fumblerooski. Johnny Football is tailor made for it.

It won’t happen on first play but I think we ll see a variety of gadget / trick plays during the game a la 2 years ago.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT