ADVERTISEMENT

Guess the date of our first 2020 commit

kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017
With SHU getting their first one yesterday I'm getting a little antsy over here. As of today only about 40% of power-conference schools have a commitment so the point of this thread isn't "omg let's panic, everything is ruined." But we're just about coming up to the sweet spot for a domino to fall.

For reference...

Our first (only) 2019 commitment, Paul Mulcahy, made his announcement in May of 2018.

Mamadou Doucoure was the first 2018 commitment, in December of 2016 (before he reclassified in the summer of 2017). Our next commitment in 2018 was Mac McClung on August 3, followed by Montez Mathis the next day. Caleb McConnell rounded out the class the following spring (April)

For the 2017 class, Geo Baker committed on July 27, 2016. Then Doucoure in December wound up in this class, Souf Mensah in January of 2017, and Myles Johnson in the spring of 2017.

For the class of 2016, the first one to commit was Kwe Parker on August 23, 2015.

And going back to 2015, Eddie Jordan had gotten a commitment from Austin Burnette back in October of 2013. However, he and another player decommitted by the summer of 2014. Corey Sanders was the first 2015 commitment to stick, and he made his announcement on September 4, 2014.

-------------------

So there you go. Late July to early September has historically been a popular time frame for Rutgers to land a recruit.

I'll say that we get our first commitment on August 23. Post your guess below and I'll buy the winner some popcorn at the RAC next season.

Reactions: Local Shill
New recruiting cycles and limited events to evaluate make taking a commitment early, more riskier than before. But staffs around the country have prepared and did more 2020 recruiting last year and are doubling up on 2020 and 2021-22 now as well.

I think we will see commitments surrounding our September/October schedule for the football games and practice facility campus etc.

I feel like the staff has their arms around recruiting and am looking at results from the summer circuit and whose hot or who had an off summer.

With SHU getting their first one yesterday I'm getting a little antsy over here. As of today only about 40% of power-conference schools have a commitment so the point of this thread isn't "omg let's panic, everything is ruined." But we're just about coming up to the sweet spot for a domino to fall.

For reference...

Our first (only) 2019 commitment, Paul Mulcahy, made his announcement in May of 2018.

Mamadou Doucoure was the first 2018 commitment, in December of 2016 (before he reclassified in the summer of 2017). Our next commitment in 2018 was Mac McClung on August 3, followed by Montez Mathis the next day. Caleb McConnell rounded out the class the following spring (April)

For the 2017 class, Geo Baker committed on July 27, 2016. Then Doucoure in December wound up in this class, Souf Mensah in January of 2017, and Myles Johnson in the spring of 2017.

For the class of 2016, the first one to commit was Kwe Parker on August 23, 2015.

And going back to 2015, Eddie Jordan had gotten a commitment from Austin Burnette back in October of 2013. However, he and another player decommitted by the summer of 2014. Corey Sanders was the first 2015 commitment to stick, and he made his announcement on September 4, 2014.

-------------------

So there you go. Late July to early September has historically been a popular time frame for Rutgers to land a recruit.

I'll say that we get our first commitment on August 23. Post your guess below and I'll buy the winner some popcorn at the RAC next season.
Burnette has never scored more than 5 points in a game and has had two knee surgeries at Campbell. That actually worked out...rare for us.

Kcg, GREAT news !!!!!!! Teams moving in the end of this month and the Sept 12 Grand Opening !!!!!!!

Last edited:
huh? most Hall fans aren't thrilled and you're worried?? talk about the usual grass is greener crap

"it would be discerning to any fan to fill 2 of the guard spots, this early in the process, with players that are lower rated than what other BE teams and even what DePaul are getting."

ADVERTISEMENT