ADVERTISEMENT

Hansard

Well yeah, Florida lost and Penn State is Big 10 East Champs and playing in the conference championship. Should anyone be surprised by young kids who are easily influenced?

I'll bet you wouldn't say this if he flipped to RU. Have some respect for the kid, and have faith that we won't be hearing the same old narrative for us forever.

Nah I would.

And I'm not gonna have respect for a kid from South Jersey who traveled up to NYC to make a comittment video to UF who then decomitts to PSU. Sorry.

I'll bet you wouldn't say this if he flipped to RU. Have some respect for the kid, and have faith that we won't be hearing the same old narrative for us forever.

I would. I've heard from 2 big ten coaches that the kid is overrated. Notice how UM and OSU don't want him? But I know, he's got 4 stars next to his name. So did Dom Natale and Anthony LaLota though. Hun players tend to often be overhyped. But go on believing he's the next Warren Sapp.

Reactions: Cabana Man
Why won't he live up to his star rating?

I hear he's tremendously lazy and doesn't play with good bend. Who knows though? Maybe he gets his work ethic in order and becomes a productive player. You never know.

Last edited:
I would. I've heard from 2 big ten coaches that the kid is overrated. Notice how UM and OSU don't want him? But I know, he's got 4 stars next to his name. So did Dom Natale and Anthony LaLota though. Hun players tend to often be overhyped. But go on believing he's the next Warren Sapp.

Offers from Alabama, Clemson, USC, Michigan, Ohio State. Plus about a dozen others. But yeah, nobody wants him.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Offers from Alabama, Clemson, USC, Michigan, Ohio State. Plus about a dozen others. But yeah, nobody wants him.

I know for a fact the UM and OSU offers were not committable. And LOL at the idea that kid would sniff the field at Alabama. But believe what you want.

Reactions: Cabana Man
I hear he's tremendously lazy and doesn't play with good bend. Who knows though? Maybe he gets his work ethic in order and becomes a productive player. You never know.
I think I'll refer to his offer list and the ability of the best coach's in the country to inspire him.

You heard from who?

A coach on one of those staffs who evaluated him. Again, they could be wrong. I could be wrong. And again, these two programs have the luxury of being more selective than us.But I go on the history of Hun school players usually not panning out. But again, I don't know anything so my opinion means nothing. Bottom line, I'm fine with him going elsewhere. If people aren't, that's their prerogative.

Nah I would.

And I'm not gonna have respect for a kid from South Jersey who traveled up to NYC to make a comittment video to UF who then decomitts to PSU. Sorry.

You really would be unhappy with one of NJ's top recruits committing to RU, when we're clearly lacking talent?

I get that the message with his commitment video doesn't make sense, but so what? We're not talking about an adult..this is a 16 or 17 year old child who is making probably the biggest decision of his life. Bashing him won't change anything.

Penn State blew it but had enough history and stain to recover. We had nonever of either and are sinking fast. But there is always hope . I said that 50 years and 40 years ago and..Well you get it . :(

Do you believe Florida and PSU, which obviously continued to persue him have poor talent evaluators?

No. can't speak for Florida but I do know that perception is important to programs and it's clear PSU likes to take NJ kids. Other than Fries they didn't take any Jersey kids in 2016 and Hansard will be only their second NJ commit in this 2017 class. The same coach who told me they are low on Hansard also said RU should get him because it would be great for our perception. It's clear we have a perception problem. That is not lost on Penn State's coaches either.

No. can't speak for Florida but I do know that perception is important to programs and it's clear PSU likes to take NJ kids. Other than Fries they didn't take any Jersey kids in 2016 and Hansard will be only their second NJ commit in this 2017 class. The same coach who told me they are low on Hansard also said RU should get him because it would be great for our perception. It's clear we have a perception problem. That is not lost on Penn State's coaches either.

That coach is certainly wrong on his second point. We need as many talented players as we can get, can't afford to waste a scholly on a recruit who's only contribution would be to improve our perception.

Reactions: Extra Point
That coach is certainly wrong on his second point. We need as many talented players as we can get, can't afford to waste a scholly on a recruit who's only contribution would be to improve our perception.

So you're saying that not only is he overrated, but he isn't deserving of a 3* rating by the various services? Pretty sure RU isn't so loaded that a 3* NJ couldn't make an impact on their DL over the next couple years.

I know, that is the most ludicrous thing that I have heard. I also believe that the posters who say he is lazy and not good are just talking sour grapes.

Reactions: soundcrib
So you're saying that not only is he overrated, but he isn't deserving of a 3* rating by the various services? Pretty sure RU isn't so loaded that a 3* NJ couldn't make an impact on their DL over the next couple years.

Dude, go away. Why do you need validation from RU fans? Congrats on your team, we know it means a lot to you (probably too much to be honest).

Dude, go away. Why do you need validation from RU fans? Congrats on your team, we know it means a lot to you (probably too much to be honest).

I don't need validation from RU fans but thanks. There is an ignore feature and also a premium board. Both could be helpful for you.

Wow, that is a serious reading comprehension problem you have my friend. I wasn't even commenting on Hansard. My comment is that I don't agree with that coach who said that Rutgers should take certain recruits only for perception reasons.

Maybe the comment that Matt Millen made today on the Browns-Giants broadcast about Penn State people is accurate. It was certainly hilarious, but folks like you give it validity. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...-state-on-the-browns-giants-broadcast.157597/

I know, that is the most ludicrous thing that I have heard. I also believe that the posters who say he is lazy and not good are just talking sour grapes.

Most ludicrous thing that I have heard is your trying to deceive fans here that you are a RU fan. Any "fan" who thinks that our talent starved roster should use a precious scholly on a (generic, this isn't about Hansard) recruit who a trained eye would depict as overrated is certainly not a Rutgers fan.

Wow, that is a serious reading comprehension problem you have my friend. I wasn't even commenting on Hansard. My comment is that I don't agree with that coach who said that Rutgers should take certain recruits only for perception reasons.

Maybe the comment that Matt Millen made today on the Browns-Giants broadcast about Penn State people is accurate. It was certainly hilarious, but folks like you give it validity. https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...-state-on-the-browns-giants-broadcast.157597/

My fault for not knowing what I was talking about.

Sorry but not clicking the Millen link. He is an ill-prepared, unprofessional dufus. He's an embarrassment to those of us who have to display some competence and preparation in order to do our job.

My fault for not knowing what I was talking about.

Sorry but not clicking the Millen link. He is an ill-prepared, unprofessional dufus. He's an embarrassment to those of us who have to display some competence and preparation in order to do our job.

Thanks for owning up to the miscomprehension of my post.

I know that a lot of PSU folk agree with you on Millen. That is apparent from the comments on the thread from the BWI board.

Reactions: kjb32812
Most ludicrous thing that I have heard is your trying to deceive fans here that you are a RU fan. Any "fan" who thinks that our talent starved roster should use a precious scholly on a (generic, this isn't about Hansard) recruit who a trained eye would depict as overrated is certainly not a Rutgers fan.
Speaking of reading comprehension, I sad "I know" as in I agree with you. Who would recruit a player for perception, that would be ludicrous.

Has a Final 3 of Florida, Tennessee and Rutgers. Makes a video proclaiming Florida is where he always wanted to be and in one day flips from Florida to Penn State. Good Luck Kid.

ADVERTISEMENT