bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Discuss

NYPizzaPie.jpg

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Star Tavern in February $5 plain thin crust on Tuesday’s. Back to $10 in March.

In union county I like spiritos Elizabeth; Linwood Linden and Nancy rahway. Sciorintios south and Perth amboy is solid too.
Campania Staten Island is good, better crust with nyc water compared to jersey. Always felt deninos was over rated.

In union county I like spiritos Elizabeth; Linwood Linden and Nancy rahway. Sciorintios south and Perth amboy is solid too.
Campania Staten Island is good, better crust with nyc water compared to jersey. Always felt deninos was over rated.

Just a FYI, I believe The Linwood changed its name to the Tap House (Linden).

Porta's in Asbury (also locations in Jersey City and Philly) has seasonal pies (e.g. roasted corn in the summer) that are wonderful.

My favorite pizza of all time was at Mosco’s in New Brunswick. No longer there unfortunately.

Was passing through the Rutgers area and stopped off at Frank's Pizza and Italian Restaurant, 300 State Route 18, East Brunswick, NJ (diagonally across from Shop-Rite). Had a slice. So good I took an entire pie home with me. Go on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and they're $10.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/franks-pizza-and-italian-restaurant-east-brunswick
Speaking of "Frank's", I wonder how many of those there are across the state. Seems like the most popular pizza place name haha.

Remember forgotten RU pizza joints

Skinny Vinnies

Coffaros..my go to

Campus

Tatas...still open

Gerlondas in the Busch Student Center

OneBite.png

Not sure what that saying has to do with pizza but it’s all over the internetz today

Reactions: daneman100
Remember forgotten RU pizza joints

Skinny Vinnies

Coffaros..my go to

Campus

Tatas...still open

Gerlondas in the Busch Student Center

Skinny Vinnies and Gerlandas were still open as of 2010 when I was finishing undergrad. Time flies, and things change..

Near the Livingston Campus
Panatieri's Piscataway  
Located in: Centennial Square
Address: 1297 Centennial Ave, Piscataway Township, NJ 08854

Just moved to Hillsborough/Montgomery area. Best pizza around there for dinner tonight?

OneBite.png

Not sure what that saying has to do with pizza but it’s all over the internetz today
Dave Portnoy from Barstool does a daily pizza review. Those are his rules. He gets celebrities to join him on the review.

FYI - He gave Star Tavern a 7.1 I believe. That's low for what people here claim is a good pizza place. He described it as a bar pie.

Reactions: vkj91
I swear every freakin' day is a "day" now and it takes away from truly GREAT ones like this! Of course, we all know where I'd go if I could today...Deeeee-Los baby!!!

08aca2e31aa619af97e1aecb2c952a33.jpg

Just moved to Hillsborough/Montgomery area. Best pizza around there for dinner tonight?
Actually, I always liked Manville Pizza, not sure if it's close enough- depends where you are in Hillsborough.

Genteel's in Montgomery/Skillman across from Shoprite. Also, Joe's in Hillsborough does an awesome Brooklyn Thin Sicilian.

coffaros or carfaros on Easton in New Brunswick in the early 90s
Coffaro's and Pizza Plaza were my favorites in my undergrad days in the early 80s. Started going to Patti's and Skinny Vinnie's more when I lived on Ray St. around the corner from both for 2 summers in a row and they were my go to places in grad school.

Reactions: bac2therac
We're well aligned on pizza. Love Spirito's, Nancy's Towne House in RY (absolutely the thinnest crust ever), and Sciortino's, which is my son's favorite and maybe my 2nd favorite after Star Tavern in Orange. We live in Metuchen, but no great pizza in town - good pizza, but not great. Best IMO, close by is Menlo Pizza, right by the mall on Rt. 1, with Highland Pizza being a close 2nd. Michellino's in Rahway is also very good for "standard" pizza. Oh one more, if you like tomato pies - Brooklyn Boys in Edison is quite good.

Reactions: Plum Street
Actually, I always liked Manville Pizza, not sure if it's close enough- depends where you are in Hillsborough.

yes grew up eating that...there used to be no pizza place in Hillsborough in the 70s..actually I think there was one but Manville was a staple...they used to have half price pizzas on their anniversary where people including me would be lined out the door...getting as many pies as possible for $3 or 4. Have not been in quite a while and they moved from the shopping center to the main st in manville

ADVERTISEMENT