ADVERTISEMENT

Happy with what I saw (and heard) today!

Rewatched the game. This team is good. Cam looks even better the second time around and you can see why Pike seems to love him. If he shot the ball well, everyone would be raving about him. His shot wasn't on tonight, but he looked good everywhere else.

Cam is a strong ball handler. He can be a calming presence when things get hairy out there. He doesn't rush and is smart with the ball. Uses his body well to shield. Very good passer. We may want to have the ball in his hands to penetrate and pass. He had a few very good looks

He plays the passing lanes excellently. This is tje strength of his defense. Reads plays well. Quick hands. He seems to lull you asleep looking like he is moving slow then quickly darts for a step. That change of pace catches people off guard

Dove on the floor multiple times. Everyone loves that. Some crafty moves to the basket
Where did you watch it again?

People are saying they want views from people who actually watched the game. Its a very reasonable take

It's not like you had one passing comment. You posted relentlessly arguing when you had no idea what you were talking about having not watched. It's pretty ridiculous
I offered an analysis based on statistics (that I didn’t make up) and was basically told I was wrong because I didn’t watch it.

I listened to Pikes news conference afterwards where the literal 1st thing out of his mouth was the team will need to do defensive drills. He then went on to say Dean is healthy which we can surmise his lack of PT was from rebounding.

stats don’t always tell the story, but more often than not they have a lot of meaning. I think if you ask Pike about my analysis based on data I dont think he’d say I was too far off.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
People are saying they want views from people who actually watched the game. Its a very reasonable take

It's not like you had one passing comment. You posted relentlessly arguing when you had no idea what you were talking about having not watched. It's pretty ridiculous
Take a look at this. People were killing us because we lost this game and it was 4 in a row. My eyes and stats told a different story.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Take a look at this. People were killing us because we lost this game and it was 4 in a row. My eyes and stats told a different story.

Key word eyes.

Woolfolk did nothing on the stat sheet. Eyes would tell you a completely different story

Citing stats in an exhibition game with a sample size of 1 in a game you didn't watch isn't the same as your takes about a team you watched all season and looking at stats

Key word eyes.

Woolfolk did nothing on the stat sheet. Eyes would tell you a completely different story

Citing stats in an exhibition game with a sample size of 1 in a game you didn't watch isn't the same as your takes about a team you watched all season and looking at stats

Agreed - Green - why don’t you want to watch the game? It’s free on BIG+. Just click on it from your phone.

He watched the first half eventually he said

@Greene Rice FIG watch the second half and see Woolfolk. You'll be impressed
The box score told me he got more minutes than Reiber. I know how good Reiber was last year. Box score has already told me he is good. :)

I got World Series to watch. Tomorrow we got the Devils playing McJesus at 9PM.

I will be at the 1st 3 home games and the game at Temple. There will be plenty of basketball for me to watch soon.

Reactions: bac2therac
Pike’s probability of victory equation Has a very strong correlation to Mulchay’s minutes. Which would mean if he doesn’t play a lot chances of losing goes down which doesn’t say a lot about rest of team.

how about that?

I’m not sure how you’ve drawn this conclusion (one way or the other) based on extremely limited data of the team without Paul on the floor. Simpson may look just fine bringing the ball up with Caleb on the floor to help. There’s a big difference in ball handling support between Hyatt and Caleb.

I’m not sure how you’ve drawn this conclusion (one way or the other) based on extremely limited data of the team without Paul on the floor. Simpson may look just fine bringing the ball up with Caleb on the floor to help. There’s a big difference in ball handling support between Hyatt and Caleb.
That was in response to flux who is a calculator head.

Paul Mulcahy played 36 minutes in an exhibition game. One can come to a hypothesis the reason Paul had to play 36 minutes because the coach felt uncomfortable taking him out. So this is an analysis based on the action of a coach and not data from the past.

For the record, I watched the 1st half, and the few minutes Paul was not in the game we looked bad. That could be total coincidence.

Reactions: fluoxetine
That was in response to flux who is a calculator head.

Paul Mulcahy played 36 minutes in an exhibition game. One can come to a hypothesis the reason Paul had to play 36 minutes because the coach felt uncomfortable taking him out. So this is an analysis based on the action of a coach and not data from the past.

For the record, I watched the 1st half, and the few minutes Paul was not in the game we looked bad. That could be total coincidence.

It’s not a coincidence but it’s not like we don’t have another veteran 5th year PG on the team who DNP.

It’s not a coincidence but it’s not like we don’t have another veteran 5th year PG on the team who DNP.
I wouldn't call him a PG.

I am going to make a rough guess that when Pike reflected on the game he probably wished he played Simpson more without Paul. In the heat of the moment all he thought about was winning and not the Columbia game.

Reactions: zebnatto
Ignore button works real well!
If you are looking for only what the consensus thinks than you should definitely put me on ignore. If you want balance then that would be a mistake. I can go back in to the archives and provide hundreds of examples of value not posting what every else sees or thinks. Most backed by data. Most being positive when others are negative.

Most being positive when others are negative.
blinking trailer park boys GIF

good one about Peter Kiss

That isn't always the case. I can go through the archives and find a TON of my posts liked by a poster who once dropped 43 points in a high school game.

SEE ABOVE
If there is good reason for it, it's fine. If you're just always looking to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, then your takes are predetermined by what the masses think and aren't really your own thoughts

For the record, I was not impressed when Kiss committed, but thought I must be wrong bc everyone on the boards seemed to be thrilled about it

Now I know better. Trust my own evaluations that have been amazingly accurate 🤣

Just joined a men's league and had my first game last night actually. 3/4 from 3. Still got it!

If there is good reason for it, it's fine. If you're just always looking to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, then your takes are predetermined by what the masses think and aren't really your own thoughts

For the record, I was not impressed when Kiss committed, but thought I must be wrong bc everyone on the boards seemed to be thrilled about it

Now I know better. Trust my own evaluations that have been amazingly accurate 🤣

Just joined a men's league and had my first game last night actually. 3/4 from 3. Still got it!
3/4 from 3 and an achilles tendon that didn't snap....keep up the good work.

Can @PatrickRU92 still dunk?

Reactions: Scangg
3/4 from 3 and an achilles tendon that didn't snap....keep up the good work.

Can @PatrickRU92 still dunk?
Not getting injured is always the main goal these days lol

Fast forward the scrimmage to the minutes Woolfolk got in the second half and just watch those minutes and tell me you're not excited about his defense

I am going to make a rough guess that when Pike reflected on the game he probably wished he played Simpson more without Paul. In the heat of the moment all he thought about was winning and not the Columbia game.

He was brought in as a PG - played that position exclusively as a frosh backing up Geo. You don’t think Pike would feel more comfortable giving Simpson a chance to run things with Caleb on the floor to help him?

Not getting injured is always the main goal these days lol

Fast forward the scrimmage to the minutes Woolfolk got in the second half and just watch those minutes and tell me you're not excited about his defense
Monday is right around the corner! He did look very trim.

Paul is one of the best PGs in the league and has a ton of experience. There will obviously be a drop off when he's off the floor

Miller Simpson Cam Caleb can all handle the ball. The offense likely looks a bit different when he's off the floor. I'd like to see us go with maybe a speed lineup and try to run and maybe press when Paul is out

Speculation based on one game is fun...for rabid fans like us. Most of us know not to draw many real conclusions from one game. There are so many factors that might determine minutes, including lingering injuries, the coach wanting to try out specific pairings build chemistry, who was late to practice, etc.

Paul is one of the best PGs in the league and has a ton of experience. There will obviously be a drop off when he's off the floor

Miller Simpson Cam Caleb can all handle the ball. The offense likely looks a bit different when he's off the floor. I'd like to see us go with maybe a speed lineup and try to run and maybe press when Paul is out
Simpson Miller Caleb Mag Cliff.......that is more full court man because of lack of length...or even half court
SImpson/Miller, Caleb, Mag, Hyatt, Cliff or Dean or Wolf...that is a more full court use the length, maybe even drop in to zone

Chol has a chance to develop into a nice piece in a press. Even at the top of the press where his length can cause problems. Just has to learn and get experience.

Simpson Miller Caleb Mag Cliff.......that is more full court man because of lack of length...or even half court
SImpson/Miller, Caleb, Mag, Hyatt, Cliff or Dean or Wolf...that is a more full court use the length, maybe even drop in to zone
I wonder if Pike would go to that. He might not want to see Miller and Simpson on the court at the same time together

I wonder if Pike would go to that. He might not want to see Miller and Simpson on the court at the same time together

They played a short bit together during the fairfield game, I think so Pike could see if it worked.

ADVERTISEMENT