ADVERTISEMENT

Have in-person classes resumed at Rutgers ?

giphy.gif

Rutgers classes are entirely online except for research and select graduate classes. The semester started Sept 1, many classes have already met 4 times out of ~20 so the semester is already 20% over

Reactions: Greg2020
Rutgers classes are entirely online except for research and select graduate classes. The semester started Sept 1, many classes have already met 4 times out of ~20 so the semester is already 20% over

Im told no freshmen on campus at RU. International students who can’t travel back and forth to their home countries due to Covid are living on campus.

Mostly a ghost town from what I can tell.

RU Dining Services have furloughed most of their staff, so the dorms must be relatively empty.

And, of course, those classes in tackling and blocking are still in-person.

And, of course, those classes in tackling and blocking are still in-person.

Yes of course.
Gov. Murphy has been pretty consistent for months now that playing football is safe and wouldn't promote COVID transmission for both college and high school athletes.

Yes of course.
Gov. Murphy has been pretty consistent for months now that playing football is safe and wouldn't promote COVID transmission for both college and high school athletes.

Well if Murphy says it, then it must be true! This is the same guy who says walking into a restaurant is dangerous, so wear a mask, but sitting at the same restaurant is safe, so no mask required!

Nothing this guy says makes any sense

Well if Murphy says it, then it must be true! This is the same guy who says walking into a restaurant is dangerous, so wear a mask, but sitting at the same restaurant is safe, so no mask required!

Nothing this guy says makes any sense
Someone actually has to explain that difference to you ?

You think you are safe sitting at a table but not if you are walking through the exact same space? Why is sitting safer than walking? You still have to breathe at either one. Add in most of the masks we are all wearing aren't going to prevent much of anything.

1. The mask was never to protect the person wearing it.

2. I haven't seen any masks with attached feed troughs so how do you eat while wearing one (I.e. how do they ban people sitting at a restaurant from taking their mask off)

Reactions: Greg2020 and Kbee3
Someone actually has to explain that difference to you ?
1. The mask was never to protect the person wearing it.

2. I haven't seen any masks with attached feed troughs so how do you eat while wearing one (I.e. how do they ban people sitting at a restaurant from taking their mask off)
And don't the tables have to be distanced to the point where you don't need a mask anyway?
Good job, fsg2.
Still surprised it was necessary though.

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
so if thats the case, shouldn't we be OK to go into a voting booth by ourselves??

Sure, but you shouldn't have to ...esp if you're at risk or playing it cautious.

Lines?

Plus, I thought the whole issue with restaurants was how much the bleeding hearts cared about the livelihoods of restaurateurs (lulz) so really completely different issues.

Reactions: Greg2020
OP's question reminds me of a recurring dream I have where its the end of the semester, time for finals, and I realize I skipped all the classes

In mine I’m not allowed to “walk” due to having $500 in overdue campus parking tickets!

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT