ADVERTISEMENT

Having Myles here will really help Cliff

He doesn't have to be the savior. He can play the Shaq Carter role his freshman year. The adjustment to Big Ten play is much harder for big men. So now he can develop without a ton of pressure.
Come in off the bench play his game, match up against opposition's bench guys, focus on solid play, but make a bigger impact when he feels he has a mismatch, which could be quite often.

Wonder if we won't go against the trends a bit and go with 2 big's at times.

Reactions: Scarlet83
They will be a good duo to have at the 5. Shaq Carter was a fine player but we are upgraded at the 5 for next year. Reiber can totally redshirt next year.

I’m just imagining geo and Mulcahy giving ally oop jams

He has no pressure next year either. Just fit in the same way that Mulcahy fit in this year

another recruiting point. In the last 3 recruiting classes pike scored on his primary target

2018 was Mathis
2019 was Mulcahy
2020 was cliff
I guess pike already scored on his 2021 guy?

They will be a good duo to have at the 5. Shaq Carter was a fine player but we are upgraded at the 5 for next year. Reiber can totally redshirt next year.

I’m just imagining geo and Mulcahy giving ally oop jams

He has no pressure next year either. Just fit in the same way that Mulcahy fit in this year

another recruiting point. In the last 3 recruiting classes pike scored on his primary target

2018 was Mathis
2019 was Mulcahy
2020 was cliff
I guess pike already scored on his 2021 guy?
My guess is Mag will redshirt, Reiber probably won’t because they don’t have another player on the roster like him. It’s not like he will have a bigger role next year, only seniors will be Geo, Young, Kiss, and Duke

Article says Cliff has a 7 5 wingspan. That sounds like a lot to me. What is the wingspan of the average center?

Article says Cliff has a 7 5 wingspan. That sounds like a lot to me. What is the wingspan of the average center?
It’s huge. Most guys are generally as tall as they are, maybe a couple more inches. 6’10” with a 7’5” wingspan is a yuuuge disparity.

With that body and that wingspan, he’s built for blocking shots and being a dunk machine.

Reactions: Scarlet83 and RU82
If Mulcahy and Cliff come in together as a 2nd unit? The highlights are going to be unreal.

First glimpse of his game(didn't chk him out till now) makes me think he and Mulcahy were born to play together.

If Mulcahy and Cliff come in together as a 2nd unit? The highlights are going to be unreal.

First glimpse of his game(didn't chk him out till now) makes me think he and Mulcahy were born to play together.

Agree, this is going to be fun! Mulcahy was very good at getting MJ the ball in great spots this year. He must be thrilled he now has two guys like that to pass to.

Reactions: Scarlet83 and Goku
I think cliff can do really well with a few diff wet guys on the floor

Geo has been great get getting in the lane too and putting up passes to mj for ally oop dunks. I can see that working with cliff too

Mulcahy. Obvious

I can see cliff being a good complement to young and Mathis as they like to drive to the paint but they leave behind many put backs. If Mathis ever learned to drive and dish to cliff, it would be awesome.

I think Reiber will play. He might be the #2 center the next season if Cliff goes pro after 1 year

Going to help myles on offense tremendously. Also should help his rebounding bc cliff is as athletic and physical as they come

Agree, this is going to be fun! Mulcahy was very good at getting MJ the ball in great spots this year. He must be thrilled he now has two guys like that to pass to.
And Miles offensive game is not really catch and finish, he does have great hands, but he's not a big time athlete so he is not getting up in the air to catch passes, or catching a pass a little off his spot but able to explode up and finish anyway.

Where as Cliff looks to do those things exceedingly well.. Haven't seen enough to know how good his hands are, don't look quite as good as Miles, but given his rating I figure they are more then good enough.

Actually when they are in the game together, and there is not enough minutes for them not to play a fair amount together, I think Cliff could be on the finishing end of a quite a few Miles passes as well.

Cliff is much too raw to leave after one year. He’s a three year player at least IMO.
I don't know about 3 years(not that I'm against it), but I agree, he doesn't look like a one and done guy.

In today's game an old school prototype pf could play a fair amount of center when a team wants to go small.
He isn’t an old school PF. We could never play with him as a center against a big ten team. Maybe against Caldwell we could.

Reiber is too small to play center in big ten. He will be a power forward
I was going to include in my post that I don't really know Reiber's game.

Just checked some clips(and actually I have watched him before) and I see what you are saying, he's not a physical down low player.

That said, we see teams go small all the time, we see the matchup problems a big man who can shoot presents to opposing teams with plodding big men. We also don't know how Reiber develops, get's stronger, get's acclimated to B1G basketball. So I wouldn't be shocked if 3 years from now we see a lineup where Reiber is at the 5 spot for stretches.

Reactions: Gavin1026
I think Reiber will play. He might be the #2 center the next season if Cliff goes pro after 1 year
Not to doubt Cliff’s potential but from what people who know NBA quality Cliff is not going pro after 1 year and maybe not until year 3..defensively he might survive but offensively he would be a liability

Reactions: thegock
Not to doubt Cliff’s potential but from what people who know NBA quality Cliff is not going pro after 1 year and maybe not until year 3..defensively he might survive but offensively he would be a liability

He would have to make a Daniel Oturu type jump from freshman to sophomore in order to be a two and done. Impossible? No, and I hope he becomes that good. Potential is there, Oturu went from good freshman to a monster. Let’s watch Cliff develop at his pace and enjoy the ride.

Will be really interesting to see what Reiber's actual measurements are when the roster is released:

MaxPreps: 6-7, 170
ESPN: 6-9, 200
VerbalCommits: 6-9, 200
Rivals: 6-9, 205
247: 6-10, 230
PrepHoops: 6-10, no weight given

That's a pretty wide range.

Will be really interesting to see what Reiber's actual measurements are when the roster is released:

MaxPreps: 6-7, 170
ESPN: 6-9, 200
VerbalCommits: 6-9, 200
Rivals: 6-9, 205
247: 6-10, 230
PrepHoops: 6-10, no weight given

That's a pretty wide range.

Ridiculous, lol.

Reactions: soundcrib
Not much chance of him going pro after one year. As of right now he doesn't have Power Five offensive skills. I think he's with us for at least three years, plus, engineering is important to him and his education is most important to his family from what I hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Cliff will be a beast inside for us. He will need to learn how to play D with his hands up. He seems to have good hands inside on O, and our guards are going to find him.

Man if our bigs stay out of foul trouble next year, we will really be able to spread the floor. All of our wings can shoot, drive and pass. If you ask me it is only about getting more consistent, finding the open guy and hitting high percentage shots. I don't think I have ever seen an RU team that is this well balanced and deep.

Whatever it is, it should be fun. I would live for him to block a couple of Smith's shots. That would put a fear in Maryland's drive to the championship.

Has anyone seen Cliff foul shooting? If so, does he have a nice stroke or is he a poor foul shooter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT