ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes plan to honor Stringer

Smart move by their admins. Pack the place to see CVS being honored, and then have them cheer LOUDLY against us.

As ScarletteK says - that's the plan. And yes, it will be disrupting to RU, I don't think CViv handles being in Iowa too happily to begin with.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Keep the players in the locker room.
My thoughts exactly. It’s a “nice” gesture but there’s no way they didn’t think about the head games side of it. We had our happy celebration. They can honor her when she retires and have her back for a game, pregame halftime whatever they want. This is just a bit fishy

My thoughts run towards the team being more up to the challenge of facing Iowa at home , in an effort to make sure Stringer's day is a winning one.
Iowa's tough at home and this honor might work in RU's favor.

Seeing most of the opinions about Iowa honoring CVS, it seems most feel:
trap-parks-and-rec.gif

I just feel it is a nice gesture for the Iowa WBB Program to honor C.Vivian Stringer for her accomplishments when she was Iowa's HC.

Yes - before this thread gets out of hand. Vivian is both well liked and respected in Iowa. We have seen that in person. Iowa is doubtless sincere.

Most of you were not there, but years ago during that bunch of upsets we pulled off we beat UT at Austin. We were there - they also honored Vivian before the game and Jody (who was still coaching, might have been near the end of her career) gave her a cowboy hat, IIRC. We still won.

Good luck, Ladies!!!

Will not be an easy game. Ranked team on the road. Win it and major pressure on the rest of the conference!!!! Play hard and if you lose, make Iowa earn it.

Reactions: Abro1975
This is all part of Iowa's sinister master plan. Disarm our players early, then pounce before we wake up.

ADVERTISEMENT