ADVERTISEMENT

HE IS BACK

hope he comes out with a chip and balls out this year. 10-14 wins my guess. i think he makes all 2nd or 3rd team.

What a relief... he made what likely is the smartest long term move. Let's hope that he commits himself to honing his game and becoming a great basketball player, in many phases of the game.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The D league wasn't going anywhere and Corey is likely to get watched closely this year by scouts. He actually made the right move.

Reactions: nanakap and MV9000
This is great to hear. I think Corey probably will not be back his 4th year but I think we can still have a winning season this coming year if we can bring in one more player who can really help us.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Did people really think he was leaving?

He stated that he was leaning toward leaving yesterday. So yes, of course we did. People get bad advice all the time.

I am very happy for Corey. I really hope that no matter what happens next year and his choices in the future that he gets his degree. I do believe that there is a professional basketball life waiting for him, but I doubt that's the NBA and I imagine he'll one day use his degree from Rutgers.

I am of course also so pleased that he'll be back on the team next year and he can enjoy a continued rise of the quality of basketball at Rutgers and score his 1,000th point.

giphy.gif

How could he leave for the NBA when nobody in the NBA wants him? At least for now. Sensible move.

He stated that he was leaning toward leaving yesterday. So yes, of course we did. People get bad advice all the time.

I am very happy for Corey. I really hope that no matter what happens next year and his choices in the future that he gets his degree. I do believe that there is a professional basketball life waiting for him, but I doubt that's the NBA and I imagine he'll one day use his degree from Rutgers.

I am of course also so pleased that he'll be back on the team next year and he can enjoy a continued rise of the quality of basketball at Rutgers and score his 1,000th point.

I know, there was a 3-page thread on it - just having a little fun. I rarely post in those kinds of speculative threads, since I've found that most of the posters have no clue about what's really going on (nor do I) and I prefer to just wait to see what the outcome is. This time, it's a great outcome for RU and for Corey, I believe. We now have a fighting chance at 0.500.

He made some good strides defensively last year and in sharing the ball more, but he still clearly has things to work on, like his left hand dribble and his outside shot (and FTs) and if he can improve those things, his stock will go up. He's certainly athletic enough for at least a few cups of coffee in the NBA.

Corey received the feedback he needed to make his decision and it was return to school like I thought it might be,
But if it was turn pro, would have wished him the best.

Good News for RU and Corey. Another year will better prepare him for pro ball and will help us this season to be somewhat competitive.

great news as the program and coaching staff can now get back to focusing on getting better not being sidetracked...until next year

program needs Corey now for a bridge to the future recruits who will be the ones who get the program back to the NCAA. RU could not afford a single digit season this year.

I hope Baker can surprise and hit 3's and use his length guarding. I also hope Myles Johnson can be a contributor and that we find one more contributor with our last scholarship. Somehow I hope we can get to .500 this coming season.

Glad he is coming back. Hopefully the final scholarship goes to a graduate transfer that can contribute immediately.

Welcome back, Mr. Sanders!

Definitely have some optimism going into next season. Players usually show incremental improvement year to year in most programs, especially as they move from underclassmen to upperclassmen. We finally have a coaching staff that I feel confident in to give the team the expected incremental lift.

Corey struggled with his offense in the early going with Pikiell's system, but started to get more comfortable with it past the midway point in the year. Coming in this year knowing what to expect hopefully he can make strides forward this year and become a more complete player. I'd love it if he could play his way into legitimate NBA Draft talk this year.

Awesome news!

Here's hoping the program gets to the level where it's commonplace to sweat out a player going pro, and not a unique and hair-raising event.

Terrific athlete & ballplayer. He will continue to improve. Here's hoping for a great year for him & for the team.

Good news for sure, cant wait to see how this program grows. Out coaches got everything out of the team last yr.

Sensible move. Still has things to work on before any NBA team would sign him, and there are a lot of guards, world-wide, that want to play in the overseas leagues. We will go through this with him next year.
TL

Did people really think he was leaving?

When someone says they are leaning towards a certain direction, you tend to believe them. Sanders coming back to RU is best for himself.and the team. A very good choice for him.

Best recruit we landed for the upcoming season! Super News all around. Both Corey and the team needed 1 more year of Corey on the banks!. (and the fans)

Reactions: DECKRU
ADVERTISEMENT