ADVERTISEMENT

Hear the 1982 AIAW Championship Game Rebroadcast

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Relive the 1982 AIAW National Championship won by the Lady Knights on-demand! Including memories from players Mary and Patty Coyle, Chris Dailey and Patty Delehanty; Coach Theresa Grentz; and sportswriters Paul Franklin and Mel Greenberg. Narrated by Dominick Savino. Also hear our Rutgers Day 2017 version of Alumni Knightline, as Dom revisits the game and that team with the WRSU alums who covered the Lady Knights: Jon Newman, Geoff Sadow and Jim Berman. Scroll below the graphic for audio.

http://radio.rutgers.edu/rutgers-day-from-the-archives-aiaw-championship-broadcast/

Reactions: Turtle31 and dmd78
I was there. What an awesome team, top to bottom.
I could be wrong, but I recall that at least one of their games that season was played at the Barn. Even back then, paint chips were falling from the ceiling b/c the crowd and atmosphere was just that electric.
Ahhh, the good ol' days, lol.

They actually hosted their first two games of the AIAW Tournament (I think against St John's and Minnesota) at the Barn because the RAC was already booked for another event. And the Barn was packed just like in the good old days.

ADVERTISEMENT