ADVERTISEMENT

Hello from Iowa

Wingman137

Senior
Aug 25, 2005
I only got to watch about 15 minutes of your spring game so am not sure what to think. I haven't seen that type of game format before, but you scored a boatload of points. Awesome thing with the child at the end also. Good luck in summer workouts and get yourself a bowl this year.

I haven't seen that type of game format before,

Neither have we. From a fan perspective, it was somewhat meaningless. But I think the losing players had to clean the locker room, so this scoring format gave the players incentives to make plays, even if they didn't result in real scores due to the scrimmage-type set-up.

And the smile on that kid's face after he crossed the goal line was priceless.

I believe the intention was to get more impact plays on both sides of the ball. Each defensive stop and offensive play of over 15 yards were rewarded with points. No more three yard dive plays or just containing the opposing offense. We need to be more aggressive.

They focused more on the passing game, which I loved. We need to have a vertical threat to win in this league or defenses will just stack the box. Receivers look a lot better. Looks like we're leaning more towards a pro style offense this year.

Defensively we look a bit deeper. Our secondary has me excited and the DL looks a little more stout. Health will be key to having good DL play again this year. We need to get deeper with this upcoming recruiting class.

It's still just a spring game. But I feel better than I did at this point last year.

Reactions: RUforester72
I only got to watch about 15 minutes of your spring game so am not sure what to think. I haven't seen that type of game format before, but you scored a boatload of points. Awesome thing with the child at the end also. Good luck in summer workouts and get yourself a bowl this year.
Classy post. Thank you. Good luck to the Hawkeyes as well.

I'm seeing posts in the Youtube video of the spring game highlights where several idiots think Rutgers is going to go 0-12 this year because their defense gave up 132 points in the spring game.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Thanks for the kind words and good luck to you as well. Iowa is just the type of program we would like to be someday.

As much as I appreciate well-mannered posts by guests from the great State of Iowa, their wrestling fans boorish attitude displayed before, during and after our match earlier this year cannot be forgotten.

As much as I appreciate well-mannered posts by guests from the great State of Iowa, their wrestling fans boorish attitude displayed before, during and after our match earlier this year cannot be forgotten.
Way to take a positive thread and make a negative post. Don't you hate when that happens? :flushed:

touche.. sort of.. I did go negative on the Iowa wrestling fans... while you... well.. I get the point.
Sometimes even positive guys go negative. It happens. In that other thread, that was pre-emptive, as he was taking a beating in another thread with words like "joke" being used to describe his skills. A joke does not win 3 B1G games. [cheers]

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I love this format since defense can score too.

I think this is the format of the future. Who wants to see the grandpa format we have been stuck with since Rutgers played Princeton?

Just play the Red Zone only. That's what fans want.

Screw the punts and kickoffs.

Ash for Commish.

Reactions: RUonBrain
I guess I haven't heard about a thread like that. The only time I try to stay away from the wrestling board is when a few PSU guys stop by. As much as I hate to say it, every fan base has a few idiots that try to act tough or think they're cool on these boards, and Iowa is no exception.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Sometimes even positive guys go negative. It happens. In that other thread, that was pre-emptive, as he was taking a beating in another thread with words like "joke" being used to describe his skills. A joke does not win 3 B1G games. [cheers]
I get it.. it would have gone negative eventually anyway.. that's actually one of the perils of the modern world.. so much easier to predict doom around losing programs and think yourself "right" and "smart" than bite your tongue and hope for the best.

Pissing on everything is really the new national pastime.

ADVERTISEMENT