ADVERTISEMENT

Helmet Lottery

It says that only 20 of these exclusive helmets remain in existence. What happened to the other 100?

They were being sold for just $300 on Saturday in the Bubble
I didn't think the black or silver battlescarred helmets were being sold Saturday. $300 was for red, white & matte black (without battlescars).

I didnt read the particulars on it, but if someone was going to donate to get PPs at $2,000+ can you just put 2K towards the raffle and be in the same situation? or is this donation outside of the season ticket holders profile and pp accumulation?
Yeah, seems high for a raffle ticket with no benefits other than a prize of a helmet...but then again some people do just want to support the school/team without needing to get anything material in return.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
These are very rare, they only used them once in a game.

More importantly it is a way to get hardcore collectors to donate.

I didn't think the black or silver battlescarred helmets were being sold Saturday. $300 was for red, white & matte black (without battlescars).
Just bang it on asphalt a hundred times and you'll have all the battlescars you need. We used to do this in pop warner for a little psychological warfare on the opposing team so we would look mean and badass.[/QUOTE]

are they still selling the red & white helmets anywhere?
You can still get replicas at a bunch of stores or online. If you want authentic game worn from Rutgers, then maybe reach out to them to ask.

Knowing Rutgers this was a typo lol.

well, in another thread on this board someone pointed out that the R fund calendar that was sent out has June starting on a Monday when in fact, it starts on a Wednesday this year......

Anyone have a picture of the helmet?

Game photo
11394647.jpeg

Reactions: RUchip
Hmm. Still don't see it and showing $0 for me. Must be my phone or something. I'll purchase 99 tickets for $0 each and see what happens.
. I just spoke to someone at RU. You only pay the $2000 if your entry is picked.
Good luck yo you @Vejai i hope your 99 tries get you all 20 wins.... And that you have the $40k to cover it!

It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy. If they get 50 people to pledge, then "Hey! guess what? We found an extra 30 helmets in the back of the locker room!" Meanwhile, they've collected a list of deep pockets willing to give to Rutgers.

They're not looking for the nickel & dimers trying to "win" a helmet with 20 bucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT