ADVERTISEMENT

Here’s a look at an aggregate ranking of all 14 BigTen stadiums

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
There are a plethora of great football stadiums in the Big Ten, but only one can claim the top spot.

Luckily for college football fans, there are actual aggregate rankings available to see how each Big Ten stadium stacks up against the rest of the bunch. These rankings consist of opinions from USA TODAY, Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report and Rivals among others.

What are the criteria? Atmosphere? Facility? Tailgating? I hope they don't measure based on the crowd at kickoff. SHI might not be the largest, but I think the physical plant is better than 5-6 competitors.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
If this is straight up stadium ranking we’re ahead of both Maryland and Northwestern.

Been to them both and we have a better facility.

Approaching peak off season!! 👏👏
First unis…now stadia!
What will be next? Tail gating? Weather? Coeds? Bands? Entrance?

Reactions: dconifer
Md does have an imposing third deck on one side… oddly shaped place

They've all had more money than we have since forever. They should have better stadiums. Still, I doubt ours is the worst. It looks better than an awful lot of stadiums in college football, even if it isn't especially interesting. It doesn't look like a glorified WPA project or an erector set. What we need is something bold to make it stand out. We cannot outclass Michigan or Ohio State with 100,000 seats and budgets in the tens of millions. We need something else.

maryland seems to get lots of respect without winning much more than us
I don't think Maryland gets that much more respect than us, I think a lot of their own fans think they should have stayed in the ACC for the sake of their basketball program. Maryland since joining the B1G 37-55 with 2 winning seasons; Rutgers since joining the B1G 29-64 with 1 winning season.. Both programs have struggled, but we have had the tougher transition to date.

They've all had more money than we have since forever. They should have better stadiums. Still, I doubt ours is the worst. It looks better than an awful lot of stadiums in college football, even if it isn't especially interesting. It doesn't look like a glorified WPA project or an erector set. What we need is something bold to make it stand out. We cannot outclass Michigan or Ohio State with 100,000 seats and budgets in the tens of millions. We need something else.
We have that already…volume. Literally.

It’s really the one thing we have (and can control ourselves) over everyone else.

Our lungs and voices are louder. We just are.

Indiana's stadium is old, outdated and poorly run. Not sure why it's so high on the list. Was there for a hot, early season game and they ran out of beer by halftime and water by the end of the 3rd quarter. Concession lines were outrageous. They started using tap water that tasted like the old, rusty pipes they came out of and charging full price. I wouldn't go back

ADVERTISEMENT