Senior
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Mamadou - committed
Mathis
Mac
Policelli
Top 150 player or close to it.

Mac and Policelli are perfect guys in a five man class. I just watched Policelli video and he reminds me of Manu Ginobli style wise. Mac seems like the type of guy every team needs. Make no mistake although they are not in the top 150 and don't have a ton of P5 offers right now they will get them through the summer and it will be a fight to land them. I hope we can. If with the 5th ship we land another top 150 guy that would be a great class. Another glue type guy with the fifth ship would still be a very very good class. Rinse and repeat for the next three years and we will be fighting for the tournament.

Reactions: biazza38
I'm a fan of both Mathis and Mac and I would take them both with huge smile. I'm going to assume we lose Corey next year but who knows? Let's just say we do for now? I'm also not sure we land Mathis but let's assume we do and I think we could get Mac. There's still a ton of holes we need to fill.

Souf, Baker, Thiam, Mac and Kiss. (I guess we will see where Bullock fits in?)

Mathis, Omuyuri

Doucoure, Johnson, Doorsan

If Bullock stays we would have two spots to fill if Corey is gone and we get Mathis and Mac. If Corey leaves and Bullock leaves, we would have 3 more spots to fill.

I guess Policelli could fill the small forward spot? I was hoping we might do a little better? We need another strong power forward who can post.

Mamadou - committed
Mathis
Mac
Policelli
Top 150 player or close to it.

Mac and Policelli are perfect guys in a five man class. I just watched Policelli video and he reminds me of Manu Ginobli style wise. Mac seems like the type of guy every team needs. Make no mistake although they are not in the top 150 and don't have a ton of P5 offers right now they will get them through the summer and it will be a fight to land them. I hope we can. If with the 5th ship we land another top 150 guy that would be a great class. Another glue type guy with the fifth ship would still be a very very good class. Rinse and repeat for the next three years and we will be fighting for the tournament.

Absolutely ....but Keep in mind RIGHT know we only have four...if we only have those four t give....then we need two BIGS as we only have Doorson, johhson and Doucoure for 18-19

So...under your scanario....the fourth ship must go a PF/C and then the fifth would be a choice between Mac and Pollicci

Finding kids Mac and pollicci before they blow up and getting them is critical to our build here ...

Reactions: ejgonz
Lets focus on one at a time. Definitely the class we need. Mathis recruiting is skyrocketing. I think we have a great shot at Mac at this point unless our offer leads to bigger and better P5's.

Happy we sealed Doucoure early. I really am excited for him. DOnt know much about Policelli

edit: said it once ill say it again, we need to offer Tavon Jones.

Last edited:
The biggest weakness of the basketball team has been and remains the lack of shooters.The focus of the game has changed dramatically with emphasis on the 3 point shot where Rutgers simply can't match league opponents.Shooters with size are preferred at every position because they create matchup problems for the opponent.

Naming recruits is what interests fans but closing the deal is what really matters .Status quo recruiting won't get Rutgers out of the bottom tier league rankings.Pikiell and staff must make significant inroads with 2018 recruiting .It would be a wonderful moment to see Rutgers out recruit schools with higher profiles.

The biggest weakness of the basketball team has been and remains the lack of shooters.The focus of the game has changed dramatically with emphasis on the 3 point shot where Rutgers simply can't match league opponents.Shooters with size are preferred at every position because they create matchup problems for the opponent.

Naming recruits is what interests fans but closing the deal is what really matters .Status quo recruiting won't get Rutgers out of the bottom tier league rankings.Pikiell and staff must make significant inroads with 2018 recruiting .It would be a wonderful moment to see Rutgers out recruit schools with higher profiles.
This is right on the money. If you can't hit the three, you will lose a lot of games. The game has changed. Watch what Michigan accomplished with 5-6 guys who could knock it down from anywhere

Reactions: RUJMM78

This is right on the money. If you can't hit the three, you will lose a lot of games. The game has changed. Watch what Michigan accomplished with 5-6 guys who could knock it down from anywhere
Btw, you can never be sure if guys will be program changers but we all know that Rutgers has rarely had great recruiting classes and never consecutively. I think the Rice class with Mack and Jack seemed like it at the time but they never fully came together and I don't think Jack ever materialized into the player we thought he could be. And because we never followed up with other players of even their caliber, it stalled out. The 2018 and 2019 classes will hopefully be very strong. My gut instinct is 2019 could be the NCAA year. I know everyone wants it sooner but if we can get back to the NIT and play solid basketball in 2018, I'm fine with it. I'm excited to see if we can get to some post season this year but not expecting it. I think we have a chance but really needed another scorer. I still believe we represent a huge headache for any opponent because we play hard.

ADVERTISEMENT