ADVERTISEMENT

Here's where things stand entering the final day of play:

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Ev1X3WwWQAIzldj

Don’t care who we play. Want highest seed possible. MSU will be desperate and tight. We can beat them and knock them out. That would be fulfilling.

Illinois is the hottest team now, I’d rather play UM.

Hate having to root for PSU, but go Nits
You don't have to. If Wisconsin loses to Iowa, RU should have the tie breaker with Maryland so it will not matter if Maryland wins. We lock in an #7 seed against Indiana if Iowa beats Wisc.

You don't have to. If Wisconsin loses to Iowa, RU should have the tie breaker with Maryland so it will not matter if Maryland wins. We lock in an #7 seed against Indiana if Iowa beats Wisc.

*RU has the head-up tie-breaker

Reactions: RUJMM78
I would love another shot at psu or the Huskers

According to several posters, if all three teams end up 10-10, we fall to 8 in this three-way tie.

I've heard conflicting statements about the Wisconsin-Iowa game. Some say if Wisconsin wins, we're 7. Some say if Wisconsin loses, we're 7.

We always want to win but the good thing is if we lose we may slide down to the ten line which may be a better spot for us one the tourney

We only need one of the two underdogs to win today. Root for Wisconsin and Penn St and we are the #7. If we fall to 8 so be it. We still have to play a good game to win no matter who we play.

I've heard conflicting statements about the Wisconsin-Iowa game. Some say if Wisconsin wins, we're 7. Some say if Wisconsin loses, we're 7.
We want Wisconsin to win, so they get the 6 seed. That leaves us the 7 and Maryland the 8.

That is a nice summary. We need a stern test before the tournament and I think MSU provides that more than Indiana. That is not to say I think beating IU a third time in their home state is anything close to a given. Just think MSU would be harder given their more physical style of play. Also, I am sure getting Izzo's team into the NCAA Tournament will be a story line so I am sure the game will be called in a manner that suits them. I don't see Wisconsin beating Iowa today.

Finishing in the top half of this league is a big deal. #7

Illinois and UM are both solid ... would like as many cracks at UM as possible (only team left in B1G to beat).

We are an 8 if Wisconsin loses and Maryland wins. If Wisconsin loses, we need PSU to beat Maryland to be a 7 seed. I am rooting for Wisconsin to win, but it is unlikely that they will beat Iowa on the road. Our best chance is probably PSU beating Maryland.

Maryland had a tough time with North Western's size in the last game. They were not getting as many open 3 looks against them as they did against RU either so they came up short there.

The other thing that North Western did was make Maryland play D for 25 seconds before shooting. I think that made them more tired on offense so they did not hit many open 3 point looks when they got them. Their shots were more often than not a little short which happens when you have tired legs.

I think that PSU has a chance as long as they do not come down and take quick shots instead of making Maryland work on D.

Back and forth game Iowa and WI, Wi up 2 and about to shoot and 1 with about 4 minutes left

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT