ADVERTISEMENT

Herman Edwards! I told you about Lincoln Riley....

Bamm Bamm Rubble

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2005
He's clearly the best choice to bring here but you guys are still a bunch of idiots... ( I told you guys about Lincoln Riley when he was just an offensive coordinator at at East Carolina) Rutgers should either give Herman Edwards a million more or double his contract... there were High School coaches here who resented Greg Schiano and that won't be the case with Herman Edwards.

Reactions: RU2055
It’s too late for Herm Edwards. I liked him and was pitching that idea. 95% of the board thought it was a terrible idea. Rex Ryan wouldn’t be a terrible choice, though.

It’s too late for Herm Edwards. I liked him and was pitching that idea. 95% of the board thought it was a terrible idea. Rex Ryan wouldn’t be a terrible choice, though.

Agreed. Rex Ryan is the home run that we'd have an actual chance of hiring (unlike Saban or Meyer who are the home runs that aren't coming).

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Most people here seemed in agreement that there was a need for an offensive minded coach. Schiano couldn't get an offense firing on all cylinders and Ash was a disaster. Rex Ryan lost his job with Jets because his offenses sucked so bad. One thing Rex, Ash and Greg have in common is they couldn't develop/run QB position to save their lives. You cant treat a QB as just one cog on the wheel. A football team is offense, defense, special teams, QB

Most people here seemed in agreement that there was a need for an offensive minded coach. Schiano couldn't get an offense firing on all cylinders and Ash was a disaster. Rex Ryan lost his job with Jets because his offenses sucked so bad. One thing Rex, Ash and Greg have in common is they couldn't develop/run QB position to save their lives. You cant treat a QB as just one cog on the wheel. A football team is offense, defense, special teams, QB

Umm ... Rex Ryan went to the AFC Championship game two years in a row with the worst starting QB in the league (including his rookie year). In college, unlike the pros, if you have a bad QB, you get to recruit a new one the next year.

Rex’s crazy brother would be a great DC. The kids would run through a wall for that whacko.

I can't help but to feel that Rutgers might be a bit more appealing to him.

Pete Carroll’s NFL record was horrible before he want to SC. That was a huge out of the box hire.

Pete Carroll’s NFL record was horrible before he want to SC. That was a huge out of the box hire.

It was a desperation hire. Carroll wasn't SC's first choice - they spent two weeks trying to land Dennis Erickson before he finally decided to go to Oregon. But yeah, it definitely worked out for them - right up until the Reggie Bush thing.

Reactions: 17Q66
Carroll's NFL record was 33-31 before USC, which was mediocre, not horrible. Although he was thought of as a rah rah clown, he was one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL before becoming a head coach.

Herm is 65 and coaching at a school with the hottest student body this side of The Playboy Mansion. He’s not coming back to NJ folks.
He doesn't date the student body... he's a ball coach... he can care less. Are you insinuating he should be using Kendal Briles tactics at ASU?

Jury is still out on Edwards. He is coaching his predecessors recruits.

He went 10-6 his second year. Greg took over after it fell apart. Morris does check one box. He's from NJ.

Morris checks another box. He won 10 NFL games at Tampa with Josh Freeman at QB.

Greg inherited Raheem Morris’ team and took it to the bottom in two years, going 11-21.

Morris checks another box. He won 10 NFL games at Tampa with Josh Freeman at QB.

Greg inherited Raheem Morris’ team and took it to the bottom in two years, going 11-21.
Raheem Morris last year with the Bucs 4-12
GS took it over and was 7-9 the following year

Why let the facts get in the way.

All this talk about Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano has nothing to do with the fact that Herman Edwards is the best man for this job... guys I'm sick of being mediocre... or flat-out sucking! The birthplace of the game deserves better than that! New Jersey deserves better than that! A lot of you guys keep talking about the nice thing to do and how great it would be to bring GS back... That's nice and all but I'd rather Rutgers win the Rose Bowl and be a contender for the national championship.

You guys have no idea what a recruiting Advantage this will give us... and how this would open up so many doors for media coverage. Rutgers University, Herman Edwards, Nunzio Campanile, New Jersey High School football recruits, The Big Ten, The New York and Philadelphia media markets together can make an unstoppable force.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT