ADVERTISEMENT

Hi Rutgers

Wingman137

Senior
Aug 25, 2005
This was a very hard fought game. I'm hoping the injuries suffered don't keep your guys out too long. No one likes to see injuries. Bruised and battered yes, but not injured and out for any amount of time. I do think you have some good players, just not a lot of depth. With a couple of decent recruiting years, you could be very good. Anyway good luck next week.

Thank you wingman. I meet many nice Iowa fans today at the stadium. Good luck to the Hawkeyes for the rest of the season.

A friend of mine made the game and called me afterwards. He was impressed at how well he was treated by the Rutgers fans. He said there were a few jerks but 98% were awesome. In today's world, that's doing pretty well.

While walking at Halftime down by the student section I heard a student heckle an Iowa fan.
I told him " shut up you idiot ".

Didn't you hear the chant near the end of the game during an injured player timeout?

Saw that....it looked to be a bunch of Iowa fans in the very front 2 rows of section 103... Was thinking there was no way they could have seen the RU player down ( or the seriousness of it) with the Iowa bench right in front of them and the RU players standing over Lambert.

You will always find a few jerks at every college football stadium.

I am glad that I saw RU fans treating Iowa fans nicely all day yesterday.

Iowa fans were first class in my encounters as well.

Saw that....it looked to be a bunch of Iowa fans in the very front 2 rows of section 103... Was thinking there was no way they could have seen the RU player down ( or the seriousness of it) with the Iowa bench right in front of them and the RU players standing over Lambert.
They had a clear line of sight to the player down. And it wasn't just that one section. And also cheering while Grant was down, but I'll cut them some slack on that because most people didn't realize he was hurt right away.

While walking at Halftime down by the student section I heard a student heckle an Iowa fan.
I told him " shut up you idiot ".

heckle an opposing fan? God forbid!

Its much better to run to the internet to run our mouths instead.

They had a clear line of sight to the player down. And it wasn't just that one section. And also cheering while Grant was down, but I'll cut them some slack on that because most people didn't realize he was hurt right away.
According to several people in another thread that was supposedly the group from Weequahic HS. So most of that cheering of the injuries was from a NJ High School team. I think that Wadley on Iowa is from there.

Our student section started doing an assholes chant at them because of that.

That entire section (the 1st 10 rows) was Iowa fans but interestingly more wearing black then gold whereas the rest of the stadium was mainly in gold. They were looking DIRECTLY AT Lambert while chanting "Let's Go Hawks" after he had already been down for maybe a minute. They stopped when the student section started chanting "Assholes" while pointing their way.

According to several people in another thread that was supposedly the group from Weequahic HS. So most of that cheering of the injuries was from a NJ High School team. I think that Wadley on Iowa is from there.

Our student section started doing an assholes chant at them because of that.
I'm a student so I'm aware of the asshole chant as I was right in the middle of it.

ADVERTISEMENT