ADVERTISEMENT

High of 17 degrees Saturday (Feb 4)

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Would they consider postponing the game to Sunday, when it's supposed to be 40?

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that we will probably be watching from the couch due to the weather but a move to Sunday would be great and we would be back on site.

There is a point when the seats get so cold you can be sitting on three blankets and still not escape it.

Nothing, and I mean nothing holds back the popularity of this game more than the weather imo. Football is woven into the fabric of America from coast to coast and is a known commodity so fans will go to a game in the cold if the local team has a pulse after three months of beautiful autumn weather. Lax will never get that starting in February.

Trick learned from friends in Chicago that go to football games. Bring a small swatch of carpet to stand on. Does wonders apparently.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
I was thinking that same thing. I probably wouldn't use my number 1 in that weather.

Sticks are much more disposable now. As is all the equipment. They can use 3 sets a gloves a year because you can break them in immediately.

Sticks aren't nearly as complex as they once where. Not that they are worse, but mesh is much easier to set up and duplicate.

It's a real consideration. I am not sure what the supply chains are like now but there was a time last year they had to get stuff from a store because Maverik was having a hard time getting gear manufactured and sent.

I wish sticks were as cheap as they are disposable! My son has a stick fund these days that we contribute to for good grades, etc. because he is tearing through equipment and it's adding up.

I wish sticks were as cheap as they are disposable! My son has a stick fund these days that we contribute to for good grades, etc. because he is tearing through equipment and it's adding up.

Fortunately the guys on the team don't have to worry about that.

I do wonder how our deal is structured. I know Adidas wanted to pay us to use their equipment but we declined. Apparently it's horrible.

Fortunately the guys on the team don't have to worry about that.

I do wonder how our deal is structured. I know Adidas wanted to pay us to use their equipment but we declined. Apparently it's horrible.

Adidas makes sticks?

Adidas makes sticks?
All hard goods.

They are horrible apparently. I have never seen them in person but the kids hate it. Delaware uses them among a couple of other teams.

I haven't heard anything official but someone posted on premium that we are moving to Nike. I wonder if we will switch suppliers to Stx. They moved on from Sarahcuse so are probably looking for a marquee team now.

Last edited:
Equipment in college is much easier to get now and each player should have his game stick plus a solid backup and a third that they are getting ready to use. with most players using mesh it is far easier to break in and keep consistent. Traditional sticks were far harder and gloves today are even easier. I feel bad for fogo's as they seem to break their sticks constantly. I know that I am happy that I no longer have to buy gear for my son as he is well taken care of by his school

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
ADVERTISEMENT