ADVERTISEMENT

Football HighPoint gone, now called SHI Stadium

Isn't the game being played at High Point, I think RU FB fans will remember the High Point name, but hopefully start calling it the future shi stadium , in honor of the company gambling on benefiting from the RU FB program improving by putting their name on the stadium Rutgers plays in.

Any business that wants to be associated with Rutgers Football is a business we do not want to be associated with.

LOLOLOL

Reactions: rutgersal
: [IMG said:
That's great shiT(M)
and no one should be embarrassed by it, but play it up and thwart those who try to make the stadiums name look bad.
Rutgers fans are always too self-conscience and other school's fanbases use that to make a lot of RU fans feel inferior.
Actually some RU Fans do that to themselves while fearing how something Rutgers does will look.

This shi name looks good to me and I think all RU FB fans should shove the shi down every other school's fanbase's throats or up their butts if they try to make fun of shi Stadium.

The student section can bring plungers to each game, sponsored by a local plumbing shop. When RU is winning, we can chant "Flush those turds!"

Reactions: mildone
Two of the major problems I have with the athletic department and university decision makers are the lack of self awareness and accountability.

Perhaps the decision makers here knew all along but nobody is fessing up to knowing that most people immediately thought of Shi*. Most branding experts and marketing scientists would immediately raise a red flag with this even before sending it to focus groups.

We did not send out a positive image here and this ads up in the tarnishing of the Rutgers brand.

65d805fe91b2105782aa2366a6a376a6.jpg

Its just the latest example of ru incompetence. If you are serious about building a brand, you have to have social awareness and know SHI is not going to go down well when you have a history of losing. If any winning program makes this deal, its not an issue. Im in shock( i guess i shouldnt be anymore) at the level of incompetence at our school. How does anybody approve this.. its comical.

From reading the article on OTB, it appears RU picked up a pretty lucrative deal, more than doubling the amount paid by Highpoint.com. -But man, that name...SHI?? You can't help but think the obvious when you see it, and no doubt plenty of Rutgers detractors will be happily completing the phrase every chance they get.

Oh well, as the saying goes, "Money talks and bullSHI walks". [eyeroll]

Reactions: RUonBrain
Man I'm glad none of you guys are our AD. We just doubled our stadium naming rights revenue and guaranteed that number to actually triple in a few years. For that kind of deal at a time when our team is such a hard sell, you could add the T at the end and call it Shit Stadium for all I care. Let the haters make their jokes, we'll laugh all the way to the bank.

This whole thing reminds me of an old joke. Warning, it's like a 1.5 out of 10 on the funny scale, and I didnt write it. More apropos than funny. Anyhoo...

A guy is in an elevator and a lady walks in and she says, "t.g.i.f.".

Him: "s.h.i.t."

"T.G.I.F.!"

"S.H.I.T."

"thank god it's friday"

"Uh sorry honey it's Thursday"

*Go rutgers. Think of the promotional possibilities: "Welcome to SHI Stadium. If you want to see the 'T' make sure to be in your seats before kickoff."

*Calling all snoop dog fans for non-mocking nicknames of the stadium: The Shizzle, The Shiznit...

Phew, I had to get all that off my chest. I'm all finished now.

Reactions: RUonBrain
In the College Football World, RU is now 'Turd World' !!

Embrace the Stain !

PR Disaster. The puns will be endless. Would have been better to change the name back to Rutgers Stadium for a year or two, then negotiated from a position of more strength. Now we’ve locked ourselves into a long term deal, based on a 1-11 record.

Man I'm glad none of you guys are our AD. We just doubled our stadium naming rights revenue and guaranteed that number to actually triple in a few years. For that kind of deal at a time when our team is such a hard sell, you could add the T at the end and call it Shit Stadium for all I care. Let the haters make their jokes, we'll laugh all the way to the bank.

And then spend all those extra dollars in marketing trying to un-F*ck the SHI meme in a few years.

Reactions: theRU
You are the SHI! Great for team motivation (repeat mantra before every game):
tenor.gif

See Rutgers/Hobbs knew what they were doing all along :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: CL82 and TonyLieske
Its short sighted thinking... thats the kind of thinking that got us here in the first place. Brand builders know better... its clear were not trying to build anything here. Its only anout money now, results be damned- and its actually going to cost us more in the long run

Reactions: RU-05
Could be worse, might have added another sponsor to be part of the name.:
1000 Flushes field inside of shi Stadium

SHI was formerly known as Software House Intl., we really need to reach a compromise with SHI to use this old company name. Pretty please. :grimace:

ADVERTISEMENT