ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs says fundraising update in 2 weeks

RoxboroughKnight

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2009
Pat Hobbs was interviewed during the football spring game last night. He said he should be ready to give a public announcement with an update on the fundraising campaign in about 2 weeks. Hopefully a date for breaking ground on the practice facility comes during that update as well. The Hobbs interview is about halfway down page in the link below.

http://www.onthebanks.com/2016/4/23...me-football-chris-ash-pat-hobbs-leonte-carroo

Wow, Hobbs is looking to really get fundraising down to very specific details, like Men's Asst. Coach Office renovation.

I just grabbed the naming rights for the Men's Asst Coach Office waste paper basket. It will be named "The RU-Chopping- Ohio Trash Container in Office 4"

Reactions: ScarletDave
Wow, Hobbs is looking to really get fundraising down to very specific details, like Men's Asst. Coach Office renovation.

I just grabbed the naming rights for the Men's Asst Coach Office waste paper basket. It will be named "The RU-Chopping- Ohio Trash Container in Office 4"

It is just so that people can get their name attached to something to help with the fundraising.

Don't know if you read my post on this in the other thread but Hobbs was speaking here in LA the other day. I asked him specifically about this . He said he would not commit to shovels being in the ground in June. he said engineering on the site would happen in June probably , and shovels would not be in the ground until a couple of months later. I'm sure that situation could be fluid, but thats what he said 3 days ago

Patrick,
Not saying you are wrong,but but I thought I read or someone told me there is a financial penalty with the state money if construction does not start by July 1. By that, I assumed it meant actual construction,but maybe it just means the project is a go and design plans are being completed by July 1.

Patrick,
Not saying you are wrong,but but I thought I read or someone told me there is a financial penalty with the state money if construction does not start by July 1. By that, I assumed it meant actual construction,but maybe it just means the project is a go and design plans are being completed by July 1.

I hear you but that was not my opinion. That was straight from Hobbs mouth 5 days ago when I asked him that specific question

They just passed that legislation with the state tax credits less than a year ago. Can't believe that the tax credits would expire 12 months after passed unless there were actually shovels in the ground. That's a little unrealistic.

They just passed that legislation with the state tax credits less than a year ago. Can't believe that the tax credits would expire 12 months after passed unless there were actually shovels in the ground. That's a little unrealistic.

I don't believe that shovels have to be in the ground by July 1. I think July 1 is the deadline to submit the application for the tax credits (which would imply that a contractor is named). I also believe that the project needs to be competed by summer 2018.

groundbreaking does not mean shovels in the ground, there may be a ceremionially shovel in the ground ala baseball facility presser back in October with Julie but not a real giant shovel

Reactions: LC-88
16 days and counting since the spring game. Radio silence out of the RAC.
I hope it's not because we have raised very little and they don't want to be embarrassed about the announcement. Very sad if we don't have fifty million at this juncture heck politicians gave us 25 million for free. The AlumnI may be the ultimate RU screw with its deep pockets and short arms. Hope I am wrong but that's our history. If penn state needed to raise this money It would be done by now. There fans pay 100 a seat to sit in the nose bleeds as we did last fall to cheer on RU when they destroyed us in happy valley some of us need to step up.

Last edited:
I hope it's not because we have raised very little and they don't want to be embarrassed about the announcement. Very sad if we don't have fifty million at this juncture heck politicians gave us 25 million for free. The AlumnI may be the ultimate RU screw with its deep pockets and short arms. Hope I am wrong but that's our history. If penn state needed to raise this money It would be done by now. There fans pay 100 a seat to sit in the nose bleeds as we did last fall to cheer on RU when they destroyed us in happy valley some of us need to step up.
It is not bad news. Things are going very well.

groundbreaking does not mean shovels in the ground, there may be a ceremionially shovel in the ground ala baseball facility presser back in October with Julie but not a real giant shovel
I would much prefer a bulldozer .

For what it's worth, a commenter on On The Banks claims that at a recent RU function he attended Barchi said that Hobbs has raised $30M so far and is doing a great job. That is, $30M in addition to the $25M from the state. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Great quote from Pikes in the NY Post yesterday:

“We’re on television all the time, [the Big Ten] has the most invites to the NBA combine in the country. We’re the most watched venue in the area for the NBA scouts,” the former Stony Brook coach said in a phone interview. “We’re one of the top 20 public universities in the world. We’re in the best league in the country. We’re the only Power-Five school in the area. We’re building a new practice facility."

http://nypost.com/2016/05/08/steve-pikiells-plan-get-recruits-to-see-rutgers-through-his-eyes/

Reactions: RedSpartan
Quite the opposite. RU fans are going to be happy with he results.

Are you happy that less than 1000 people donated to the fund? It shows what this alumni and fan base is? CHEAP and Small Time.

Several things to take into consideration, Chris:

- people are not used to donating to a specific fund

- people "ear-mark" their donations to other funds or sports

- the majority of people make their donations from April-Dec and not Jan-March due to a # of reasons (tax returns, post-July 1st bonuses, etc, etc)

ADVERTISEMENT