ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs under investigation for inappropriate consensual relationship

The strongest string in the world is the female pubic hair. It has pulled the mightiest of men to their own destruction.
Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Maybe blackmail - this thing breaking out with season beginning was highly suspicious.
Reminded me of the Schiano, Mulchay ambush as 2008 began

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Some of us have been talking about this since the very beginning and been poo pooed by everyone else saying it was really his heart.

However, He resigned. I'm not sure what Rutgers could do to him now except maybe use some clawback option in his contract to get money back from him. But what's the point?

Some of us have been talking about this since the very beginning and been poo pooed by everyone else saying it was really his heart.

However, He resigned. I'm not sure what Rutgers could do to him now except maybe use some clawback option in his contract to get money back from him. But what's the point?
If RU knew all along and just coordinated a “let him go” approach, that looks worse…

Reactions: T2Kplus20
If RU knew all along and just coordinated a “let him go” approach, that looks worse…

I said elsewhere that Pat heard something was coming down the pipeline for him and he quit before Rutgers could do anything to him. I'm not sure when Rutgers found out but Pat got out ahead of it and quit before it could be made into a giant scandal.

I said elsewhere that Pat heard something was coming down the pipeline for him and he quit before Rutgers could do anything to him. I'm not sure when Rutgers found out but Pat got out ahead of it and quit before it could be made into a giant scandal.
This is 100% what happened. Which is why it was handled so bizarrely. He abruptly resigned when he knew this was coming and blamed his heart.

As Mrs. Screw (who has clearly been rightfully suspicious from the beginning) and many others are aware, I’ve said from the get go that I knew for certain the rumor of him having an affair with the gymnastics coach was true.

Shout out to Knight Shift, JTung, madhat and RU66. I think those were the main ring leaders calling me out.

This is 100% what happened. Which is why it was handled so bizarrely. He abruptly resigned when he knew this was coming and blamed his heart.

As Mrs. Screw (who has clearly been rightfully suspicious from the beginning) and many others are aware, I’ve said from the get go that I knew for certain the rumor of him having an affair with the gymnastics coach was true.

Shout out to Knight Shift, JTung, madhat and RU66. I think those were the main ring leaders calling me out.

Can you link ur post? Wouldn't ask if the thread wasn't 25 pages long.

I have had eight different guys ask me about this in the last two weeks.

Stayed away from that thread for the most part. Once I saw he left immediately I knew there was something not kosher. No one in academia or higher level management leaves without taking their golden parachute/sabbatical etc….

After all Hobbs was the one that granted CVS her 3 year fleecing of the university so he knew what he could take advantage of.

Can you link ur post? Wouldn't ask if the thread wasn't 25 pages long.

I have had eight different guys ask me about this in the last two weeks.
I’ll be honest, it was about 15 different posts and I have no idea how to link them ha. I’m sorry!

The TL:DR is I know (because someone that knows told me) that Hobbs was having an affair with USB and that’s why he resigned. I didn’t come out and say that, but then when a rumor about what I knew to be true showed up on Reddit, I directed people there noting that it was factual.

A lot of people didn’t like that. And I learned a lesson ha

Favoritism allegations? Beyond putrid coach…using the ticker excuse to get rid of him to then say, oh look we just found out is bad optics… or saying that is what happened, but RU would deserve whatever bad press comes its way…
We don’t know the facts yet. Maybe the investigation got started and hobbs knew he was in deep $hit and just quit.

I stand corrected and wait is over

Woopty doo for those that had some shred of inside knowledge. There was not a shred of public evidence to support the rumors other than speculation.

Reactions: rubigtimenow

suck my dick GIF

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Stayed away from that thread for the most part. Once I saw he left immediately I knew there was something not kosher. No one in academia or higher level management leaves without taking their golden parachute/sabbatical etc….

After all Hobbs was the one that granted CVS her 3 year fleecing of the university so he knew what he could take advantage of.
That's a little off base on CVS. A coaching legend and a black woman. How would you have handled that hot potato at a woke University?

Oh this is going to run deep

"Before Rutgers Athletic Director Pat Hobbs resigned, Rutgers received multiple complaints from gymnasts about the program's head coach, Umme Salim-Beasley. Those athletes alleged Hobbs protected her and ignored or downplayed their concerns."

Maybe he left before the team of 150 lawyers that must review every firing could approve. Remember when Tim Pernetti tried to fire Mike Rice and the lawyers said no? A legend should remember these things.
Right . Legends know !
This is why I posted in this thread we don’t have all the facts. It appears hobbs getting out of dodge.

Reactions: Knight Shift
That's a little off base on CVS. A coaching legend and a black woman. How would you have handled that hot potato at a woke University?
I wouldn’t have allowed a contract to be beyond one year without claw backs. She signed a multi year contract after missing the end of the prior year and never reported to work again.

I wouldn’t have allowed a contract to be beyond one year without claw backs. She signed a multi year contract after missing the end of the prior year and never reported to work again.
That's fair, but I doubt that would not have gone over at Rutgers based on her status and the other factors I mentioned. Despite my buddy in this thread who disagrees, I can be wrong sometimes, but I reserve being wrong with the Mrs!

Reactions: kupuna133

Congrats to sticking to your guns as suggested early on. It never was speculation as you well know and repeatedly stated. It just took a while for the poopy to publicly hit the fan.

lol you were surely the worst of them. Just such a dense, holier-than-thou poster.
You should go back and re-read my posts. I maintained that until there wa clear evidence of a relationship, rumor and innuendo should be avoided. Have seen marriages and careers destroyed on rumor and innuendo. That's not holier than thou. That is pragmatic. And even if there was a relationship, I am not going to judge either party. That's their business and their life. I carry myself differently, but I do not judge others who behave contrary to my value system.

Each person has a unique situation, and their situation is none of my business. Some of my closest friends have had affairs and they remained close friends. Please tell me what is holier than thou about any of that.

There's the Star Rag I know and loathe!! Late to the game though!!!
The strongest string in the world is the female pubic hair. It has pulled the mightiest of men to their own destruction.
Clarence Thomas "was that a public hair upon my Coke"?
Haven’t seen one of those in the last 30 years.lol
Too bad for you... 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT